Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 10, 2014, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bakrgby
All,

A wikipost seemed to be useful for this thread to help FTers find the most current infomation regarding DL's Status Match Challenge.

SKYMILES MEDALLION® STATUS MATCH CHALLENGE

Official Delta Site and Sign-Up

Status Match Period:
90 Days

MQM/MQS Qualifying Flights must be flown on Delta, Delta Connection or Partner Flights:
In order to extend your Medallion status after the 90 days, you'll need to earn a specific number of Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) within the 90 days of enrolling by flying Delta or Delta Connection®, and partner airlines.

Comparable Status:
  • DL Silver Medallion (FO) - AA Gold; UA Premier Silver; AS MVP
  • DL Gold Medallion (GM) - AA Platinum; UA Premier Gold; AS MVP Gold
  • DL Platinum Medallion (PM) - AA Executive Platinum; UA 1K; AS MVP Gold 75K
  • DL Diamond Medallion (DM) - DL does not typically match to DM.
    From dl.com: If you have status with another airline not listed above, you may still be eligible for this challenge. Please submit your information below to confirm eligibility.

MQM / MQS Requirement:
  • FO: 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs and $750MQD or MQD waiver
  • GM: 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs and $1500MQD or MQD waiver
  • PM: 18,750 MQMs or 25 MQSs and $2250MQD or MQD waiver
"MQMs/MQSs/MQDs earned through other sources, including but not limited to SkyMiles Credit Cards, do not count towards the challenge."

Criteria for Participation:
  • Member has not received a status match or complimentary Medallion status in the past three years
  • Is currently a non-Medallion member
  • Must present valid and current elite credential or statement showing elite status from another airline
  • Status being matched must be earned and not complementary.

Other Notes from dl.com:
  • A physical Medallion membership card will not be issued for the 90-day qualification period. You may enjoy Medallion benefits on Delta or Delta Connection by providing your SkyMiles number when making reservations or at check-in. You can also access your Membership Card through the Fly Delta app. During the 90-day period, you will not have access to all reciprocal Medallion benefits with Delta's partner airlines, including access to SkyTeam® lounges.
  • Members who are matched to Platinum Medallion status will not be eligible for Choice Benefits until the flight requirement to maintain Platinum Medallion status is met.
  • Through this offer, you may maintain the same or lower Medallion status level as your matched status. If you are matched to Silver Medallion status, you will not be able to earn Gold Medallion status through this offer, even if you will fly more than 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs during the offer period. But if you have been matched to Gold Medallion status and you only fly 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs, you will earn Silver Medallion status. Your Medallion status will be returned to non-Medallion status if you are unable to complete the minimum flight requirement before the end of the 90-day period.
  • Medallion status match is only offered for Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion levels.

When to request:
  • Requests from 1/1 - 6/30 will receive status through 1/31 of the following year.
  • Requests from 7/1 - 12/31 will receive status through 1/31 of the second year.

Corporate accounts:
Depending on your company's agreement with Delta, you may have different qualification requirements and/or an alternate method of requesting a status match or challenge. Check your company's intranet or travel manager.

Current Processing Time:
4-5 days as of July 31st 2022
Print Wikipost

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2018, 11:33 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by LBJ
The question is whether you get the bonus prior to meeting the challenge requirements, not simply during the 90-day period.
Got it on my very first flight after match.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 12:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
I matched AA=>UA last autumn. Am I able to match UA=>DL this year, even though I won't qualify this year with UA?
Old Jun 16, 2018, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Technically, no.
  • You currently have elite status with a qualifying airline that was earned through that airline’s published requirements (complimentary status or status earned through a promotion does not qualify)
Old Jun 16, 2018, 12:59 pm

So I guess a status match is considered a promotion in that case. How likely is it that DL will check with UA, or even care?
Old Jun 16, 2018, 4:24 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Alec84
So I guess a status match is considered a promotion in that case. How likely is it that DL will check with UA, or even care?
You need to submit a photo of your card with the expiration date so that's how they check.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by zeer0
You need to submit a photo of your card with the expiration date so that's how they check.
That's absolutely not a problem, since my card expires 01/31/2019. The problem is that I got it through a challenge and I was wondering whether DL will ask for proof of how I obtained status with UA.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 2:33 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
That's absolutely not a problem, since my card expires 01/31/2019. The problem is that I got it through a challenge and I was wondering whether DL will ask for proof of how I obtained status with UA.
Almost certainly yes. They asked me to show multiple statement screenshots showing flight history.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A photo of my card was sufficient when I matched last year.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 9:13 am
BGT

Any resolution?
Old Jun 22, 2018, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA Exp, United Silver, Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Quick question to ho have got status through challenge.

I am think of Delta challenge since i will be flying to one of there hubs every week. If i request status match July2nd. Will they count past 10 day flights for my match ?
Old Jun 24, 2018, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by fnuhenry
Quick question to ho have got status through challenge.

I am think of Delta challenge since i will be flying to one of there hubs every week. If i request status match July2nd. Will they count past 10 day flights for my match ?
NO
Old Jun 24, 2018, 10:57 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
NO
seriously?!

You can’t just call Delta and ask them to credit recent DL flights to your SM account???

That sucks.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 12:20 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by TheHorta

seriously?!

You can’t just call Delta and ask them to credit recent DL flights to your SM account???

That sucks.
You can get credit for them, but you can't apply them to a challenge unless they were within the challenge period.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Plat
I want to status challenge with DL via my AS MVP Gold as I will be flying DL a lot more in the coming months. So my status was earned in 2016 and extended in 2017 by the AS parental leave program. Has anyone tried to status challenge after using this program? Not sure if i would hit roadblocks here as this isn't a promotion or complimentary...
Old Jun 26, 2018, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TheHorta

seriously?!

That sucks.
Are you talking about Appling the past flights to your challenge? if so NO, if you are asking about applying the past flights be credited to your account that is maybe, did you have a SM account before those flights? If YES, then yes you can, if you did not, then NO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.