Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 10, 2014, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bakrgby
All,

A wikipost seemed to be useful for this thread to help FTers find the most current infomation regarding DL's Status Match Challenge.

SKYMILES MEDALLION® STATUS MATCH CHALLENGE

Official Delta Site and Sign-Up

Status Match Period:
90 Days

MQM/MQS Qualifying Flights must be flown on Delta, Delta Connection or Partner Flights:
In order to extend your Medallion status after the 90 days, you'll need to earn a specific number of Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) within the 90 days of enrolling by flying Delta or Delta Connection®, and partner airlines.

Comparable Status:
  • DL Silver Medallion (FO) - AA Gold; UA Premier Silver; AS MVP
  • DL Gold Medallion (GM) - AA Platinum; UA Premier Gold; AS MVP Gold
  • DL Platinum Medallion (PM) - AA Executive Platinum; UA 1K; AS MVP Gold 75K
  • DL Diamond Medallion (DM) - DL does not typically match to DM.
    From dl.com: If you have status with another airline not listed above, you may still be eligible for this challenge. Please submit your information below to confirm eligibility.

MQM / MQS Requirement:
  • FO: 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs and $750MQD or MQD waiver
  • GM: 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs and $1500MQD or MQD waiver
  • PM: 18,750 MQMs or 25 MQSs and $2250MQD or MQD waiver
"MQMs/MQSs/MQDs earned through other sources, including but not limited to SkyMiles Credit Cards, do not count towards the challenge."

Criteria for Participation:
  • Member has not received a status match or complimentary Medallion status in the past three years
  • Is currently a non-Medallion member
  • Must present valid and current elite credential or statement showing elite status from another airline
  • Status being matched must be earned and not complementary.

Other Notes from dl.com:
  • A physical Medallion membership card will not be issued for the 90-day qualification period. You may enjoy Medallion benefits on Delta or Delta Connection by providing your SkyMiles number when making reservations or at check-in. You can also access your Membership Card through the Fly Delta app. During the 90-day period, you will not have access to all reciprocal Medallion benefits with Delta's partner airlines, including access to SkyTeam® lounges.
  • Members who are matched to Platinum Medallion status will not be eligible for Choice Benefits until the flight requirement to maintain Platinum Medallion status is met.
  • Through this offer, you may maintain the same or lower Medallion status level as your matched status. If you are matched to Silver Medallion status, you will not be able to earn Gold Medallion status through this offer, even if you will fly more than 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs during the offer period. But if you have been matched to Gold Medallion status and you only fly 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs, you will earn Silver Medallion status. Your Medallion status will be returned to non-Medallion status if you are unable to complete the minimum flight requirement before the end of the 90-day period.
  • Medallion status match is only offered for Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion levels.

When to request:
  • Requests from 1/1 - 6/30 will receive status through 1/31 of the following year.
  • Requests from 7/1 - 12/31 will receive status through 1/31 of the second year.

Corporate accounts:
Depending on your company's agreement with Delta, you may have different qualification requirements and/or an alternate method of requesting a status match or challenge. Check your company's intranet or travel manager.

Current Processing Time:
4-5 days as of July 31st 2022
Print Wikipost

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2002, 2:41 pm

Programs: JetBlue Mosaic, WN A List Preferred, Hyatt Globalest, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
I find it interesting that apparently cto agents can make a computer entry to make someone Gold? I would like to clarrify the agent is making the computer entry for the change, rather than say forwarding the information to say the Sky Miles center in ATL for processing? They are not making people Plat, are they? I ask since in the demonstrated example, the poster was AA Plat but AA highest eeer is Exec Plat...so I wonder what the CTO will do if pax is top teer on other carrier? I wonder if cto agents computer will technically let them make an entry to change an account to Plat? I ask as once in a while I take the shuttle, and am only FO so could use the Gold double miles. Might be fun to be Plat too though really probably wouldn't use it due luser/sgb/swu, etc.
Old Jun 4, 2002, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA PLT/3MM, UA GM/1MM, DL DM/1MM, FB Plat, AS MVP Gold, WN AList+
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jetsetter:
I find it interesting that apparently cto agents can make a computer entry to make someone Gold? I would like to clarrify the agent is making the computer entry for the change, rather than say forwarding the information to say the Sky Miles center in ATL for processing?</font>
Interestingly, one thing I hadn't thought of earlier is that on the spot agents can apparently be trusted by DL HQ to make a decisions on this matter under SGB, but can't be trusted on so many others matters involving 'no waivers, no favors'....hmmmmm.....
Old Jun 4, 2002, 9:18 pm

Location: Southwest Desert, under a rock, watch out! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<" You can get there, but it's gonna cost you!
Programs: Previously NonePass®, now UA 1K (*Enhanced*)
Was the sign hand lettered or professionally printed?

Last time I passed through the America West Club I was asked "Are you elite in Flight Fund or any other airline?
Old Jun 5, 2002, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CoMooter:
Interestingly, one thing I hadn't thought of earlier is that on the spot agents can apparently be trusted by DL HQ to make a decisions on this matter under SGB, but can't be trusted on so many others matters involving 'no waivers, no favors'....hmmmmm.....</font>
They probably have to document your elite status with another carrier by making a photocopy of your elite card from that airline. There is no way that DL would give them this type of decision making power.
Old Jun 5, 2002, 10:14 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Rssrsvp:
They probably have to document your elite status with another carrier by making a photocopy of your elite card from that airline. There is no way that DL would give them this type of decision making power.</font>
The agent did not make a photocopy of my AA card. She did ask for me to bring in a copy of my AA statement, but I told her that that was too much trouble (2 hours of driving), so she just looked at my AA plat card. She had a printed list dictating what levels from other airlines translated to on DL. All she did was type something into the computer and tell me that I would now be DL gold. I checked online that evening, and was already gold on the DL site. If this comp needed higher authorization, they sure did it fast for a Friday afternoon.
Old Jun 5, 2002, 11:23 am

Programs: AA PLT/3MM, UA GM/1MM, DL DM/1MM, FB Plat, AS MVP Gold, WN AList+
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by johnep1:
All she did was type something into the computer and tell me that I would now be DL gold. I checked online that evening, and was already gold on the DL site. If this comp needed higher authorization, they sure did it fast for a Friday afternoon.</font>
I hate coming back to this again & again, but this is such a joke...to give CTO agents this decision making power says volumes about where DL has no problem making exceptions. I am really glad I am also 1K & AA Plat when this sort of info. comes out.
Old Jun 5, 2002, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
If only AA would recognize DL Platinum for something? Even AA Gold would be OK. &lt;sigh&gt;
Old Feb 16, 2003, 11:01 am

Delta Matching Status-Yes or No?

There's a long thread on this going back to last year but I need some recent current information.

Is Delta matching status earned on other airlines? At what levels? If so, how does one go about asking for Delta status?

Thanks very much.
Old Feb 16, 2003, 11:08 am

Programs: AIR: NONE, Hotel: Marriott PL, Hilton HHonors CC: Amex PLAT
Delta can't match status of other programs as their elite levels are no longer worth anything.
Old Feb 16, 2003, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
This thread was posted in MilesBuzz by B747 a while back and has grown to 4 pages. Apparently the early-birds did receive a comp. The latecomers had mixed results. Perhaps Sean can give you an update on whether DL is still matching status.
Old Feb 16, 2003, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Friend of mine just got comped DL Gold this month.

Her company switched its corporate contract and so she'll be flying DL more. They came through with the comp in ~ 48 hours.

[This message has been edited by gleff (edited 02-16-2003).]
Old Feb 16, 2003, 1:12 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Why bother? DL isn't all that great out of DEN.

Go with AA or NW; you won't regret it.
Old Feb 16, 2003, 1:53 pm

Location: DL: PM/2M; UA: 1K; AA: Plat/2MM; SQ: PPS; US: Plat; Starwood: Plat; Hilton: Diam Hyatt: Diam; Loews Plat; Avis: Chair.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by yknot:
Delta can't match status of other programs as their elite levels are no longer worth anything.</font>
Why do people keep saying this? I have top status on the major three and while Delta's Platinum was in my mind the clear best, now it has only dropped down to match the other two. There's a few trade offs, like no upgrades on super low fares vs. free club access but BFD.
Old Feb 16, 2003, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WorldPerks Demoted again to SE, DL 3.1MM Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Why would anyone want to comp to DL when DL Medallions are being screwed?
Old Feb 17, 2003, 8:08 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Rssrsvp:
Perhaps Sean can give you an update on whether DL is still matching status.</font>
I simply posted the thread as a heads up based on a flyer that a friend received. Andymo99 had already posted the same information here a couple days before, but it didn't get the same exposure for whatever reason.

I have gotten a handful of email from disgruntled FTers who are "holding me personally responsible" (at least they weren't threatening though, so thats a start!) for Delta failing to comp their status, so again I want to stress that I have nothing to do with that promo. Don't shoot the messenger.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.