Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 10, 2014, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bakrgby
All,

A wikipost seemed to be useful for this thread to help FTers find the most current infomation regarding DL's Status Match Challenge.

SKYMILES MEDALLION® STATUS MATCH CHALLENGE

Official Delta Site and Sign-Up

Status Match Period:
90 Days

MQM/MQS Qualifying Flights must be flown on Delta, Delta Connection or Partner Flights:
In order to extend your Medallion status after the 90 days, you'll need to earn a specific number of Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) within the 90 days of enrolling by flying Delta or Delta Connection®, and partner airlines.

Comparable Status:
  • DL Silver Medallion (FO) - AA Gold; UA Premier Silver; AS MVP
  • DL Gold Medallion (GM) - AA Platinum; UA Premier Gold; AS MVP Gold
  • DL Platinum Medallion (PM) - AA Executive Platinum; UA 1K; AS MVP Gold 75K
  • DL Diamond Medallion (DM) - DL does not typically match to DM.
    From dl.com: If you have status with another airline not listed above, you may still be eligible for this challenge. Please submit your information below to confirm eligibility.

MQM / MQS Requirement:
  • FO: 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs and $750MQD or MQD waiver
  • GM: 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs and $1500MQD or MQD waiver
  • PM: 18,750 MQMs or 25 MQSs and $2250MQD or MQD waiver
"MQMs/MQSs/MQDs earned through other sources, including but not limited to SkyMiles Credit Cards, do not count towards the challenge."

Criteria for Participation:
  • Member has not received a status match or complimentary Medallion status in the past three years
  • Is currently a non-Medallion member
  • Must present valid and current elite credential or statement showing elite status from another airline
  • Status being matched must be earned and not complementary.

Other Notes from dl.com:
  • A physical Medallion membership card will not be issued for the 90-day qualification period. You may enjoy Medallion benefits on Delta or Delta Connection by providing your SkyMiles number when making reservations or at check-in. You can also access your Membership Card through the Fly Delta app. During the 90-day period, you will not have access to all reciprocal Medallion benefits with Delta's partner airlines, including access to SkyTeam® lounges.
  • Members who are matched to Platinum Medallion status will not be eligible for Choice Benefits until the flight requirement to maintain Platinum Medallion status is met.
  • Through this offer, you may maintain the same or lower Medallion status level as your matched status. If you are matched to Silver Medallion status, you will not be able to earn Gold Medallion status through this offer, even if you will fly more than 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs during the offer period. But if you have been matched to Gold Medallion status and you only fly 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs, you will earn Silver Medallion status. Your Medallion status will be returned to non-Medallion status if you are unable to complete the minimum flight requirement before the end of the 90-day period.
  • Medallion status match is only offered for Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion levels.

When to request:
  • Requests from 1/1 - 6/30 will receive status through 1/31 of the following year.
  • Requests from 7/1 - 12/31 will receive status through 1/31 of the second year.

Corporate accounts:
Depending on your company's agreement with Delta, you may have different qualification requirements and/or an alternate method of requesting a status match or challenge. Check your company's intranet or travel manager.

Current Processing Time:
4-5 days as of July 31st 2022
Print Wikipost

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by TomMM

Also, you don’t get upgrade certs on a status match.
Ah. Good to know. So I guess I should avoid the Delta One transcon routes then.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Once you meet the match requirements you can select your benefits.
Syzygies likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 7:44 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, ITA Executive, HH Silver, IHG Silver
I'm considering applying for a status match. The Wiki on this thread says:
During the 90-day period, you will not have access to all reciprocal Medallion benefits with Delta's partner airlines, including access to SkyTeam® lounges.
However, I was not able to find this sentence in the T&C on the match website itself. Does anyone have any experience with using the temporary status to gain lounge access with Skyteam partners?
Old Jan 31, 2018, 5:22 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Delta matched my AA Platinum status to DL Gold. I tried this a year ago but was told because I was a current Delta Silver no challenges were available to me. This year despite still being DL Silver they matched me to Gold. Usual requirements of 12,500 MQM or 15 MQS and $1,500 MQD in three months. Shouldn't be too difficult.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 11:09 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by CMK10
Delta matched my AA Platinum status to DL Gold. I tried this a year ago but was told because I was a current Delta Silver no challenges were available to me. This year despite still being DL Silver they matched me to Gold. Usual requirements of 12,500 MQM or 15 MQS and $1,500 MQD in three months. Shouldn't be too difficult.
How long did it take to approve your match, once you contacted DL? I have a Skyteam trip coming up in August and want to match over from AA. The wiki doesn't indicate if it's immediate, or if, like AA, you get to choose your start date.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Gig103
How long did it take to approve your match, once you contacted DL? I have a Skyteam trip coming up in August and want to match over from AA. The wiki doesn't indicate if it's immediate, or if, like AA, you get to choose your start date.
It starts when you are approved (3-15 or so days after you submit). You do not select when you start.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 2:42 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Gig103
Originally Posted by Adam1222
It starts when you are approved (3-15 or so days after you submit). You do not select when you start.
I sent in my application on January 16 and they contacted me on January 30 telling me the status challenge would be effective January 31.
Old Feb 9, 2018, 5:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by XmaX
I'm considering applying for a status match. The Wiki on this thread says:

However, I was not able to find this sentence in the T&C on the match website itself. Does anyone have any experience with using the temporary status to gain lounge access with Skyteam partners?
There used to be an asterisk footnote that the wiki repeats, but since the website changed with the MQD requirement on 1 Jan, you are right that it doesn't explicitly omit SkyTeam Elite / Elite Plus any more. Or not that I can see.

I am currently on a challenge to match Gold and my boarding pass has SkyTeam Elite Plus and I got entry into Sydney SkyTeam lounge without question. So perhaps the T&Cs have changed.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 10:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
Originally Posted by Adam1222
😡😡 I applied about a month ago and have not been extended the courtesy of a reply. I was a charter Diamond but have flown less the past couple years and have finally sunk to using my lifetime FO as a1MM. I have several trips this year and was hoping to match with my UA Plat. Oh well, UA 1K here I come!
Old Feb 12, 2018, 6:08 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by In2ishn

😡😡 I applied about a month ago and have not been extended the courtesy of a reply. I was a charter Diamond but have flown less the past couple years and have finally sunk to using my lifetime FO as a1MM. I have several trips this year and was hoping to match with my UA Plat. Oh well, UA 1K here I come!
Have you reached out via Twitter?
Old Feb 12, 2018, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by In2ishn

���� I applied about a month ago and have not been extended the courtesy of a reply. I was a charter Diamond but have flown less the past couple years and have finally sunk to using my lifetime FO as a1MM. I have several trips this year and was hoping to match with my UA Plat. Oh well, UA 1K here I come!
If you applied a month ago, it would have still been during the 2017 program year. If you still had some sort of earned status for 2017, that would have disqualified you. Was your UA Plat status via a match from DL or did you fully earn the UA status. They won't match unless you fully earned the UA Plat status according to the T&C's.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 8:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott T
While you are on Platinum challenge, how is your upgrade priority calculated, based on your being Platinum or your base status? Sorry if it was answered earlier.

I am currently gold but on platinum challenge, while flying on SJC – ATL route with W fare class, I am consistently in the middle of the pack with dozen plus people ahead of me on the list, can't imagine there being that many Diamonds on the flight.

Last edited by bdhaliwa; Feb 17, 2018 at 10:26 am
Old Feb 17, 2018, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bdhaliwa
While you are on Platinum challenge, how is your upgrade priority calculated, based on your being Platinum or your base status? Sorry if it was answered earlier.

I am currently gold but on platinum challenge, while applying on SJC – ATL route on W fare class, I am consistently in the middle of the pack with dozen plus people ahead of me on the list, can't imagine there being that many Diamonds on the flight.
Why would you assume this? Silicone Valley to Atlanta (DL Hub)...
Old Feb 17, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott T
[QUOTE=FlightNurse;29427573]Why would you assume this? Silicone Valley to Atlanta (DL Hub)...[/QUO

When I was AA Plat on SJC-DFW, I was never more than 3-6 on the UG list, with DL I am never in single digits. It could be that SV has lot more DL Diamonds than AA EXP's.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[QUOTE=bdhaliwa;29427651]
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Why would you assume this? Silicone Valley to Atlanta (DL Hub)...[/QUO

When I was AA Plat on SJC-DFW, I was never more than 3-6 on the UG list, with DL I am never in single digits. It could be that SV has lot more DL Diamonds than AA EXP's.
Well, there are definitely a lot of DM's on the ATL end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.