Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 10, 2014, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bakrgby
All,

A wikipost seemed to be useful for this thread to help FTers find the most current infomation regarding DL's Status Match Challenge.

SKYMILES MEDALLION® STATUS MATCH CHALLENGE

Official Delta Site and Sign-Up

Status Match Period:
90 Days

MQM/MQS Qualifying Flights must be flown on Delta, Delta Connection or Partner Flights:
In order to extend your Medallion status after the 90 days, you'll need to earn a specific number of Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) within the 90 days of enrolling by flying Delta or Delta Connection®, and partner airlines.

Comparable Status:
  • DL Silver Medallion (FO) - AA Gold; UA Premier Silver; AS MVP
  • DL Gold Medallion (GM) - AA Platinum; UA Premier Gold; AS MVP Gold
  • DL Platinum Medallion (PM) - AA Executive Platinum; UA 1K; AS MVP Gold 75K
  • DL Diamond Medallion (DM) - DL does not typically match to DM.
    From dl.com: If you have status with another airline not listed above, you may still be eligible for this challenge. Please submit your information below to confirm eligibility.

MQM / MQS Requirement:
  • FO: 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs and $750MQD or MQD waiver
  • GM: 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs and $1500MQD or MQD waiver
  • PM: 18,750 MQMs or 25 MQSs and $2250MQD or MQD waiver
"MQMs/MQSs/MQDs earned through other sources, including but not limited to SkyMiles Credit Cards, do not count towards the challenge."

Criteria for Participation:
  • Member has not received a status match or complimentary Medallion status in the past three years
  • Is currently a non-Medallion member
  • Must present valid and current elite credential or statement showing elite status from another airline
  • Status being matched must be earned and not complementary.

Other Notes from dl.com:
  • A physical Medallion membership card will not be issued for the 90-day qualification period. You may enjoy Medallion benefits on Delta or Delta Connection by providing your SkyMiles number when making reservations or at check-in. You can also access your Membership Card through the Fly Delta app. During the 90-day period, you will not have access to all reciprocal Medallion benefits with Delta's partner airlines, including access to SkyTeam® lounges.
  • Members who are matched to Platinum Medallion status will not be eligible for Choice Benefits until the flight requirement to maintain Platinum Medallion status is met.
  • Through this offer, you may maintain the same or lower Medallion status level as your matched status. If you are matched to Silver Medallion status, you will not be able to earn Gold Medallion status through this offer, even if you will fly more than 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs during the offer period. But if you have been matched to Gold Medallion status and you only fly 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs, you will earn Silver Medallion status. Your Medallion status will be returned to non-Medallion status if you are unable to complete the minimum flight requirement before the end of the 90-day period.
  • Medallion status match is only offered for Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion levels.

When to request:
  • Requests from 1/1 - 6/30 will receive status through 1/31 of the following year.
  • Requests from 7/1 - 12/31 will receive status through 1/31 of the second year.

Corporate accounts:
Depending on your company's agreement with Delta, you may have different qualification requirements and/or an alternate method of requesting a status match or challenge. Check your company's intranet or travel manager.

Current Processing Time:
4-5 days as of July 31st 2022
Print Wikipost

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2018, 10:48 am

Programs: AC E75K
Hello Delta Forum,

I have a question about Delta's status match offer as it relates to the corporate program they have with my employer. Would prefer to contact them over e-mail so I can include some attachments. Is this address quoted upthread ([email protected]) still current?

Many thanks!
Old Jan 8, 2018, 12:02 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Hello Delta Forum,

I have a question about Delta's status match offer as it relates to the corporate program they have with my employer. Would prefer to contact them over e-mail so I can include some attachments. Is this address quoted upthread ([email protected]) still current?

Many thanks!
Your best bet would be to get the appropriate address via your employer's liaison with Delta.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by veeRob
I sincerely hope you're wrong. The confirmation email made no reference to MQD and I emailed my enrollment materials when there was no mention of an MQD. If I didn't go back to the challenge web site, I would never have even known they added this...
The confirmation email would not say, BUT the link within the email would have given you ALL the info and qualifying info you need.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I received an MQD-less email confirmation for a request made in mid-December, with a start date of 1/1/18 (date of email). Could it be that approvals made in late December for Q1 '18 travel requirements fall under the old rules?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by techie
Your best bet would be to get the appropriate address via your employer's liaison with Delta.
That's what I did. Thanks for the advice!
Old Jan 11, 2018, 10:59 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I received an MQD-less email confirmation for a request made in mid-December, with a start date of 1/1/18 (date of email). Could it be that approvals made in late December for Q1 '18 travel requirements fall under the old rules?
Yes, I believe so. You definitely have firm footing to use to push back if they ever change their mind.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 12:56 am

Programs: Once upon a time...
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
That's what it looks like to me. I'd love to see someone's confirmation email that requested after 1/1 to see if their email references MQD.
Old Jan 24, 2018, 2:56 pm

I haven't been flying with Sky Team lately, but this spring I'll be flying C2-C4 rt in eco with them, so that should be enough miles for the Delta Silver Challenge. I'm currently holding Silver from the demised TopBonus as well as a matched Finnair Silver (with some flights credited to it by now, but so far not enough for requalification). Will this make me eligible for Delta's status match?
If so, my understanding is that this would give me Silver status with DL for three months anyway. However, even with a successful challenge, I would be very unlikely to keep it beyond 01/2019. The only value of that status to me would be free checked luggage on any US domestic flights on DL during that time (unlikely to be relevant more than once or twice). But wouldn't I get that for a three months period anyway when I apply briefly before any such flight?
As an extra question, is it correct that you do not get any status bonus on miles accrual during the the months of the challenge?
Old Jan 26, 2018, 8:54 am

Hi All - I submitted my request on 1/17 and still waiting to hear back (I know it can take up to 14 business days). However, I need to book an upcoming trip soon, so had a questions for the group here:

1) Assuming I'm approved for the match after my booking but before date of travel, with the MQDs / MQMs earned for this trip count towards my re-qualification criteria?
2) I applied with a screenshot of my Air Canada Altitude digital (mobile wallet) card and Altitude website dashboard. Will those suffice or do I need to provide a scan / photo of the physical card (which hadn't yet arrived for the 2018 year when I applied on 1/17).

Many thanks!
Old Jan 26, 2018, 10:29 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA Gold
Hi All - I submitted my request on 1/17 and still waiting to hear back (I know it can take up to 14 business days). However, I need to book an upcoming trip soon, so had a questions for the group here:

1) Assuming I'm approved for the match after my booking but before date of travel, with the MQDs / MQMs earned for this trip count towards my re-qualification criteria?
2) I applied with a screenshot of my Air Canada Altitude digital (mobile wallet) card and Altitude website dashboard. Will those suffice or do I need to provide a scan / photo of the physical card (which hadn't yet arrived for the 2018 year when I applied on 1/17).

Many thanks!
1) Yes. Booking date doesn't matter. You're good as long as the flight is after the match is done.

2) That's exactly how I applied last month (screenshot of my mobile card from an app) from AA, and it worked.

FYI, my match in December took 10 business days.
​​​​​
Old Jan 26, 2018, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by CaptainEasychord
1) Yes. Booking date doesn't matter. You're good as long as the flight is after the match is done.

2) That's exactly how I applied last month (screenshot of my mobile card from an app) from AA, and it worked.

FYI, my match in December took 10 business days.
​​​​​
Perfect. Thanks very much!
Old Jan 30, 2018, 9:57 am

Received e-mail notification today that my "registration has been approved and your SkyMiles membership has been set to Platinum".

Logging into Delta.com, I do see the Platinum status reflected on the homepage:

But I don't see the status reflected anywhere else (My Profile, My Wallet, Fly Delta app), don't see any upgrade certificates within My Wallet, and don't see any ability to select automatic complimentary upgrade preferences under My Profile.

Is this just a normal delay, or should I call in? If so, is there a dedicated line Platinum members can use?

Thanks!
Old Jan 30, 2018, 10:06 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Received e-mail notification today that my "registration has been approved and your SkyMiles membership has been set to Platinum".

Logging into Delta.com, I do see the Platinum status reflected on the homepage:

[...]

But I don't see the status reflected anywhere else (My Profile, My Wallet, Fly Delta app), don't see any upgrade certificates within My Wallet, and don't see any ability to select automatic complimentary upgrade preferences under My Profile.

Is this just a normal delay, or should I call in? If so, is there a dedicated line Platinum members can use?

Thanks!
In the case where you earn a higher status, the future-year status is usually updated immediately but the current-year status does not get changed until overnight, probably due to some difference in how the two are processed or calculated.

Assuming something similar applies to status matches, given the discrepancy between the current status and 2018 status (even though it's already 2018) I would expect something similar in your case, so it will probably update by tomorrow.

I forget if PMs have a separate phone number like DMs, but calling the regular number and entering your SkyMiles number (or if it recognizes your phone number as being associated with your profile) then your call should get assigned into the appropriate priority queue.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by Zorak
In the case where you earn a higher status, the future-year status is usually updated immediately but the current-year status does not get changed until overnight, probably due to some difference in how the two are processed or calculated.

Assuming something similar applies to status matches, given the discrepancy between the current status and 2018 status (even though it's already 2018) I would expect something similar in your case, so it will probably update by tomorrow.

I forget if PMs have a separate phone number like DMs, but calling the regular number and entering your SkyMiles number (or if it recognizes your phone number as being associated with your profile) then your call should get assigned into the appropriate priority queue.
Ah great to know. I'll take a look tomorrow to see if things have been reflected. Thanks!
Old Jan 30, 2018, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ah great to know. I'll take a look tomorrow to see if things have been reflected. Thanks!
Also, you don’t get upgrade certs on a status match.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.