Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Old Jan 29, 2018, 7:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Well, some foods in a restaurant may be prepared in a pot...

...and some foods — such as wings — may be served in a saucer.

It is plane to me that those items represent flying — and if they do not, I do not know what does...
Sigh...
Old Jan 30, 2018, 5:15 am

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
It is clear to me that Canarsie is telling us that he gets high by getting into his flying saucer and going someplace where he can buy his pot by the pot. In reality, of course, he uses his Delta SkyPesos to fly to states where recreational marijuana is legal and, for the return trip, just believes he is a flying saucer.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 5:27 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Dovster
It is clear to me that Canarsie is telling us that he gets high by getting into his flying saucer and going someplace where he can buy his pot by the pot. In reality, of course, he uses his Delta SkyPesos to fly to states where recreational marijuana is legal and, for the return trip, just believes he is a flying saucer.
LOL
Old Jan 30, 2018, 6:10 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Thanks to you, Dovster, I am now in the mood for Carvel...
Old Jan 30, 2018, 6:30 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Well, some foods in a restaurant may be prepared in a pot...

...and some foods — such as wings — may be served in a saucer.

It is plane to me that those items represent flying — and if they do not, I do not know what does...
All of this is going over my head. When I go to a restaurant it's because I want to have a big launch. I like to start with some gravi-tea, then move on to something a little more uplifting.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by kipper
Good morning!

Interesting that they now have 2 different boomerang flights. Decent beers?
In my opinion -never been a huge fan of Fosters Lager but it is drinkable. Hard cider was way too sweet for me - but again drinkable. Bold highlighted are the ones I enjoyed - Shock Top is nice but I have had loads of times. But glad I tried them all. Local Pale ale and IPAs were Warped Wing brewery versions.

BOOMERANG BEER FLIGHT

• BONDI BEACH BOOMERANG FLIGHT

Foster's Lager, Local Pale Ale, Shock Top Belgian White & Angry Orchard Hard Cider Price $6.00

• SYDNEY BOOMERANG FLIGHT
Coopers Original Pale Ale, Local IPA, Samuel Adams Seasonal & Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar
Price $6.00

Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

https://www.outback.com/bar/beers
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:51 am

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Thanks to you, Dovster, I am now in the mood for Carvel...
I am always in the mood for Carvel. Alas, it does not exist in Israel.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 8:12 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

I am always in the mood for Carvel. Alas, it does not exist in Israel.
Many locations have closed in the United States — including one of the ones to which we went in South Florida.

I suppose that is what happens when a venture capital firm runs a company...
Old Jan 30, 2018, 8:32 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
MAEN! Still getting some light snow here in Baltimore although not a whole lot of accumulation.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 8:55 am

I have some vague recollection of what snow looks like. Haven't seen much of it at all this year.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
What happened to the warm weather. Cold and windy in DC.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 1:31 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
In my opinion -never been a huge fan of Fosters Lager but it is drinkable. Hard cider was way too sweet for me - but again drinkable. Bold highlighted are the ones I enjoyed - Shock Top is nice but I have had loads of times. But glad I tried them all. Local Pale ale and IPAs were Warped Wing brewery versions.

BOOMERANG BEER FLIGHT

• BONDI BEACH BOOMERANG FLIGHT

Foster's Lager, Local Pale Ale, Shock Top Belgian White & Angry Orchard Hard Cider Price $6.00

• SYDNEY BOOMERANG FLIGHT
Coopers Original Pale Ale, Local IPA, Samuel Adams Seasonal & Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar
Price $6.00

Not all hard cider is sweet. Try some of the new artisan local ones from various varieties of apples. I especially like the French style ones, such as from the Door County cidery that uses apples (and pears) from Washington Island.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Not all hard cider is sweet. Try some of the new artisan local ones from various varieties of apples. I especially like the French style ones, such as from the Door County cidery that uses apples (and pears) from Washington Island.
Oh trust me I know -the Brits I think invented cider (or at least made it popular) and I have had some nice dry ones, but the one served at Outback was fairly sweet. Great apple taste though. It was OK - but would not be my first choice of drink.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 3:42 pm

I met an alien girl once at an Outback Steakhouse. I was going to take her back to her flying saucer, but she couldn't remember where she left it. We ended up driving in crop circles all night long trying to find it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.