Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Old Oct 10, 2005, 11:16 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Owen
So one can talk about anything civilized here, I guess.

Here's something. The strategy of hoarding for retirement vs burn as you earn in a bankrupt airline.

Anybody know how many hoarded miles really get burned in retirement? Are the vigorous 70 yr olds doing vacations (what is a vacation from retirement, btw?) with their lifetime's accumulation all that numerous?

Okay, why don't I just make a list of questions and we can all frown at and the answers to which no one probably knows.

1) Of all Skymiles members who die, what is the avg mileage account size at time of death? This would tell us how successfully miles are burned in retirement.

2) How many guys who got upgraded to first class hit on an FA, got to know her and married her?

3) What is the average age of a Delta FA?

4) Has anyone invented a package with maybe that blue ice stuff that will hold a sandwich and keep it cold for hours, of a size that fits in a handbag or overcoat pocket and thereby erase the lethality of airport food prices without constituting by itself a carryon piece?

5) What is the average bust size of Delta FAs (excluding males)?

6) Why, as airplane improvements are made, do we hear of fuel efficiency advances and more seats and fancier interiors, but the friggen planes don't go any faster and LAX/ICN takes 11 hrs?

7) Why not hand out earphones in the jetway? Pick them up if you need/want them? The FAs don't need to be dealing with this.
Owen....a pretty provocative and challenging set of questions!!
Welcome to The Lounge, BTW!!
I'm getting ready to jump on a plane to Sin City but want to tackle some of those questions when I get a chance....
Old Oct 10, 2005, 11:42 am
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Originally Posted by upgrader
Darn it, Lehava - and I was hoping a red-hot "flame" like you would be more receptive to my overtures. Guess I'll just have to work on my technique. Let me check with my wife to see what she thinks. (Ouch! That hurts! Stop! Honey, I swear I was just kidding!)
You may want to review the old UCS thread or have a chat with Mikey before thinking I would be receptive to waiting on a man *smile*. I like my men to wait on me thank you *grin*

Thinking your wife will resolve any misconceptions for you just fine *handing you the ice bag for when she gets done with you*

But seriously welcome to the Lounge, there is a great group of people here!!!!!
Old Oct 10, 2005, 11:44 am
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Originally Posted by Owen
So one can talk about anything civilized here, I guess.

Here's something.
Welcome. Seems like some of these Dov has probably already researched *smile*, but a couple of these on efficiency and such might make a good thought for the upcoming chat with the skymiles dude. There is a sticky where you can post questions for that event.

Hey and why cant we get the chest size on the male FA's too
Old Oct 10, 2005, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Folks, I just wanted to share with you the fact that this lounge thread was Canarsie's idea and that he deserves all of the credit for it appearing here. obscure2k and myself merely helped fine tune the introduction and will assist him in our roles as moderator/host of the lounge. Canarsie put a great deal of work and many long hours into this project. ^ ^ ^

Rssrsvp - Moderator
Old Oct 10, 2005, 12:13 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by Rssrsvp
Folks, I just wanted to share with you the fact that this lounge thread was Canarsie's idea and that he deserves all of the credit for it appearing here. obscure2k and myself merely helped fine tune the introduction and will assist him in our roles as moderator/host of the lounge. Canarsie put a great deal of work and many long hours into this project. ^ ^ ^

Rssrsvp - Moderator

RSSRSVP (dang your name is hard to type*smile*) think it was sweet of you to point this out!!! Again thanks Canarsie!!!!!!!
Old Oct 10, 2005, 12:14 pm

Programs: DL DM (where is my Diamond Tiara?)

Rssrsvp - Moderator

And we thank him for that! You rock, Canarsie!
Old Oct 10, 2005, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold

Rssrsvp - Moderator

SSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, RSSRSVP, it is your's and O2K's fault that Canarsie padded his posts by 5 just to get this thread started, eh??

You turned him into a monster
Old Oct 10, 2005, 12:53 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by mikey1003
SSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, RSSRSVP, it is your's and O2K's fault that Canarsie padded his posts by 5 just to get this thread started, eh??

You turned him into a monster
*swatting Mikey* could you let us get through one day on here before you start antagonizing our hosts *smile*. Now apologize to the nice moderators *holding Mikey by the ear* LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Old Oct 10, 2005, 12:56 pm

Programs: DL DM, former NW PE
A couple of lounge questions:

1) Will the lounge be staffed by some of the AF matrons from CDG intent on keeping out the non-Flying Blue riffraff (aka SkyTeam Elite+)?

2) If the electrons involved in a posting travel internationally on the same day, does that make one eligible to use the lounge?

2a) Is Canada considered international for purposes of posting?

2b) If we start posting before midnight of the day when the electrons go whizing overseas, are we ineligible to enter the lounge?

3) Can NW and CO board denizens enter the lounge freely, or do they have to have a same-day post on the DL board? Do you foresee full reciprocity down the road?

4) Any chance that someone could be hired to wear a red coat and stand near the information desk, just to remind us of the "Good Ol' Days"?

Thank you very much for flying Chicago & Southern, Northeast, PanAm, and Western Airlines!
Old Oct 10, 2005, 12:59 pm
In memoriam

Originally Posted by Mill Creek Don

3) Can NW and CO board denizens enter the lounge freely, or do they have to have a same-day post on the DL board? Do you foresee full reciprocity down the road?
LOL!!! Very cute!

As this is currently an "ehancement" offered only on the DL board I believe that reciprocity will first require an alliance which leads to NW/CO boards implementing similar service.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by Mill Creek Don
We'll permit Star Alliance and One World members to enter the lounge, but it will cost them 50k per post. (thats 50 kilobytes, not 50 thousand miles)

And they have to provide their own drinks.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 1:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Lehava
*swatting Mikey* could you let us get through one day on here before you start antagonizing our hosts *smile*. Now apologize to the nice moderators *holding Mikey by the ear* LOLOLOLOLOLOL
First she leads you to believe that I am waiting on her...then she spanks me.

I am not that kind of guy...I dont like pain...

I am a spanker, not a spankee
Old Oct 10, 2005, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
I am a spanker, not a spankee
And welcome to Our Gang, Spankee.

But even if it is "Our Gang", everyone is welcome here. Lounge passes are free, even people like you who fly NWA.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 1:18 pm

BTW, Jungle Jims still has rows and rows of CHOLULA (the sauce) http://junglejims.com/index.cfm?fuse...70D74765C2DAFF
For those who don't kow Jungle Jim's it is worth mentioning that it sometimes seems like they have rows and rows of almost everything!
Old Oct 10, 2005, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Acapulco - Gold, Panama - Red, Timothy Leary 8 Mile High Club
Wow, nice place you got here. Thank you for holding the door, Canarsie. Between the laptop and rollaboard, my hands are full. I'll take a gin and tonic and a seat in the la-z-boy while I fill out the survey. Do I get miles for filling out the survey?

1) Of all Skymiles members who die, what is the avg mileage account size at time of death? This would tell us how successfully miles are burned in retirement.

I'm not dead yet, but I'm working on it.

2) How many guys who got upgraded to first class hit on an FA, got to know her and married her?

Mrs BamaVol was an aspiring ballerina when I met her. That's far better than an FA.

3) What is the average age of a Delta FA?

40 and climbing.

4) Has anyone invented a package with maybe that blue ice stuff that will hold a sandwich and keep it cold for hours, of a size that fits in a handbag or overcoat pocket and thereby erase the lethality of airport food prices without constituting by itself a carryon piece?

I checked into my suite last night (around 1:30 am). There was a fruit and cheese platter growing bacteria on the counter. Probably placed there in the afternoon. Could have used the blue ice.

5) What is the average bust size of Delta FAs (excluding males)?

40 and drooping.

6) Why, as airplane improvements are made, do we hear of fuel efficiency advances and more seats and fancier interiors, but the friggen planes don't go any faster and LAX/ICN takes 11 hrs?

Not to mention the delays.

7) Why not hand out earphones in the jetway? Pick them up if you need/want them? The FAs don't need to be dealing with this.

What else do they have to do?

Can I get a refill over here?

Last edited by BamaVol; Oct 10, 2005 at 1:46 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.