Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2017, 12:07 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Brewing a clone of Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin this afternoon. I'll add chips of grapefruit peel in a couple weeks when I add the dry hops. I've never tried brewing anything with fruit additives before, so I'm curious to see how it comes out. I haven't cracked one yet, but my beer of choice for brew day is Stone Enjoy By 10-31-17.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 12:47 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Brewing a clone of Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin this afternoon. I'll add chips of grapefruit peel in a couple weeks when I add the dry hops. I've never tried brewing anything with fruit additives before, so I'm curious to see how it comes out. I haven't cracked one yet, but my beer of choice for brew day is Stone Enjoy By 10-31-17.
^ I'm sure you would find plenty of volunteer taste testers in the Lounge
Old Oct 22, 2017, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Bengals are about to get destroyed today and I'm sad.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 1:25 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by Zorak
Should be plenty of time for bottle conditioning by the time of the SAT DO in December. Added a photo of the process.
Attached Images  
Old Oct 22, 2017, 1:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Psyduck1
No alcohol on the ground at BOG!! I guess I shouldn't complain at 630 AM, but I am still on vacation.

If this guy doesn't take his feet off my armrest I might tickle them.
I've been told that some people enjoy having their feet tickled by a stranger. In fact, that might be why the feet are on the armrest: it's a subtle invitation that doesn't risk an explicit rejection. Be careful.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 5:21 pm

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by WWads
Bengals are about to get destroyed today and I'm sad.
Andy Dalton should just take the snap, drop back about 5 yards, drop to the ground and curl up in the fetal position.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 6:40 pm

Programs: DL GM/MM
I wonder how many home brewers are here on FT/DL?
Old Oct 22, 2017, 8:56 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jrl767
so that leads me to wonder ... will European breakaway politics (Brexit, Cataluna, etc) perhaps spread to a certain island in Greece? those in favor of retaining the status quo could employ that slogan as they conduct some tactful negative campaigning — dis-Creet con-Crete position arguments
Discreet, dat Crete, discrete — whichever Crete you want.

Do creatures come from Crete?
Originally Posted by davetravels
How do you trim laser claws?!?!?
With laser treatments, of course.
Originally Posted by Psyduck1
No alcohol on the ground at BOG!! I guess I shouldn't complain at 630 AM, but I am still on vacation.

If this guy doesn't take his feet off my armrest I might tickle them.
Originally Posted by Dovster
"Accidentally" spilling hot coffee on them is much more effective.
Then that means that there will be coffee rather than alcohol on the ground in Bogota.
Originally Posted by Pharaoh
I wonder how many home brewers are here on FT/DL?
Find out who lives in Milwaukee and enjoys baseball.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 11:17 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
Originally Posted by manacit
SFO-JFK tonight.. I guess the SFO Club doesn't have Pho anymore? . That was always a nice treat

It's back! I didn't see it last week, but tonight there's fresh Pho ready to eat. It's a small thing, but it's probably my favorite SkyClub offering that I've had
Old Oct 23, 2017, 5:28 am

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Find out who lives in Milwaukee and enjoys baseball.
Groan!
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Then that means that there will be coffee rather than alcohol on the ground in Bogota.
as usual, the puns here in the Lounge are on shaky grounds
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by Zorak
That bet is as sure as saying the Pope has a balcony.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 7:15 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
The idiot in the PreCheck lane this morning would be me. On my flight in to BWI ~2 weeks ago I took an unopened mini-Dasani with me and zipped it into the side pocket of my backpack, where I then forgot about it until this morning when my bag got pulled for a bag check

I also tripped the random secondary, said I wanted to opt out of the imaging, and got the most perfunctory pat-down I've ever had -- TSA agent just swiped my groinal area with the back of his hands (standing right there in the line) and that was it. Even with the "pat-down" I would have made it through faster than my bags were screened, except for the bottle of water above.

Sitting in the PP shoebox lounge (which is surprisingly uncrowded today). Had planned on staying here and #teamboardlast on the CRJ but might go out wandering to see where DL8965 is boarding from and gauge what's going on.

EDIT: meant to add, BWI-JFK-SFO today with a near-4hr layover, if anyone wants to meet up...

EDIT #2: hooray, I got the "upgrade" GA called me up to ask if I really wanted it (she agreed that it's humorous ). 1C was available, so sure, I'll take infinite legroom for one leg.

Last edited by Zorak; Oct 23, 2017 at 8:22 am
Old Oct 23, 2017, 11:57 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by synergistic
In one of my fantasy football leagues, I'm leading in points for the season. Unfortunately, I'm also leading in points against me by over 100 points, and it looks like I'm going to fall to tenth place this week. Le sigh!
I’m the opposite. I’ll have a 5-2 record after tonight and I have scored the 2nd least amount of points in the league.
I have had the least amount scored against me by a huge margin.
I am the cooler of the fantasy football world!

Last edited by apodo77; Oct 25, 2017 at 9:00 am
Old Oct 23, 2017, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Should be plenty of time for bottle conditioning by the time of the SAT DO in December. Added a photo of the process.
While I had to give up planning it, I'm glad that will ve able to at least attend. Looking forward to finally putting faces to names.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.