Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 10, 2014, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bakrgby
All,

A wikipost seemed to be useful for this thread to help FTers find the most current infomation regarding DL's Status Match Challenge.

SKYMILES MEDALLION® STATUS MATCH CHALLENGE

Official Delta Site and Sign-Up

Status Match Period:
90 Days

MQM/MQS Qualifying Flights must be flown on Delta, Delta Connection or Partner Flights:
In order to extend your Medallion status after the 90 days, you'll need to earn a specific number of Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) within the 90 days of enrolling by flying Delta or Delta Connection®, and partner airlines.

Comparable Status:
  • DL Silver Medallion (FO) - AA Gold; UA Premier Silver; AS MVP
  • DL Gold Medallion (GM) - AA Platinum; UA Premier Gold; AS MVP Gold
  • DL Platinum Medallion (PM) - AA Executive Platinum; UA 1K; AS MVP Gold 75K
  • DL Diamond Medallion (DM) - DL does not typically match to DM.
    From dl.com: If you have status with another airline not listed above, you may still be eligible for this challenge. Please submit your information below to confirm eligibility.

MQM / MQS Requirement:
  • FO: 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs and $750MQD or MQD waiver
  • GM: 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs and $1500MQD or MQD waiver
  • PM: 18,750 MQMs or 25 MQSs and $2250MQD or MQD waiver
"MQMs/MQSs/MQDs earned through other sources, including but not limited to SkyMiles Credit Cards, do not count towards the challenge."

Criteria for Participation:
  • Member has not received a status match or complimentary Medallion status in the past three years
  • Is currently a non-Medallion member
  • Must present valid and current elite credential or statement showing elite status from another airline
  • Status being matched must be earned and not complementary.

Other Notes from dl.com:
  • A physical Medallion membership card will not be issued for the 90-day qualification period. You may enjoy Medallion benefits on Delta or Delta Connection by providing your SkyMiles number when making reservations or at check-in. You can also access your Membership Card through the Fly Delta app. During the 90-day period, you will not have access to all reciprocal Medallion benefits with Delta's partner airlines, including access to SkyTeam® lounges.
  • Members who are matched to Platinum Medallion status will not be eligible for Choice Benefits until the flight requirement to maintain Platinum Medallion status is met.
  • Through this offer, you may maintain the same or lower Medallion status level as your matched status. If you are matched to Silver Medallion status, you will not be able to earn Gold Medallion status through this offer, even if you will fly more than 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs during the offer period. But if you have been matched to Gold Medallion status and you only fly 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs, you will earn Silver Medallion status. Your Medallion status will be returned to non-Medallion status if you are unable to complete the minimum flight requirement before the end of the 90-day period.
  • Medallion status match is only offered for Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion levels.

When to request:
  • Requests from 1/1 - 6/30 will receive status through 1/31 of the following year.
  • Requests from 7/1 - 12/31 will receive status through 1/31 of the second year.

Corporate accounts:
Depending on your company's agreement with Delta, you may have different qualification requirements and/or an alternate method of requesting a status match or challenge. Check your company's intranet or travel manager.

Current Processing Time:
4-5 days as of July 31st 2022
Print Wikipost

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2011, 11:59 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ESteiner
I am flying DL a lot, and have asked DL for a Platinum status match as I am an MVPG 90K on AS partners for 2011. Have any FlyerTalk flyers had any success with this? I have not been privileged to upgrades, but do appreciate no charges for luggage on DL. My early experiences this year on DL have been largely negative, but remain hopeful that DL might improve options for MVP 90K Golds.
As a rule, DL doesn't match to PM. There have been reports about it being done for UA 1Ks recently, but I doubt that you'd get such a courtesy as an AS MVP75k.

Not sure why you'd like to status match to an airline that you've found to provide "largely negative" experiences?
Old Feb 14, 2011, 12:14 pm

Programs: UACO Plat/1K, DL Plat, Hertz 5*, Avis - PC, SPG Gold, Colorado Pass
Got matched today to DL Plat from CO Plat. I think the process took a month or so, give or take a few weeks if they can't read the fax. I sent a letter and a copy of my CO plat card. We'll see how this goes...
Old Feb 14, 2011, 10:56 pm

Thanks for company reference

Originally Posted by stephem
My travel dept sent me a terse email after I booked a UA flight and indicated we are not to use them anymore and included a link to a similar program to the IBM one above. I am already a diamond, so no need for it, but sounds like delta is trying to get more corporate flyers thru simplified matching.

Quite sure we work for the same company. I was thinking of switching from US to DL, and was looking for a way to match status with DL when i found this thread. Your post reminded me of that internal memo... went and actually looked at the link, and it's available regardless of existing airline, not just UA. So good news for me. So thanks for reminding me.
Old Feb 19, 2011, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
So DL offers status immediately (or after processing time)? Or do they require you to fly a certain number of miles first? Is it for the whole year?
Old Feb 21, 2011, 2:03 pm

Programs: UACO Plat/1K, DL Plat, Hertz 5*, Avis - PC, SPG Gold, Colorado Pass
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
So DL offers status immediately (or after processing time)? Or do they require you to fly a certain number of miles first? Is it for the whole year?
I'm not sure as I haven't received my credentials yet. However, on delta.com it says that I'm Platinum Medallion. I'll let you know whenever I get something in the mail or my first flight in March.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 8:56 am

Programs: CO PLT, DL GM, Hertz President Circle, SPG Platinum
DL Status Match

I sent my 2010 CO Platinum Card, 2011 CO Statement showing Platinum this year; and, a letter last week requesting Status consideration. I am hoping this gets done by next Wednesday (not holding my breath) as I could use the club access when bouncing around SFO-LAX-HND-NRT-TPE next weekend!
Old Feb 25, 2011, 3:27 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Unless things have changed this year, for those who independently mail/fax in requesting a status match, DL's standard has been to provide the status upgrade "immediately (or after processing time)".
Old Feb 25, 2011, 10:47 am

AA Elite

What status on DL would an AA Platinum receive on a status match?
What about an Executive Platinum?
Old Feb 26, 2011, 9:16 pm

Interesting....

Originally Posted by idriveuride
I sent my 2010 CO Platinum Card, 2011 CO Statement showing Platinum this year; and, a letter last week requesting Status consideration. I am hoping this gets done by next Wednesday (not holding my breath) as I could use the club access when bouncing around SFO-LAX-HND-NRT-TPE next weekend!
Feb 5, 11, 9:35 am #12
idriveuride

SkyMiles is a joke; but, I can assure you . . they don't care.

I moved to UA/CO last year and have not looked back. I could care less about the upgrades (which are a joke on CO); but, what moved me was the myth that "Low" actually exists in regards to SkyMiles awards.

So in effect, DL is 37,500 for a domestic award versus 25,000 on UA/CO. Asia is an ever larger gap.

Across the board Star creams SkyTeam.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And now you want a status match back....?
Old Feb 26, 2011, 10:19 pm

Programs: AA PLAT (2.8MM), DL Diamond, UA*S, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTE, Hilton DIAMOND, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by mishugana
What status on DL would an AA Platinum receive on a status match?
What about an Executive Platinum?
Delta Gold most likely for PLT and EXP
Old Feb 26, 2011, 10:31 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by medellinfein
idriveuride

I moved to UA/CO last year and have not looked back. I could care less about the upgrades (which are a joke on CO); but, what moved me was the myth that "Low" actually exists in regards to SkyMiles awards.

So in effect, DL is 37,500 for a domestic award versus 25,000 on UA/CO. Asia is an ever larger gap.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DL deserves to be creamed in return? Why not.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 8:54 am

Programs: CO PLT, DL GM, Hertz President Circle, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by medellinfein
idriveuride

Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of "Delta".

Delta has a collection of excellent employees, a solid base of operations here in the Northwest (along with AS) and I like the potential. From a product perspective, I like the in-flight entertainment, the ability to select flighs based on amenities at delta.com and I very much enjoy the boarding gate monitors, which offer a fairly transparent process.

Unfortunately, nothing is perfect and SkyMiles is a great example. It is easily (IMO) the worst program of US carriers. 50% devalued in terms of the Low, medium, high joke; and, the increasing landscape of blackout dates. As mentioned, strictly IMO. Someone who can land BIL-RNO 25K awards all day long may not agree.

I fly international 80% of the time. I LOVE the Star Alliance for where I need to travel most. IMO they are the best in terms of earnings, quality, lounges, redemption opportunities especially with CO in the fold. Like I said, nothing is perfect and occassionally I have to endure the torture of UA or US.

Now, why the match request??

EASY, When I am already enjoying a product (CO) that matches my travel need well; but, circumstances have placed me on DL long-haul flights (TPE this week & CDG end of March), I am going to do my best to manage my priorities (my children) and maintain the comforts I am accustomed to when travelling.

Travel is a necessary business evil in my world and I do not like being away from my children. My priorities are simple, getting a live person on the phone. I don't care about upgrades, I get a comfy coach bulkhead or exit and club access is a nice bonus; but, my priority is get home to my children.

So, when the S%&T hits the fan, and it does, it is nice to know that with limited exception, I will have a human on the phone when websites, auto re-booking and long lines persist, so I can get home.

Last edited by idriveuride; Feb 27, 2011 at 11:06 am
Old Mar 1, 2011, 5:55 pm

apologies for not reading through every post here but....i'm AA PLAT and want to try and Delta status match. Do I need to do anything special or just write a note with my name and a copy of my AA card and fax it over? is it that simple?
Old Mar 1, 2011, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by zjfriedman
apologies for not reading through every post here but....i'm AA PLAT and want to try and Delta status match. Do I need to do anything special or just write a note with my name and a copy of my AA card and fax it over? is it that simple?
Go read the posts as they fully explain what you need to know and to do.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 6:10 pm

i read the last 5 pages here and didn't see instructions (unless i plain missed them). I have limited internet time today and was hoping you or someone would be kind enough to steer me in the right direction. Guess I was wrong!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.