Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 10, 2014, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bakrgby
All,

A wikipost seemed to be useful for this thread to help FTers find the most current infomation regarding DL's Status Match Challenge.

SKYMILES MEDALLION® STATUS MATCH CHALLENGE

Official Delta Site and Sign-Up

Status Match Period:
90 Days

MQM/MQS Qualifying Flights must be flown on Delta, Delta Connection or Partner Flights:
In order to extend your Medallion status after the 90 days, you'll need to earn a specific number of Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) within the 90 days of enrolling by flying Delta or Delta Connection®, and partner airlines.

Comparable Status:
  • DL Silver Medallion (FO) - AA Gold; UA Premier Silver; AS MVP
  • DL Gold Medallion (GM) - AA Platinum; UA Premier Gold; AS MVP Gold
  • DL Platinum Medallion (PM) - AA Executive Platinum; UA 1K; AS MVP Gold 75K
  • DL Diamond Medallion (DM) - DL does not typically match to DM.
    From dl.com: If you have status with another airline not listed above, you may still be eligible for this challenge. Please submit your information below to confirm eligibility.

MQM / MQS Requirement:
  • FO: 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs and $750MQD or MQD waiver
  • GM: 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs and $1500MQD or MQD waiver
  • PM: 18,750 MQMs or 25 MQSs and $2250MQD or MQD waiver
"MQMs/MQSs/MQDs earned through other sources, including but not limited to SkyMiles Credit Cards, do not count towards the challenge."

Criteria for Participation:
  • Member has not received a status match or complimentary Medallion status in the past three years
  • Is currently a non-Medallion member
  • Must present valid and current elite credential or statement showing elite status from another airline
  • Status being matched must be earned and not complementary.

Other Notes from dl.com:
  • A physical Medallion membership card will not be issued for the 90-day qualification period. You may enjoy Medallion benefits on Delta or Delta Connection by providing your SkyMiles number when making reservations or at check-in. You can also access your Membership Card through the Fly Delta app. During the 90-day period, you will not have access to all reciprocal Medallion benefits with Delta's partner airlines, including access to SkyTeam® lounges.
  • Members who are matched to Platinum Medallion status will not be eligible for Choice Benefits until the flight requirement to maintain Platinum Medallion status is met.
  • Through this offer, you may maintain the same or lower Medallion status level as your matched status. If you are matched to Silver Medallion status, you will not be able to earn Gold Medallion status through this offer, even if you will fly more than 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs during the offer period. But if you have been matched to Gold Medallion status and you only fly 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs, you will earn Silver Medallion status. Your Medallion status will be returned to non-Medallion status if you are unable to complete the minimum flight requirement before the end of the 90-day period.
  • Medallion status match is only offered for Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion levels.

When to request:
  • Requests from 1/1 - 6/30 will receive status through 1/31 of the following year.
  • Requests from 7/1 - 12/31 will receive status through 1/31 of the second year.

Corporate accounts:
Depending on your company's agreement with Delta, you may have different qualification requirements and/or an alternate method of requesting a status match or challenge. Check your company's intranet or travel manager.

Current Processing Time:
4-5 days as of July 31st 2022
Print Wikipost

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, National EE
I applied on June 29 and just got mine a few minutes ago. Hoping it'll be reflected on my account soon, though, it says it may take up to 24 hours.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 12:32 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade
Got the email..... "cannot open attachments" drat..
Old Jul 10, 2019, 7:58 pm

Programs: AS 75K, DL PM
This whole can’t open attachments, what format did you use?
I sent my card and history via pdf.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by dmbolp
Also, got the follow up e-mail with the challenge terms; confirms that a request made prior to 7/1, but enrollment confirmation after 7/1 gets status thru 1/31/2021:

You Are Now Enrolled In The SkyMiles Medallion Status Match Challenge.

Thank you for enrolling in the SkyMiles Medallion® Status Match Challenge.

Your elite Status Match request has been approved, and we would like to welcome you to the SkyMiles Medallion Program. Medallion Status offers a host of benefits, including Priority Boarding, Unlimited Complimentary Upgrades, waived baggage fees, Preferred Seats and more.

Your Gold Medallion Status is valid for the next 3 months and will print on your future boarding passes. Plus, your digital Medallion card will be available in the Fly Delta app for iPhone® and Android™.

To keep your Medallion Status through January 31, 2021, you will need to complete both of the following requirements during the 3 month complimentary period:

Earn 12,500 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs)
OR
Fly 15 Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs)

AND

Earn $1,500 Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs) (U.S.-based Members only)
OR
Qualify for the MQD Waiver* (U.S.-based Members only)

Thank you again for participating in the Status Match Challenge and for your interest in the Medallion Program.
How long did it take to reflect the status match challenge on your account? My initial approval email said within 24 hours, but I'm hoping it'll kick in soon so that I can secure a spot in Delta Comfort!
Old Jul 10, 2019, 10:22 pm

A few posts back, I got the enrollment confirmation email at 8:30am this past Sunday, and woke up Monday to Gold status, and a bunch of upgrades for the week
Old Jul 10, 2019, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by dmbolp
A few posts back, I got the enrollment confirmation email at 8:30am this past Sunday, and woke up Monday to Gold status, and a bunch of upgrades for the week
Thanks!
Old Jul 11, 2019, 1:07 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade
Originally Posted by Idaho Territory
This whole can’t open attachments, what format did you use?
I sent my card and history via pdf.
pdf!
Old Jul 14, 2019, 7:59 pm

Today was not satisfying. I sent off a twitter dm to find out if they could prod the SkyMiles desk on the review time. Here’s the response. “Hi there. We normally advise our passengers to allow at least 6 to 8 weeks for everything to be processed. We appreciate your continued patience.”
I’m hoping that this was just to make it so I don’t ask again. With that kind of response alone, I’m not sure if I’m going to complete the challenge. I have enough segments and money booked as of now for the next 80 days. I’m not feeling the love to continue booking flights till status is matched and I can evaluate from there.

Last edited by Idaho Territory; Jul 14, 2019 at 9:03 pm Reason: missed the not
Old Jul 14, 2019, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA
Today was satisfying. I sent off a twitter dm to find out if they could prod the SkyMiles desk on the review time. Here’s the response. “Hi there. We normally advise our passengers to allow at least 6 to 8 weeks for everything to be processed. We appreciate your continued patience.”
I’m hoping that this was just to make it so I don’t ask again. With that kind of response alone, I’m not sure if I’m going to complete the challenge. I have enough segments and money booked as of now for the next 80 days. I’m not feeling the love to continue booking flights till status is matched and I can evaluate from there.
Why was this satisfying? Did they rush the status?
Old Jul 14, 2019, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Today was satisfying. I sent off a twitter dm to find out if they could prod the SkyMiles desk on the review time. Here’s the response. “Hi there. We normally advise our passengers to allow at least 6 to 8 weeks for everything to be processed. We appreciate your continued patience.”
Not accustomed to waiting in line?
Old Jul 14, 2019, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by ngalliance
Why was this satisfying? Did they rush the status?
That’s totally me there. I forgot the “not” from mobile.

Originally Posted by TomMM

Not accustomed to waiting in line?
Waiting in line is fine. The range that was provided in the email was “Status Match Challenge requests are usually reviewed within 5 business days, but please allow up to 2 weeks.” Hence the reason for the inquiry. Being that I am at 2 weeks, I inquired. The 6 to 8 week part I am not happy about.
If I was okay with waiting that long, I would just earn the status and not participate in the match.
The match program is to allow me to compare apples to apples. It’s one thing to compare posted benefits of medallion status, it’s another when they are put in play. All airlines aren’t going to be everything to everyone. I submitted for the match to see if Delta is worth being loyal to.

Last edited by Idaho Territory; Jul 14, 2019 at 9:15 pm
Old Jul 14, 2019, 9:23 pm

Programs: Delta
So I did the status challenge for Platinum on 7/1 and got accepted a few days ago.

I have some miles already logged on my skymiles account, but now that I'm in the status challenge -- how do I track my progress?

I know I have to get 18k or so to keep Platinum, but how do I know that I got enough in 90 days? Plus the MQM's too?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 15, 2019, 2:26 am

Today was not satisfying. I sent off a twitter dm to find out if they could prod the SkyMiles desk on the review time. Here’s the response. “Hi there. We normally advise our passengers to allow at least 6 to 8 weeks for everything to be processed. We appreciate your continued patience.”
Most of my experiences with twitter agents are like yours. Some are absolute angels. I dm'd in 8 days after I sent in my fax application to inquire whether they received it. Agent replied that she asked the Skymiles desk to review it right then and there. Received challenge and status in app 5 mins after
Idaho Territory likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by natakou
So I did the status challenge for Platinum on 7/1 and got accepted a few days ago.

I have some miles already logged on my skymiles account, but now that I'm in the status challenge -- how do I track my progress?

I know I have to get 18k or so to keep Platinum, but how do I know that I got enough in 90 days? Plus the MQM's too?

Thanks in advance!
If you want to track your progress you'll need to do it yourself. I tried to post an image of the spreadsheet I'm using a couple days ago but the image doesn't always show; here's a link: https://i.imgur.com/M3gGEqI.jpg
Old Jul 15, 2019, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
DP: Applied June 30, approval email July 10 with confirmation on July 12. Account was updated on July 11 with the status and 90-day window.

I am reaching out to see if they will move it back to July 7 to include my flight, but if not oh well - will probably still make it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.