Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2018, 1:07 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Morning! I hate 5:30 wake ups. GROAN!
Old Jan 19, 2018, 6:18 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
MAEN!

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Morning! I hate 5:30 wake ups. GROAN!
Sorry that's an incorrect use of GROAN! in this thread. Please reread the entire thread from the beginning to understand the correct context and usage.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 7:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Happy Shutdown Day everyone. Here’s to mandatory days off. :/
Old Jan 19, 2018, 7:42 am

Unfortunately government contractors won't be shutting down, so I'll still have to work.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The 3 pm departure isn't so bad unless you're trying to do work stuff in your office that day. The horrible aspect is the 6 am arrival into AMS or CDG if you're not connecting onward. You're likely to be homeless in the city for many hours before being able to get into your hotel room.
So I do this about 10 times per year but I am always connecting onwards to MAN so no big deal for me.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 10:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
So I do this about 10 times per year but I am always connecting onwards to MAN so no big deal for me.
Were you able to get any rest? Granted I don’t sleep well on planes regardless of the seat, but departing at 3PM doesn’t sound conducive.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 10:02 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Howste
Sorry that's an incorrect use of GROAN! in this thread. Please reread the entire thread from the beginning to understand the correct context and usage.
If you do, please count them, so that we have the stats
Old Jan 19, 2018, 1:47 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

MAEN!

Originally Posted by Zorak
If you do, please count them, so that we have the stats
...and you are required to know all of the content posted to this discussion since it was launched — and you will be quizzed on it.

Read this entire discussion starting...NOW.

La de da...dum de dum...

...okay. Time is up. What content is found in milepost number 57,891; exactly when was it posted; and who posted it?
Lehava likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 1:51 pm

Here's what I remember from my photographic memory...
Originally Posted by Traveller on May 11, 10, 6:49 pm
Oh I'm here.... usually lurking these days....
Oops, I see you meant that miamiflyer8 was supposed to answer...
Old Jan 19, 2018, 1:55 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Oops, I see you meant that miamiflyer8 was supposed to answer...
To repent for your misstep, you must now conjure a random question pertaining to this discussion for miamiflyer8 to answer...
Old Jan 19, 2018, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by Canarsie
To repent for your misstep, you must now conjure a random question pertaining to this discussion towards miamiflyer8...
OK, how many groans has Kipper posted in this thread broken out by number of exclamation points?

Bonus question for extra points: Who has earned the most groans in the above tally?
Old Jan 19, 2018, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Amusing now, but wasn't at the time. Half hour late leaving Atlanta yesterday, but not directly the weather. Catering truck malfunctioned trying to load rear coach cabin supplies, blocking us in. Captain and crew wanted to waive the stuff for the 90 minute RSW run, but couldn't communicate directly to call it off.
First galley had ice, so a mimosa helped make up for the delay.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 11:19 am

Baggage Q that does not warrant its own thread: I want to book an economy ticket TPE -> PHL. Cheapest routing is TPE -> ICN on KE, ICN -> ATL and ATL -> PHL on DL. Delta charges a $150 bike fee. Since baggage check-in is with KE (who does not charge bike fees), would I have to pay any bike fees for that flight? Or will the KE counter realize most/some/any of the the flight is on DL and apply DL baggage fees?
Old Jan 20, 2018, 12:49 pm

If they'd shut down next month, the SO would get a paid vacation, though no idea when the check would come in. Because it was this month, he has to work with minimal staffing until things go back to normal. Don't know when the check will come in for that, either - somehow that's more acceptable when you *aren't* working than when you are. So it goes...
Old Jan 22, 2018, 5:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
MAEN!

LOL
Originally Posted by WWads
Happy Shutdown Day everyone. Here’s to mandatory days off. :/
Mr. Kipper is considered essential, so he's at work. That said, his specific area isn't affected by this due to the nature of their funding.

...and you are required to know all of the content posted to this discussion since it was launched — and you will be quizzed on it.

Read this entire discussion starting...NOW.

La de da...dum de dum...

...okay. Time is up. What content is found in milepost number 57,891; exactly when was it posted; and who posted it?
LOL
OK, how many groans has Kipper posted in this thread broken out by number of exclamation points?

Bonus question for extra points: Who has earned the most groans in the above tally?

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Amusing now, but wasn't at the time. Half hour late leaving Atlanta yesterday, but not directly the weather. Catering truck malfunctioned trying to load rear coach cabin supplies, blocking us in. Captain and crew wanted to waive the stuff for the 90 minute RSW run, but couldn't communicate directly to call it off.
First galley had ice, so a mimosa helped make up for the delay.
Mr. Kipper had a flight delayed for several hours due to a catering truck hitting and damaging the door. It required a replacement part, which they needed to fly in from another airport.
Is kupper the past tense of kipper?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.