Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2016, 7:02 am

Programs: QMiles,Delta, United, Miles & More, AA, Avis, Hertz, National, SPG, Le Club Accorhotels
Greetings from Taiwan all..... Hope everyone had a pleasent weekend.... Since this is a lounge I would like to ask the lounge lizards their opinion on the DL speciality cocktails... BLue Diamond.. Platinum horizon.. Silver whatever and gold something or rather.... Thumbs up/down? Also I saw a few posts up some comments about ANC.... I am heading up/over there in july with the family.. Any recommendations? Peace love and Oreos!! Karl
Old Apr 25, 2016, 7:32 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by skyrider117
Greetings from Taiwan all.....
Since I will get to say this next week, I'll use it to preface that I'm thrilled to be heading off to Philippines, Taiwan and Japan tomorrow morning. Will be my 10th or so visit to Japan and I finally get to be outside the airport (for three weeks, too!).

Flying on AA miles as I've found they are a LOT easier to use than Delta's. And I'm in J, the only way I travel intercontinentally any more. MCO-ORD segments on AA but westbound on CX and return in five weeks on JL.

^
Old Apr 25, 2016, 12:26 pm

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Originally Posted by skyrider117
Greetings from Taiwan all..... Hope everyone had a pleasent weekend.... Since this is a lounge I would like to ask the lounge lizards their opinion on the DL speciality cocktails... BLue Diamond.. Platinum horizon.. Silver whatever and gold something or rather.... Thumbs up/down? Also I saw a few posts up some comments about ANC.... I am heading up/over there in july with the family.. Any recommendations? Peace love and Oreos!! Karl
Love to share my opinion about Delta's Holeman and finch public house sureρo fruta, a light and refreshing tequila cocktail featuring tequila Avνon but then Delta decided to not load any tequila on their plane.
Ended up drinking their Ca'di Rajo Mito brut 'Champagne'
Old Apr 25, 2016, 1:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by jrl767
someone must have enjoyed the weekend ... aren't those two phrases usually mutually exclusive? (granted she didn't say "Good" morning)
It was decent, although I had an allergic reaction to walnuts yesterday.
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Top of the morning to you.
Afternoon!
Originally Posted by Howste
I tried, but it's so hard to write on a bucket. I suppose any other list pails in comparison.
LOL
Old Apr 25, 2016, 1:30 pm

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by kipper
It was decent, although I had an allergic reaction to walnuts yesterday.

Afternoon!

LOL
Was that allergy kind of nutty?
Old Apr 25, 2016, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Zorak
Speaking of, I just got back from probably my only pure MR this year, just under 8k MQMs @5.7 cpm -- in F was trying to push it to 9k+ and under 5 cpm but would have required SDC to a double connection in both directions and they wouldn't let me do it on my particular G fare.
They should; all F fares are supposed to be equivalent for SDC. No guarantee of seat availability, of course. (And some routings just aren't allowed, but that doesn't depend on the fare.)
Old Apr 25, 2016, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by dzflyer
That's bad.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
That's bad.
I agree
Old Apr 25, 2016, 4:59 pm

That's bad.
I was hoping for mu first groan .....no such luck.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 5:18 pm

That's bad.
In all seriousness I hope you are ok.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 6:30 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Okay I think that awarded you a mega-groan from the queen bee. Unfortunately at the moment though she seems to be mourning for the loss of her lord and savior, Dovster. So, just give her a little time.

Though understandably she was the only women/person in the lounge that missed him

Last edited by TheLifeOfA_NKCM; Apr 25, 2016 at 6:35 pm Reason: Sorry Dovster. I know the feeling.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 1:23 am

I am, other than the residual sleepiness from the Benadryl combined with a lack of sleep.
Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Okay I think that awarded you a mega-groan from the queen bee. Unfortunately at the moment though she seems to be mourning for the loss of her lord and savior, Dovster. So, just give her a little time.

Though understandably she was the only women/person in the lounge that missed him
Old Apr 26, 2016, 5:51 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
The Groaning Kippers sounds like a band name.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 10:26 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I don't know if any of the Loungers are following the thread, but it amuses me that it's 20 pages in and the OP still hasn't managed to figure out how to reply without mangling the quoting.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 3:47 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by Zorak
I don't know if any of the Loungers are following the thread, but it amuses me that it's 20 pages in and the OP still hasn't managed to figure out how to reply without mangling the quoting.
I know exactly what thread you're talking about. It's been driving me nuts! [insert pirate joke here] If I was a moderator I would go in and fix them all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.