Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2017, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Zorak
Now sitting at the SC bar. Another pax bellies up and asks "How swat one?" Bartender looks perplexed. "Pardon?" Repeats slowly: "How's... Watt... One." Bartender: "We have a sauv blanc or a chardonnay."
a very long time ago I was part of a Boeing Flight Test team that took a 737 with JT8D-15 engines to what at the time was the hottest spot in the continental U.S. (Brownsville, TX) for takeoff performance testing ... a couple months later we were looking at locations for the same series of tests with the JT8D-17 engine, and determined that BRO was again the site of choice

one of the guys put on his best drawl: "Wal, there's only two fer-sure things in lahf -- death an' Texas ... we's still alive, so this gotta be Texas."
Old Jan 21, 2017, 11:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Don't be ridiculous

Now sitting at the SC bar. Another pax bellies up and asks "How swat one?" Bartender looks perplexed. "Pardon?" Repeats slowly: "How's... Watt... One." Bartender: "We have a sauv blanc or a chardonnay."

LOL, I still would've needed a translator.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 11:20 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by kipper

LOL, I still would've needed a translator.
LOL. I needed a translator to read it, but after figuring it out I'm sure I would've had no problem understanding him say it.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 11:24 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
To be honest, I understood him the first time (although it took me a second) -- the look of confusion on the bartender's face was priceless though
Old Jan 21, 2017, 12:09 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
"How swat one?"
I still have no clue. Wine?

In other news, my son slid the car off the road this morning at about 3:30 am driving home from work. I'm glad I got a call from him, and not from the police with bad news... Another 20' down the road and he would have been in a 10' deep ditch. Anyway, I picked him up and we left the car there 'cause it was stuck good. This morning we got back to it and it had 4" of fresh snow on it. There's probably 8 or 9 inches on the ground. After some off-road antics with a friend's four wheel drive we managed to get the car back on the road. Now I'm in the shop getting new tires on it - keeping the appointment that (coincidentally) I already had for that purpose.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 3:11 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Howste
he was ordering the "house white wine" through a heavy drawl. Must've liked it too, came back for several refills while I was there

Sorry to hear about the vehicular mishap, but glad he's ok!
Old Jan 21, 2017, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by Psyduck1
LOL. I needed a translator to read it, but after figuring it out I'm sure I would've had no problem understanding him say it.

To be honest, I understood him the first time (although it took me a second) -- the look of confusion on the bartender's face was priceless though
I wouldn't have.
Originally Posted by Howste

In other news, my son slid the car off the road this morning at about 3:30 am driving home from work. I'm glad I got a call from him, and not from the police with bad news... Another 20' down the road and he would have been in a 10' deep ditch. Anyway, I picked him up and we left the car there 'cause it was stuck good. This morning we got back to it and it had 4" of fresh snow on it. There's probably 8 or 9 inches on the ground. After some off-road antics with a friend's four wheel drive we managed to get the car back on the road. Now I'm in the shop getting new tires on it - keeping the appointment that (coincidentally) I already had for that purpose.
Glad your son is fine.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Went into DC today to get a new suit. Protestors decided it would be a good idea to stand on the train tracks, and the Metro was hazardous as usual.

It was certainly an adventure.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 5:12 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by WWads
Went into DC today to get a new suit. Protestors decided it would be a good idea to stand on the train tracks, and the Metro was hazardous as usual.

It was certainly an adventure.
I hate these kinds of protestors, regardless of what you're protesting for/against I'll immediately devalue your cause to some degree if you decide to cause disorder, terror, or gridlock.

Ugh.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Look none of you in the lounge speak properly anyway. I am the only one who does not speak with an accent. You lot all speak American.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I think it's difficult to hear an accent in on-screen Lounge-speak
Old Jan 22, 2017, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
I hate these kinds of protestors, regardless of what you're protesting for/against I'll immediately devalue your cause to some degree if you decide to cause disorder, terror, or gridlock.

Ugh.
This. I was in the office for a while yesterday morning, and protesters were blocking traffic.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 7:56 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
At the Sky Club on concourse F in MSP if anyone is around.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 9:24 am

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Psyduck1
At the Sky Club on concourse F in MSP if anyone is around.
Aww.. And yet another DO missed by me.

UGH!
Old Jan 22, 2017, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Aww.. And yet another DO missed by me.

UGH!
I have a 55-minute layover in ATL next Sunday if anyone wants to have a micro-DO

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.