Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2010, 10:35 am

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
FlyerTalk.com getting a mention, in para 4, from Rick Seaney
Old Jul 19, 2010, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Another bump for each of this this a.m. -- another day, another $824 in vouchers. We haven't bought any tickets for domestic trips since last August, we are booked into January (thru the end of WN's schedule), and we are now sitting on ~$1300 vouchers. I am LUVing this.
As you already know, any bookings after January are going to have a nice new restriction on the TTFs - you'll need that spreadsheet to separate your funds from WifeMpls'.

How are you getting to DeltaDo? Flying into BHM and driving to ATL?
Old Jul 19, 2010, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by icurhere2
As you already know, any bookings after January are going to have a nice new restriction on the TTFs - you'll need that spreadsheet to separate your funds from WifeMpls'.

How are you getting to DeltaDo? Flying into BHM** and driving to ATL?
That only applies to tickets, not to vouchers. WifeMpls only flies on companion fares, for which I intend henceforth* to have the taxes refunded to my CC when I cancel one of her itins.

*Have you used henceforth in a sentence today? That is today's assignment for all in the Lounge™: Use the word "henceforth" (optionally translated into a language of your choice) in a complete & coherent* sentence.

*The coherence requirement will be waived in the case of a certain punny senior moderator and anyone else with a good excuse.*

*Tomorrow's assignment will to be to daisy-chain as many footnotes together as humanly (or otherwise) possible.

**Yup. There's more than one way to infiltrate the Aerie of the Wings of Satan.

Last edited by MikeMpls; Jul 19, 2010 at 11:09 am
Old Jul 19, 2010, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by Cholula
Here's some bull though. It's called the Luther Burger and is served in various restaurants around the US.

The "bun" is a Krispy Kreme Donut that has been sliced in half and grilled:

Ok, I eat some weird stuff but I don't even want that.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by WBurcham
If you've met Dov, you'll understand.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 11:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by WBurcham
What is there not to like in it?
Old Jul 19, 2010, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Here's some bull though. It's called the Luther Burger and is served in various restaurants around the US.

I'd eat it, just for the novelty. No encouragement from Dov needed
Old Jul 19, 2010, 11:20 am

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond

There are many things, when I was in Singapore, Korea, Viet Nam and Malaysia, that I ate without knowing what ingredients were in the dish and would eat again. This dish, for some reason, just does not look appetizing. Sickly sweet grease is what comes to mind.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 11:23 am

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by N830MH
Yeah, goodnight to you. See you in late-morning. I will try to sleep more quality time all morning long until I woke up around 11am.
Thank you. Quality sleep is good, and I bet it is hard to get in PHX since it is so hot.

Originally Posted by Italy98
An early morning to The Lounge™, The Mansion™, The Grotto™ and The Boat™.
I was going to ask why you were up so early...then I remembered you live in GVA.

Originally Posted by baccarat_king
But, I thought Israel refused aliyah to Meyer Lansky?
+1

Perhaps because we are in the season known as summer?
We can all agree, regardless of where we live, that summer is the most enjoyable season of all.

Caro ragazzo, per quale motivo uno deve essere limitato a parlare una sola lingua? Non è un paese libero dove ognuno è data la libertà di dire ciò che vogliono, dove vogliono e quando vogliono? Se ci si limitasse a parlare una sola lingua preferirei abbiamo parlato italiano.
Bueno, ya que se habla italiano, no importaría si hablo español. No todo el mundo habla en el mundo de las lenguas que usted lo hace, por lo que debe adaptarse a ellas, en lugar de pensar en ti mismo y tus deseos.

639 days, weeks, months, years????
That is not a real handle.

I have had a BB for over three years and have not had a problem texting with the keyboard, and my OS is current. Maybe, on older model that is no longer supported would have an outdated OS?
Hmm...what cell phone carrier do you have?

Are you the appointed spokesperson for these individuals or is this an assumed position?
I was speaking for not only myself, and anyone else that feels that way.

That looks disgusting.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 11:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
There are many things, when I was in Singapore, Korea, Viet Nam and Malaysia, that I ate without knowing what ingredients were in the dish and would eat again. This dish, for some reason, just does not look appetizing.
Ridiculous. This is a bacon cheeseburger with the added advantage of not making you go through the trouble of having to lift a dessert to your mouth.

It is a combination of culinary excellence and work engineering.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 11:28 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by N639DL
We can all agree, regardless of where we live, that summer is the most enjoyable season of all.
I personally find spring and autumn far more appealing and enjoyable than summer.

I do not know about the first three hens, but henceforth and hencefifth I am adhering to that opinion, no matter how fowl anyone else thinks of it.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 11:36 am

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by Canarsie
I personally find spring and autumn far more appealing and enjoyable than summer.

I do not know about the first three hens, but henceforth and hencefifth I am adhering to that opinion, no matter how fowl anyone else thinks of it.
Well, most of us can agree now.

I do enjoy spring as the snow is going away, warmer weather, etc.

I like the fall for the leaves changing colors, football season, Thanksgiving, etc. I dislike the fact that it is getting colder and that winter is right around the corner.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 11:43 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

I dislike the fact that it is getting colder and that winter is right around the corner.
That is because you live in the northeastern United States.

Here in the Atlanta area, winter is a welcome respite from the summer heat. It does get cold here, and it does snow, but usually there are warm sunny days that break up the winter from being a long, dreary cold season.

The winter weather season is also shorter here. I really like the variety of seasons and would not want to give up the winter season.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Here in the Atlanta area, winter is a welcome respite from the summer heat. It does get cold here, and it does snow, but usually there are warm sunny days that break up the winter from being a long, dreary cold season.
Same with BNA - that's one reason I'm happy to be going to SYD in a few weeks
Old Jul 19, 2010, 11:50 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Not out here in So California. The days frequently get above 100 degrees, there's not a drop of rain or even a cloud for months and the AC bill gets ridiculous.

I much prefer what passes for winter out here...65-75 degrees, partly cloudy and rain maybe once a week or so.

Plus I feel smug when it's below zero with snow and ice up the ying-yang out East.

While we're on the topic of burgers, this one made the Guinness Book as the largest burger ever made. It was prepared in Toronto and weighs a whopping 590 pounds.

Rumor has it that if you can finish it at one sitting that it's free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.