Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Old May 22, 2017, 5:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by bergamini
I am accident prone. I need to be as far away from any firearms as possible!

Have been buying A fares from MKE for work trips but this week no time to drive the 75 minutes there So bought a K fare out of my home in airport (MSN) that was actually more. Needless to say I didn't get upgraded (11 out of 53) on MSN>ATL this AM and the guy next to me is too big to get the armrest to go down. I'm like willing to just hunker down and power through but of course the old MD88 has a hydraulic issue so we are stuck here and I'm contemplating the meaning of life as I sit at an angle to make us fit in D/E side. I'm not a morning person.
Drink more coffee.
Old May 22, 2017, 5:20 am

Note to self... do not nap while watching something about the CIA and bombings. I had some weird dreams...
Old May 22, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Was just on 2919 DFW-ATL. Pretty sure I just experienced my first lightning strike consisting of a flash and a bump. First thoughts, "Wow, that was uneventful".
Old May 22, 2017, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by kipper
Note to self... do not nap while watching something about the CIA and bombings. I had some weird dreams...
Kipper, femme fatale & master markswoman of Sealette Team Six, singlehandedly saves western civilization.

And then she awakes.
Old May 22, 2017, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
That feeling when an IRROPS reroute yields full-fare F MQMs.

Ok, is it just me, or has the lounge thread become unacceptably slow and buggy? I vote that anything older than a year be deleted. This is the only thread that gives me problems.

Last edited by Canarsie; May 22, 2017 at 6:34 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old May 22, 2017, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by WWads
That feeling when an IRROPS reroute yields full-fare F MQMs.
there's always the chance that they will claw some of it back ...

Ok, is it just me, or has the lounge thread become unacceptably slow and buggy? I vote that anything older than a year be deleted. This is the only thread that gives me problems.
I think it's just you
Old May 22, 2017, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jrl767
there's always the chance that they will claw some of it back ...

I think it's just you
Hasn't happened yet.

On all of my devices though? I suppose Safari is the common thread.
Old May 22, 2017, 5:55 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I regularly notice a long delay between clicking Submit on a reply and when the following page starts loading. It seems correlated with the size of the thread (eg huge long running OMNI threads have this issue too ).

Oddly, however, this does not seem to happen 100% of the time.

EDIT: case in point, this reply originally zipped right through, had the updated thread page in seconds. But then I clicked Edit in order to add these remarks, and the loading indicator spun and spun for a long time before finally coming back with the edit page.
Old May 22, 2017, 6:40 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

I had been thinking about locking this discussion after the magic 100,000 and starting a new one.

Larger discussions tend to be buggy with this version of the vBulletin bulletin board software which powers FlyerTalk.
Old May 22, 2017, 6:45 pm

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Canarsie
I had been thinking about locking this discussion after the magic 100,000 and starting a new one.

Larger discussions tend to be buggy with this version of the vBulletin bulletin board software which powers FlyerTalk.
^ although I propose that Lounge 2.0 be given a different name, perhaps not including the word Lounge, so that we get fewer questions about Sky Club access
Old May 22, 2017, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Don't want to go to OMNI.

I am OK -still not heard from some of my family. I leave on Thursday for Manchester England. My heart goes out to all those who have lost loved ones.

I would go from the airport through Manchester Oxford Road rather than Manchester Victoria.
Old May 22, 2017, 8:18 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
I am OK -still not heard from some of my family. I leave on Thursday for Manchester England. My heart goes out to all those who have lost loved ones.
Wishing the best for all your family and friends back in Manchester.
Old May 22, 2017, 8:32 pm

Terrible news

Hope your friends and family are safe.
Old May 23, 2017, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Kipper, femme fatale & master markswoman of Sealette Team Six, singlehandedly saves western civilization.

And then she awakes.
LOL, basically, yes.
Originally Posted by mattp1987
Wishing the best for all your family and friends back in Manchester.
Same here.
Old May 23, 2017, 7:42 am

Wow, people are nice in the DL forum...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.