Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2010, 8:17 am

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by Canarsie
In Road Warrior Training, we were taught to feel things with the backs of our hands in case what we were feeling was too hot to touch with any other parts of our hands.

I’m just sayin’...
That does explain why Gargoyle was all handsy during the BE Meal service...
Old Sep 30, 2010, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Greetings from STL terminal 2 where I am returning to a surprise visit to my mother in Smelly Wood River, IL, on her 80th birthday.

The last two returns through the TSA checkpoint here have been amazingly efficient & pleasant, in contrast to the previous 3 encounters. I wonder if they read my posts describing TSA @ STL as a hellhole where the schoolyard bullies escaped from the playground?

Originally Posted by Canarsie
In Road Warrior Training, we were taught to feel things with the backs of our hands in case what we were feeling was too hot to touch with any other parts of our hands.

I’m just sayin’...
I'd rather not picture Dovster after reading that.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 8:32 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Dia, SPG Gold, MR Plat, Hertz PC
Good morning from my IPICS class. Sitting in lecture (have to sit through the class so my company can keep selling the stuff, don't really need to be here for any other reason).
Old Sep 30, 2010, 8:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by scoow
Not a chance. FT is all about travel, something most prisons "discourage". I'm sure FT would be blocked on the library computers.
Do we know that TripAdvisor is blocked by prisons? I've always imagined that many of their reviews are written by prisoners with lots of time on their hands who have never stayed in a real hotel.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 8:46 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by DevilDog438
Good morning from my IPICS class. Sitting in lecture (have to sit through the class so my company can keep selling the stuff, don't really need to be here for any other reason).
What's IPICS? I hope your employer is paying you for this as well as paying for a nice hotel, etc.

Learning (or not) computer stuff IMO requires a nice steak dinner with good wine and for best results, a big suite with lounge access.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Sep 30, 2010 at 9:00 am Reason: added last sentence
Old Sep 30, 2010, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by Vuelos
Nanny? thanks.
I think it's fitting and quite apt for you.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What's IPICS? I hope your employer is paying you for this as well as paying for a nice hotel, etc.
Cisco IP Interoperability and Collaboration System, a system that, at a simplistic level, allows people on disparate radio systems to talk to one another (e.g., a user with a VHF radio could talk to a user with a UHF radio, which they cannot normally do). It is commonly used in public safety environments to allow people from different public safety departments to talk to one another on a large scale incident, without having to create a specific communications command center. The old way of doing things required a comms center, with dispatchers monitoring radios and talking to command officers face-to-face in order to transmit information from one department to the other.

Since this is company-mandated training, in order to keep a corporate certification within our partnership with Cisco, yes, the company is paying for the class and travel.
Learning (or not) computer stuff IMO requires a nice steak dinner with good wine and for best results, a big suite with lounge access.
I agree (with all but the wine portion, since I don't drink), I have already been to both Gibson's and the Capitol Grille this week. Did not get a suite or lounge access (DT O'Hare).

Last edited by DevilDog438; Sep 30, 2010 at 9:04 am Reason: Added response to MSPeconomist's added sentence
Old Sep 30, 2010, 9:56 am

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
This morning, the marquis de Sade indicated that mid-October should be the last of my PT sessions at his hands, however, I will continue to do the various routines at home. Now to select a wall where I can screw in a couple of large hooks for the band exercises.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by Italy98
This morning, the marquis de Sade indicated that mid-October should be the last of my PT sessions at his hands, however, I will continue to do the various routines at home. Now to select a wall where I can screw in a couple of large hooks for the band exercises.
I understand that there are other creative uses of such equipment.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 10:01 am

I understand that there are other creative uses of such equipment.
Isn't this why four-post beds were created???
Old Sep 30, 2010, 11:30 am

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by mersk862
Nah. Not my thing. WesinSpace however....

(oh wait, that's French Maid...)
Old Sep 30, 2010, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by Traveller
I misread this thread.... though it was titled Dov using the lav
That would be an interesting thread to read.....

Originally Posted by mersk862
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I am beyond ready for Friday...and June 15th.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 12:51 pm

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by N639DL
That would be an interesting thread to read.....
I am beginning to worry about your hobbies.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by Dovster
I would never have seen our young grasshopper as one who would like to watch you in the lav. I learn new things about the grasshopper's proclivities daily. However, he does seem to swap between proclivities quickly. Yesterday he was excited to meet my mother (who will be in Boston late October) and today he's into you...
Old Sep 30, 2010, 1:45 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by Dovster
Worry about yourself, not me.

Originally Posted by Vuelos
I would never have seen our young grasshopper as one who would like to watch you in the lav. I learn new things about the grasshopper's proclivities daily. However, he does seem to swap between proclivities quickly. Yesterday he was excited to meet my mother (who will be in Boston late October) and today he's into you...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.