Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2014, 4:55 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by NapaPatTours
Yeah, probably not a whole lot of people coming TO DTW from NC on a wintery Friday. We're all looking to leave until May! I'm seriously considering tomorrow's Web Fare Special to RSW for the weekend, but I can't get the GF to bite.
A whopping 30 people on the CR7 tonight (I'm in 3A though drinking beer ) so it sounds like you're right. Sure beats my original flight on UA in Y.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Dovster
When you were born flint was not a city -- it was something that people used to help start fires.
They had already discovered fire when Cholula was born!? :mind blown:
Old Jan 10, 2014, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by baccarat_king
Nice to see you around.

Six hotel chains, that sounds like my SO.

All the best in 2014!

edit to add : I sure know about life changes! I moved to Amsterdam.
AMS seems it would be a nice place to live, like near the Vondelpark - probably warmer than much of the U.S. recently (although I'm now in ELP).

And yes, six hotel chains, almost all on my own dime

PC/IHG Platinum Ambassador
Choice Privileges Platinum
Hyatt Platinum
Marriott Silver
Hilton Silver
Club Carlson Silver

Work contributed a total of 17 nights towards those six status levels (two nights for PC, four nights for Choice, five nights for Hyatt, four for Marriott, and two for Hilton). And yes, Choice Platinum alone requires 20 nights.

When you were born flint was not a city -- it was something that people used to help start fires.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 1:27 am

Location: Charlotte, NC, USA | CLT, formerly LHR & AMS (with just a bit of PSP)
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, BonVoy Titanium, (soon former) Caesars7*, (former) Wynn Black, HR "Icon"
Originally Posted by icurhere2
AMS seems it would be a nice place to live, like near the Vondelpark - probably warmer than much of the U.S. recently (although I'm now in ELP).

And yes, six hotel chains, almost all on my own dime

PC/IHG Platinum Ambassador
Choice Privileges Platinum
Hyatt Platinum
Marriott Silver
Hilton Silver
Club Carlson Silver

Work contributed a total of 17 nights towards those six status levels (two nights for PC, four nights for Choice, five nights for Hyatt, four for Marriott, and two for Hilton). And yes, Choice Platinum alone requires 20 nights.

We live right by an entrance to Vondelpark (in Oud-Zuid), actually (also) very close to the Amsterdam Hilton (in the other direction). I sometimes walk my dog, Mr. Leo in the park. Amazing park.

Yes, weather has been in the 50F +/- range for the past few weeks, it's been lovely (much better than the Boston area).

Lots of hotel statuses here also, some of which, are from our NL Amex Platinum. Almost too much to list. Used 22K/night for the Park Hyatt Paris Vendτme at the beginning of the year. Wanted to use the points before devaluation, and before we drop from Hyatt Diamond Status.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Have rollover MQMs posted for any of you yet?

-J.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 3:09 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by Howste
I'm overnighting in DTW because of the storm. The plane showed up, but the crew timed out.
I just got this email today with 25k SkyPesos, completely unsolicited:

Dear Mr. Howste,

On behalf of Delta Air Lines, I would like to extend my personal apology for the inconvenience you experienced as a result of the cancellation of Flight DL1449 on January 06, 2014.

I am truly sorry your travel was adversely affected by our service failure. Please know that within the industry, we have earned a solid reputation for our commitment to operational integrity. To that end, each flight irregularity is thoroughly reviewed to prevent a similar occurrence. I pledge to you that we are dedicated to providing the safe, reliable transportation you expect and deserve.

We value you as a customer and sincerely appreciate your support of Delta. To demonstrate our commitment to service excellence, as a gesture of apology I am adding 25,000 bonus miles to your SkyMiles account XXXXXXXXXX. Please allow three business days for the miles to appear. If you would like to verify your mileage balance and gain access to all of our mileage redemption programs, you may visit us at www.delta.com/skymiles.

It is our goal to provide exceptional service on every occasion, and I hope you will provide us with an opportunity to restore your confidence. Your support is important to Delta, our Connection carriers and our SkyTeam partners. We look forward to your continued patronage and the privilege of serving your air travel needs again soon.

Sincerely,

Jason Hausner
Director, Customer Care
Old Jan 11, 2014, 3:12 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by jzweighaft

-J.
Nope.
Old Jan 11, 2014, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC

-J.
Not me
Old Jan 11, 2014, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM HH Gold, Marriot Titanium

-J.
Not me either
Old Jan 11, 2014, 5:21 pm

Programs: The Dastardly Quintet.

-J.
Nada...
Old Jan 11, 2014, 5:23 pm

Programs: The Dastardly Quintet.
Their CS is the ONLY reason I still fly DL. They are far above everyone else, IMHO.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 6:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Sounds like my experience when my flight out of DTW was delayed by 6 hours due to a medical emergency forcing them to land somewhere in CA, IIRC. Came home from vacation to find a letter from Delta apologizing and crediting my account with SkyPesos. Unsolicited, but appreciated.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 6:42 am

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by kipper
Sounds like my experience when my flight out of DTW was delayed by 6 hours due to a medical emergency forcing them to land somewhere in CA, IIRC. Came home from vacation to find a letter from Delta apologizing and crediting my account with SkyPesos. Unsolicited, but appreciated.
It definitely is not always appreciated.
Old Jan 12, 2014, 7:36 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
True, but my delay wasn't as long as yours.

Last edited by kipper; Jan 12, 2014 at 8:56 am
Old Jan 12, 2014, 7:37 am

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by kipper
True, but my delay wasn't as long as mine.
Do you want to reword that by any chance?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.