Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Earning Medallion Qualification Miles on Alaska Airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earning Medallion Qualification Miles on Alaska Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2005, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Alaska Miles = 50% MQM's?

I just got a posting on an Alaska flight I took on Jan 4 - I thought 100% of the miles were allocated to MQM but I see it is only 50%.
Old Jan 17, 2005, 1:21 pm

Programs: DL, SPG (Gold)
Originally Posted by danray
I just got a posting on an Alaska flight I took on Jan 4 - I thought 100% of the miles were allocated to MQM but I see it is only 50%.
That doesn't seem right based on the MQM calculation chart at www.delta.com.

According to it, Alaska Airlines coach fare classes (Y, S, B, M, H, Q, L, V, K, G, T) earn 1 MQM per mile flown based on a 500-mile minimum (i.e. a minimum of 500 MQMs per segment).

Then again, according to that chart....only Delta coded flights opperated by Continental still only give 50% MQMs when traveling on LUT fares, while all non-coded Continental "discounted" coach fares earn 100% MQMs.

Go figure.

A.J.

Last edited by Bulldog King; Jan 17, 2005 at 1:26 pm
Old Jan 18, 2005, 3:18 am
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by danray
I would contact Skymiles Service Center (email them on the web) because based on their chart, Y, S, B, M, H, Q, L, V, K, G, T Fares on Alaska all earn 1 MQM per 1 mile flown. Maybe during the first week of Jan, the system was not fully upgraded to the new rule yet. I am sure Skymiles Service Center will readjust it for you.
Old May 13, 2005, 7:17 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
MQMs on Alaska Air??

Everything I read leads me to believe that a SM member gets MQMs for flying on an AS flight, not a DL codeshare. Right?

It is amazing that most SMS folks have no clue about this. Assuming that I AM right about earning MQMs on Alaska flights...
Old May 14, 2005, 10:36 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold
AS Flights do get MQM credit

01 May 2005 Alaska Airlines Flight 575 from San Diego, CA to Seattle, WA (Y) 1050 0 1050 1050

AS Flights do get MQM credit, although they take at least a week to post to your account. I flew the above flight 2 weeks ago. My return segment hasn't posted yet.
Old May 14, 2005, 12:55 pm

I know that we are supposed to get AS MQMs but it amazes me just a little that many SMS people do not believe this until you point them to the page... even then they are disbelieving... "Alaska is not a SkyTeam member so I do not believe you get MQMs unless it is a DL codeshare."

Granted, I think AS is unique in allowing us MQMs without being a ST member!
Old May 16, 2005, 3:46 am

Location: Mesa, AZ., USA, DL Gold,CRC,WN whatever,AA nobody,HHonors Diamond,Starwood Gold, could careless about Rental Car Co's.
AS MQM earning power is awesome to enahnce DL's west coast service. This is a true enhancemnet.!
Old May 16, 2005, 8:31 am

Well, given that I would earn MQMs and save hours of travel via a connecting flight, I took Alaska's #25 BOS-SEA on Saturday AM, paid FC (but very reasonable @ $590. A 737-900, IFE consisted of a DVD player that had prestored about 10 movies, on demand with start, stop and pause functions.Excellent breakfast with choice of two hot entrees. FAs gave fairly attentive service.

If you are a lounge lizard, in BOS AS allows the use of the US Air's club as they leave out of terminal B. The Board Room in SEA was nothing special... I do not believe that alcoholic beverages were offered.

Overall, having AS and Horizon flights essentially part of ST even if not officially is excellent.
Old May 16, 2005, 11:45 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
Originally Posted by RobertS975
If you are a lounge lizard, in BOS AS allows the use of the US Air's club as they leave out of terminal B. The Board Room in SEA was nothing special... I do not believe that alcoholic beverages were offered.
The AS Board Room at SEA has free beer, wine, and vodka drinks, with an extra charge for "premium" beer and mixed drinks other than vodka. The "bar" is on the 2nd level, Board Room staff serve free beer and wine on the first level. I spend several hours a week here and have found this to be a very pleasant lounge except when it's crowded during holidays.
Old May 21, 2005, 12:12 pm

Well, it has been 7 days sonce my Alaska flight, and still no sign of the MQMs.
How long does the mileage credit actually take from anyone's actual experience?
Old May 23, 2005, 2:55 pm

MQMs posted today, May 23, for AS flights taken on May 14 and May 15. Class of service bonus and standard medallion bonus miles also posted. So essentially, AS and Horizon flights are the same as any ST carrier even though Alaska is not a member of ST (yet).
Old May 23, 2005, 3:31 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
That's faster than some AS flights post in their own plan!
Old Aug 22, 2005, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
MQM's with Alaska question.

Am I correct in assuming that you will only receive MQM's traveling on Alaska Airlines-coded flights operated by Alaska Airlines or DL?

I have a tentative itinerary which is as follows:

Alaska Airlines # 1043 Operated by: AMERICAN -- AA 269
New York John F Kennedy Intl (JFK) to Seattle/Tacoma Intl (SEA)
Departure (JFK): 5:45 PM EDT (evening)
Arrival (SEA): 8:54 PM PDT (evening)
Class: Economy

Alaska Airlines # 477
Seattle/Tacoma Intl (SEA) to Spokane International (GEG)
Departure (SEA): 10:10 PM PDT (evening)
Arrival (GEG): 11:05 PM PDT (evening)

Alaska Airlines # 2327 Operated by: HORIZON AIR
Spokane International (GEG) to Seattle/Tacoma Intl (SEA)
Departure (GEG): 10:30 AM PDT (morning)
Arrival (SEA): 11:31 AM PDT (morning)

Alaska Airlines # 14
Seattle/Tacoma Intl (SEA) to Newark Liberty Int'l (EWR)
Departure (SEA): 1:10 PM PDT (afternoon)
Arrival (EWR): 9:21 PM EDT (evening)

Will I only receive MQM's for flights 477 & 14?
Old Aug 22, 2005, 10:33 pm

Has to be either Alaska or Horizon metal.
Old Aug 22, 2005, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Rssrsvp
Departure (JFK): 5:45 PM EDT (evening)
Do they really put "evening" after the 5:45 PM EDT part?

By the way, I highly recommend the Hilton Garden Inn at GEG airport. It is pretty new and quite nice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.