Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Old Nov 10, 2014, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bakrgby
All,

A wikipost seemed to be useful for this thread to help FTers find the most current infomation regarding DL's Status Match Challenge.

SKYMILES MEDALLION STATUS MATCH CHALLENGE

Official Delta Site and Sign-Up

Status Match Period:
90 Days

MQM/MQS Qualifying Flights must be flown on Delta, Delta Connection or Partner Flights:
In order to extend your Medallion status after the 90 days, you'll need to earn a specific number of Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) within the 90 days of enrolling by flying Delta or Delta Connection, and partner airlines.

Comparable Status:
  • DL Silver Medallion (FO) - AA Gold; UA Premier Silver; AS MVP
  • DL Gold Medallion (GM) - AA Platinum; UA Premier Gold; AS MVP Gold
  • DL Platinum Medallion (PM) - AA Executive Platinum; UA 1K; AS MVP Gold 75K
  • DL Diamond Medallion (DM) - DL does not typically match to DM.
    From dl.com: If you have status with another airline not listed above, you may still be eligible for this challenge. Please submit your information below to confirm eligibility.

MQM / MQS Requirement:
  • FO: 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs and $750MQD or MQD waiver
  • GM: 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs and $1500MQD or MQD waiver
  • PM: 18,750 MQMs or 25 MQSs and $2250MQD or MQD waiver
"MQMs/MQSs/MQDs earned through other sources, including but not limited to SkyMiles Credit Cards, do not count towards the challenge."

Criteria for Participation:
  • Member has not received a status match or complimentary Medallion status in the past three years
  • Is currently a non-Medallion member
  • Must present valid and current elite credential or statement showing elite status from another airline
  • Status being matched must be earned and not complementary.

Other Notes from dl.com:
  • A physical Medallion membership card will not be issued for the 90-day qualification period. You may enjoy Medallion benefits on Delta or Delta Connection by providing your SkyMiles number when making reservations or at check-in. You can also access your Membership Card through the Fly Delta app. During the 90-day period, you will not have access to all reciprocal Medallion benefits with Delta's partner airlines, including access to SkyTeam lounges.
  • Members who are matched to Platinum Medallion status will not be eligible for Choice Benefits until the flight requirement to maintain Platinum Medallion status is met.
  • Through this offer, you may maintain the same or lower Medallion status level as your matched status. If you are matched to Silver Medallion status, you will not be able to earn Gold Medallion status through this offer, even if you will fly more than 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs during the offer period. But if you have been matched to Gold Medallion status and you only fly 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs, you will earn Silver Medallion status. Your Medallion status will be returned to non-Medallion status if you are unable to complete the minimum flight requirement before the end of the 90-day period.
  • Medallion status match is only offered for Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion levels.

When to request:
  • Requests from 1/1 - 6/30 will receive status through 1/31 of the following year.
  • Requests from 7/1 - 12/31 will receive status through 1/31 of the second year.

Corporate accounts:
Depending on your company's agreement with Delta, you may have different qualification requirements and/or an alternate method of requesting a status match or challenge. Check your company's intranet or travel manager.

Current Processing Time:
4-5 days as of July 31st 2022
Print Wikipost

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Old Jul 5, 2019, 12:50 pm

You applied so early,

Originally Posted by DreamHigh
13 days to process, but got burned by the "cannot open attachments"
you took a chance of getting approval before 7/1, I do believe though that you don't nee to apply again, just reply to that email with new attachments and it will be quicker
Old Jul 5, 2019, 12:53 pm

Please update when approved

Originally Posted by findark
Thanks! Submitted my details this morning; with any luck maybe someone will review by Friday.
I would really like to know when you got the reply.
Thanks
Old Jul 5, 2019, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Srulik1894
I would really like to know when you got the reply.
Thanks
No word yet; not terribly optimistic about getting anything before the weekend. However, it sounds like it's not crazy to ask them to backdate the match so we'll see. Worst case I'll just take an extra trip somewhere
Old Jul 5, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade
you took a chance of getting approval before 7/1, I do believe though that you don't nee to apply again, just reply to that email with new attachments and it will be quicker
wasn't too concerned with the extra year as this was a match for my mother who has Asiana Gold. We have a trip booked which would push her past 25k miles, meaning she would have Silver Medallion till Jan/2021 even if it was approved beforehand.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by dmbolp
Yeah, applied online last TUE 6/25, hoping to get enrolled by Monday 7/8 with 6 segments next week
Just got the enrollment confirmation e-mail; looks like a second email with terms of the challenge still to come:

Sun, Jul 7, 2019 8:27 am
Contact Delta ([email protected])

Dear dmbolp,

RE: Case Number XXXXXXX

You are now enrolled in the SkyMiles Medallion Status Match Challenge. Your 3 month challenge begins today, and your temporary Medallion Status will be effective on July 8, 2019. Please look for the terms of your 3 month offer to be sent to the e-mail address in your SkyMiles account.

Now that you are enrolled, we can make no changes to the dates or terms of your challenge.

We appreciate your interest in our Medallion program, and look forward to proving ourselves as your airline of choice.

Regards,
Delta Air Lines
Old Jul 8, 2019, 7:52 am

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, National EE
Just got the enrollment confirmation e-mail; looks like a second email with terms of the challenge still to come:

Sun, Jul 7, 2019 8:27 am
Contact Delta ([email protected])

Dear dmbolp,

RE: Case Number XXXXXXX

You are now enrolled in the SkyMiles Medallion Status Match Challenge. Your 3 month challenge begins today, and your temporary Medallion Status will be effective on July 8, 2019. Please look for the terms of your 3 month offer to be sent to the e-mail address in your SkyMiles account.

Now that you are enrolled, we can make no changes to the dates or terms of your challenge.

We appreciate your interest in our Medallion program, and look forward to proving ourselves as your airline of choice.

Regards,
Delta Air Lines
I submitted June 29, so hopefully Ill hear back by Wednesday. Im currently in economy on a 757-300. It is cramped for a 6-foot-2 guy.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 8:19 am

So my Gold status kicked in this morning, and already getting upgrades for this week!:

MON ATL-ORF: #1 on Comfort upgrade list
TUE ORF-ATL: upgraded to Comfort
WED ATL-DFW: upgraded to First
WED DFW-ATL: nothing yet
WED ATL-SFO: upgraded to First
FRI SFO-ATL: nothing yet, too soon for Gold (72 hours)?

Last edited by dmbolp; Jul 8, 2019 at 8:29 am
Old Jul 8, 2019, 6:29 pm

Please update when approved

Originally Posted by rdh0924

I submitted June 29, so hopefully Ill hear back by Wednesday. Im currently in economy on a 757-300. It is cramped for a 6-foot-2 guy.

I'm urgently waiting for a painfully long time for a reply for my case. I applied 1 day later than you
Please update me when you get a reply.
Thank you.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 8:05 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Submitted mine on 7/1, still waiting as of today.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 12:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
So my Gold status kicked in this morning, and already getting upgrades for this week!:

MON ATL-ORF: #1 on Comfort upgrade list
TUE ORF-ATL: upgraded to Comfort
WED ATL-DFW: upgraded to First
WED DFW-ATL: nothing yet
WED ATL-SFO: upgraded to First
FRI SFO-ATL: nothing yet, too soon for Gold (72 hours)?
Whoa! UPG as a Gold on ATL-SFO?!
Old Jul 9, 2019, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Whoa! UPG as a Gold on ATL-SFO?!
9pm departure, I assume that has something to do with it. Also my flights thru my Corp booking site are assigned fare M which seems to be up the list?

and just got First for my ORF-ATL return now

Last edited by dmbolp; Jul 9, 2019 at 2:05 pm
Old Jul 9, 2019, 7:51 pm

Tracking of the Challenge; thoughts?

Old Jul 9, 2019, 7:57 pm

Also, got the follow up e-mail with the challenge terms; confirms that a request made prior to 7/1, but enrollment confirmation after 7/1 gets status thru 1/31/2021:

You Are Now Enrolled In The SkyMiles Medallion Status Match Challenge.

Thank you for enrolling in the SkyMiles Medallion Status Match Challenge.

Your elite Status Match request has been approved, and we would like to welcome you to the SkyMiles Medallion Program. Medallion Status offers a host of benefits, including Priority Boarding, Unlimited Complimentary Upgrades, waived baggage fees, Preferred Seats and more.

Your Gold Medallion Status is valid for the next 3 months and will print on your future boarding passes. Plus, your digital Medallion card will be available in the Fly Delta app for iPhone and Android™.

To keep your Medallion Status through January 31, 2021, you will need to complete both of the following requirements during the 3 month complimentary period:

Earn 12,500 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs)
OR
Fly 15 Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs)

AND

Earn $1,500 Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs) (U.S.-based Members only)
OR
Qualify for the MQD Waiver* (U.S.-based Members only)

Thank you again for participating in the Status Match Challenge and for your interest in the Medallion Program.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 8:20 am

Just got my enrollment email FINALLY

I applied last week Sunday July 30th
now I finally got the enrollment email.
So for all of you that are wondering how long it takes now, that's a average of 10 days.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 8:48 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade
I applied last week Sunday July 30th
now I finally got the enrollment email.
So for all of you that are wondering how long it takes now, that's a average of 10 days.
applied on the 29th and still haven't gotten the email.

Edit:
I would be so happy if I get the email today! I have a flight later which I hope counts toward the challenge >_<

Edit2:
Knowing my luck, I'm gonna get a "cannot open attachment" email

Last edited by DreamHigh; Jul 10, 2019 at 8:58 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.