Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

The Delta Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! 2005-2018

Old Oct 10, 2005, 10:12 am
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Anyone but me feel a little weird

being back here (happy but weird)???? Still waiting for someone to come along and point out how off topic we are and to reprimand us *looking around waiting for someone to jump out and yell...april fool's on the new thread*
Old Oct 10, 2005, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Like CTM, I wanted in on the first page.

Talk about post padding canarsie padded 5 posts just to get through the opening. What burearocracy!!! Worse than an Italian concrete pour.

But, this is great.

BTW, Jungle Jims still has rows and rows of CHOLULA (the sauce) http://junglejims.com/index.cfm?fuse...70D74765C2DAFF

Last edited by mikey1003; Oct 10, 2005 at 10:21 am
Old Oct 10, 2005, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by DLfan
I nominate Kentucky Ale for a place on tap and Glenfiddach 18-year old single malt
Don't mention the 18-year old singles; it's been peaceful here so far, but you're going to lure Dovster in with such careless posts.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lehava
being back here (happy but weird)???? Still waiting for someone to come along and point out how off topic we are and to reprimand us *looking around waiting for someone to jump out and yell...april fool's on the new thread*

You are weird
Old Oct 10, 2005, 10:19 am
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
Originally Posted by mikey1003
Like CTM, I wanted in on the first page.

Talk about post padding canarsie padded 5 posts just to get through the opening. What beurocracy!!! Worse than an Itallian concrete pour.
But I beat Mikey and that was alllll that mattered *smile* Ok so yes I watched all morning just to do that (sad huh).

He's your responsiblity now Canarsie...and YES he did eat the feather and rubber ball *grin*

Last edited by Lehava; Oct 10, 2005 at 10:21 am
Old Oct 10, 2005, 10:20 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
Don't mention the 18-year old singles; it's been peaceful here so far, but you're going to lure Dovster in with such careless posts.
Rumor has it that he prefers blends, but I'm sure would enjoy either if someone else was buying.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 10:39 am

Thanks to the Moderators for setting up the Delta Lounge. Although most (but not all) of my Delta Forum posts were in UCS, I will return to the Lounge to converse with friends I made through that memorable thread. And Cholula Hot Sauce will be back at the Wisconsin State Fair in 2006. ^ ^
Old Oct 10, 2005, 10:49 am

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
Great idea. However, Canarsie, could you go into MORE detail in several future posts about this site?
Old Oct 10, 2005, 10:52 am

What kind of a lounge is this? I ordered drinks from the gorgeous brunette next to the bar (obviously a DL employee, right?) and after responding with a "You've got to be kidding, buddy." she still hasn't got my single malt. Should I try another beautiful woman or am I doing something else wrong?
Old Oct 10, 2005, 10:57 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by atl runner
Great idea. However, Canarsie, could you go into MORE detail in several future posts about this site?

Welcome to The Lounge, atl runner!!
We gave Canarsie a razz or two about the intro when it was discussed a couple weeks ago.
But quite honestly, I think he did a very creative job in setting up the mood.
I can almost taste the Foie Gras and the Dom Perignon .....
Now if whoever is hogging the tanning booth would vacate, I'd be a happy camper. I've been waiting for a couple hours.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 10:58 am
In memoriam

Originally Posted by upgrader
What kind of a lounge is this? I ordered drinks from the gorgeous brunette next to the bar (obviously a DL employee, right?) and after responding with a "You've got to be kidding, buddy." she still hasn't got my single malt. Should I try another beautiful woman or am I doing something else wrong?

Go with choice B *smile* There will be no women waiting on men in this lounge *grin*
Old Oct 10, 2005, 10:59 am

Programs: GM, Marriott Silver, Hertz Gold
So one can talk about anything civilized here, I guess.

Here's something. The strategy of hoarding for retirement vs burn as you earn in a bankrupt airline.

Anybody know how many hoarded miles really get burned in retirement? Are the vigorous 70 yr olds doing vacations (what is a vacation from retirement, btw?) with their lifetime's accumulation all that numerous?

Okay, why don't I just make a list of questions and we can all frown at and the answers to which no one probably knows.

1) Of all Skymiles members who die, what is the avg mileage account size at time of death? This would tell us how successfully miles are burned in retirement.

2) How many guys who got upgraded to first class hit on an FA, got to know her and married her?

3) What is the average age of a Delta FA?

4) Has anyone invented a package with maybe that blue ice stuff that will hold a sandwich and keep it cold for hours, of a size that fits in a handbag or overcoat pocket and thereby erase the lethality of airport food prices without constituting by itself a carryon piece?

5) What is the average bust size of Delta FAs (excluding males)?

6) Why, as airplane improvements are made, do we hear of fuel efficiency advances and more seats and fancier interiors, but the friggen planes don't go any faster and LAX/ICN takes 11 hrs?

7) Why not hand out earphones in the jetway? Pick them up if you need/want them? The FAs don't need to be dealing with this.
Old Oct 10, 2005, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cholula
I can almost taste the Foie Gras and the Dom Perignon .....
:
Did you say FAUX GRASS and Walter Pidgeon??

Does that go well with CTS??
Old Oct 10, 2005, 11:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by Owen

How many guys who got upgraded to first class hit on an FA, got to know her and married her?
Okay, let's take that step by step:

How many guys

I can only talk about myself.

who got upgraded to first class

I am not allowed in first class, even if I pay for it. They tell me that my very appearance there would automatically make it low class.

hit on an FA

I do that constantly, but in Y.

got to know her

This is not the Religious Travel Forum, so please refrain from using Biblical terminology.

and married her?

Wash your mouth!
Old Oct 10, 2005, 11:15 am

Darn it, Lehava - and I was hoping a red-hot "flame" like you would be more receptive to my overtures. Guess I'll just have to work on my technique. Let me check with my wife to see what she thinks. (Ouch! That hurts! Stop! Honey, I swear I was just kidding!)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.