Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Old Jan 5, 2018, 10:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by kipper
Inquiring minds want to know?
The first one that I let go was a lady who clearly wanted to sleep but was assigned the aisle. I let it go for that reason.

The second one may have been an accident, but it was difficult to tell. I'm a big window seat person these days and had already given it up on the way down, so I wasn't about to again.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 8:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by WWads
The first one that I let go was a lady who clearly wanted to sleep but was assigned the aisle. I let it go for that reason.

The second one may have been an accident, but it was difficult to tell. I'm a big window seat person these days and had already given it up on the way down, so I wasn't about to again.
I'm always an aisle seat person, so I'd always trade with you.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 8:51 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Pharaoh
If it's Guinness, the correct answer is 119.5 seconds.
Only if you want to beat the world record.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 1:21 am

I get the feeling this is the Delta general discussion thread, but let me know if my questions would be better answered somewhere else!

1. Are there plans to bring A350s to SEA? I see that they're mostly in DTW flying transpac flights, but I thought the point of SEA was to be a base for flights to Asia?
2. DL advertises a SEA-CVG flight, but every time I have tried to book it to visit my parents (or vice-versa), it ends up getting changed to a connecting flight through DTW/ATL/MSP. Is there a way to know when the flight will actually happen, or do we just hope that enough other people want to go SEA-CVG that day and the flight makes economic sense?
Old Jan 7, 2018, 1:40 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Welcome to FT and the Delta forum! This is indeed mostly a casual blow-off-steam thread, but

1. I doubt it; even if the point of SEA is to be *a* gateway to Asia, it's probably not going to be *the* gateway to Asia, and although I am not an expert by any means on aircraft capabilities and route planning I suspect using the A350 from SEA would be a waste of its range.

2. No idea, but might've gotten discontinued for winter? The non-stop seems to come back in March on the schedule at least.

General 350 thread:

2017 The Year of the A350

This is probably the most recently active but ominously named CVG-related thread

RIP CVG
Old Jan 7, 2018, 10:36 am

I'm going to miss the MD88s at CVG. I'm three miles away from the airport and the windows always rattle whenever one takes off.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
TERRIFIC start to this year

woke up to a Delta Messenger “It’s time to check in for your flight to Orange County!” notification on my phone this morning

uh, no, I’m flying on Tuesday, w t foxo, ... except I had indeed booked for Mon (in thinking about it, the UG had cleared at booking on Wed evening, so I **should have** realized something was out of whack then) ... called the PM desk, got the “wait time is 25 to 28 minutes” recording, opted to remain on hold, and an agent picked up in less than five ... he moved me to the 655pm tomorrow with no issues, and confirmed the UG in real time

as much as I like sunrise flights, and as much as I’ll moan about another night in a hotel, it’s NOT having to roll out of bed at 0500 and it’s NOT having to sneak out of the house at 0545 while trying not to wake the dog
Old Jan 8, 2018, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by jrl767

woke up to a Delta Messenger “It’s time to check in for your flight to Orange County!” notification on my phone this morning

uh, no, I’m flying on Tuesday, w t foxo, ... except I had indeed booked for Mon (in thinking about it, the UG had cleared at booking on Wed evening, so I **should have** realized something was out of whack then) ... called the PM desk, got the “wait time is 25 to 28 minutes” recording, opted to remain on hold, and an agent picked up in less than five ... he moved me to the 655pm tomorrow with no issues, and confirmed the UG in real time

as much as I like sunrise flights, and as much as I’ll moan about another night in a hotel, it’s NOT having to roll out of bed at 0500 and it’s NOT having to sneak out of the house at 0545 while trying not to wake the dog
LOL, at least you were able to reschedule.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 6:59 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Somebody booked a flight for me on the wrong day once - the day after I was supposed to leave. I got to the airport and had no reservation and had to scramble to get something. That was the point that I stopped letting other people book flights for me if I could help it.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
LOL, at least you were able to reschedule.
I didn’t check what inventory they were actually selling for that flight, but the lowest availability was ~$10 over what I had paid ... since I just asked to SDC, I don’t know whether it would have worked anyway or if the agent just did me a favor as a PM (although I did confess to having goofed up the original booking)
Originally Posted by Howste
Somebody booked a flight for me on the wrong day once - the day after I was supposed to leave. I got to the airport and had no reservation and had to scramble to get something. That was the point that I stopped letting other people book flights for me if I could help it.
I’ve been the guilty party in that scenario
The dumbest travel-related mistake you ever made?

Last edited by jrl767; Jan 8, 2018 at 8:00 am
Old Jan 8, 2018, 8:31 am
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
*hangs head* I was using points to fly a friend up to visit me (she is RDU I am MSP). I booked the ticket backwards. I was so used to having everything depart from MSP I didn't even think about it. Neither of us realized it until she got to the airport to check in (a kettle who doesn't have the app). Thankfully diamond desk laughed at what I did and got her on a flight.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by Lehava
*hangs head* I was using points to fly a friend up to visit me (she is RDU I am MSP). I booked the ticket backwards. I was so used to having everything depart from MSP I didn't even think about it. Neither of us realized it until she got to the airport to check in (a kettle who doesn't have the app). Thankfully diamond desk laughed at what I did and got her on a flight.
That's the Delta difference right there. An AA agent would have laughed in her face and charged her full-fare.
Lehava and Flamenguista like this.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jrl767

Does your dog have separation anxiety?
Old Jan 8, 2018, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Does your dog have separation anxiety?
Perhaps, although it is just kind to let sleeping dogs lie.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Perhaps, although it is just kind to let sleeping dogs lie.
I also try to not beat my deceased horse. Common courtesy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.