Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 10, 2014, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bakrgby
All,

A wikipost seemed to be useful for this thread to help FTers find the most current infomation regarding DL's Status Match Challenge.

SKYMILES MEDALLION® STATUS MATCH CHALLENGE

Official Delta Site and Sign-Up

Status Match Period:
90 Days

MQM/MQS Qualifying Flights must be flown on Delta, Delta Connection or Partner Flights:
In order to extend your Medallion status after the 90 days, you'll need to earn a specific number of Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) within the 90 days of enrolling by flying Delta or Delta Connection®, and partner airlines.

Comparable Status:
  • DL Silver Medallion (FO) - AA Gold; UA Premier Silver; AS MVP
  • DL Gold Medallion (GM) - AA Platinum; UA Premier Gold; AS MVP Gold
  • DL Platinum Medallion (PM) - AA Executive Platinum; UA 1K; AS MVP Gold 75K
  • DL Diamond Medallion (DM) - DL does not typically match to DM.
    From dl.com: If you have status with another airline not listed above, you may still be eligible for this challenge. Please submit your information below to confirm eligibility.

MQM / MQS Requirement:
  • FO: 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs and $750MQD or MQD waiver
  • GM: 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs and $1500MQD or MQD waiver
  • PM: 18,750 MQMs or 25 MQSs and $2250MQD or MQD waiver
"MQMs/MQSs/MQDs earned through other sources, including but not limited to SkyMiles Credit Cards, do not count towards the challenge."

Criteria for Participation:
  • Member has not received a status match or complimentary Medallion status in the past three years
  • Is currently a non-Medallion member
  • Must present valid and current elite credential or statement showing elite status from another airline
  • Status being matched must be earned and not complementary.

Other Notes from dl.com:
  • A physical Medallion membership card will not be issued for the 90-day qualification period. You may enjoy Medallion benefits on Delta or Delta Connection by providing your SkyMiles number when making reservations or at check-in. You can also access your Membership Card through the Fly Delta app. During the 90-day period, you will not have access to all reciprocal Medallion benefits with Delta's partner airlines, including access to SkyTeam® lounges.
  • Members who are matched to Platinum Medallion status will not be eligible for Choice Benefits until the flight requirement to maintain Platinum Medallion status is met.
  • Through this offer, you may maintain the same or lower Medallion status level as your matched status. If you are matched to Silver Medallion status, you will not be able to earn Gold Medallion status through this offer, even if you will fly more than 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs during the offer period. But if you have been matched to Gold Medallion status and you only fly 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs, you will earn Silver Medallion status. Your Medallion status will be returned to non-Medallion status if you are unable to complete the minimum flight requirement before the end of the 90-day period.
  • Medallion status match is only offered for Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion levels.

When to request:
  • Requests from 1/1 - 6/30 will receive status through 1/31 of the following year.
  • Requests from 7/1 - 12/31 will receive status through 1/31 of the second year.

Corporate accounts:
Depending on your company's agreement with Delta, you may have different qualification requirements and/or an alternate method of requesting a status match or challenge. Check your company's intranet or travel manager.

Current Processing Time:
4-5 days as of July 31st 2022
Print Wikipost

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2021, 11:07 am

Is there confirmation that length of status is based on approval date, not application date? I have a flight on July 7 and want to apply, but should I wait until July 1?
Old Jul 2, 2021, 10:21 am

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
Data point...July application validated in 12.5 hours

Comments appreciated re "earn" definition although is suspect I know the answer. Return leg of trip may take me outside the 3 months...out of luck to acheive status match requirement if paid for but flown after 90 days? International flight gives 13,500 SQM and because not US resident dollar requirement I understand does not apply.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by testycal
Data point...July application validated in 12.5 hours
Wow that's super quick - it's been >24h for me so I guess it's very much YMMV.
Comments appreciated re "earn" definition although is suspect I know the answer. Return leg of trip may take me outside the 3 months...out of luck to acheive status match requirement if paid for but flown after 90 days? International flight gives 13,500 SQM and because not US resident dollar requirement I understand does not apply.
Everything is based on flown date so you'll be out of luck if the return flight is outside of the 90 day window.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by stargold
Wow that's super quick - it's been >24h for me so I guess it's very much YMMV.
Same here. Applied early yesterday morning, no response yet.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 1:04 pm

Programs: Various
Delta Replies With Requests For Info But Replies Are Rejected

I’ve applied for a status match. I’ve received several messages by Email stating “request received” each with different case numbers.

today received a non robotic message requesting screen shots of proof as the originals were not legible (screen shots from iPhone not legible ?).

the messages I replied to (following the instructions) have rejected as undeliverable from Delta’s server. WTH?

does anybody have a direct email ? I tried calling but 3 hour wait. I tried texting, but that system is a joke. Holy cow, what kind of insanity will I be dealing with, as this is off to a poor start ! Any advice from anyone ?

phone numbers…email….etc

Last edited by Robt760; Jul 2, 2021 at 3:35 pm
Old Jul 2, 2021, 2:59 pm

Applied July 1 around 6am PT, no reply yet. My flights start July 5th so fingers crossed.
AndieNarwhal likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 4:33 am

Wow that's super quick - it's been >24h for me so I guess it's very much YMMV.Everything is based on flown date so you'll be out of luck if the return flight is outside of the 90 day window.
Now approved for Plat challenge (just under 48 hours from applying).
Old Jul 3, 2021, 9:30 am

Now approved for Plat challenge (just under 48 hours from applying).
same here! Exciting.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by olouie
same here! Exciting.
Me too!
Old Jul 4, 2021, 6:19 am

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
Any ideas?

Any suggestions for a creative way to get from TLV YVR in July for example and generate 12500 MQM one way as it appears my return trip is outside the 3 months trial period....other than purchasing an expensive fare. Sadly, the return trip in economy outside the 3 months generates 14000 MQM that would retain Gold and it appears I cannot change my dates...not yet booked.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 7:46 am

Premium Eco should generally be somewhat manageable in terms of cost and it would give you 1.5x MQM (and even more if you fly on DL metal) so I suggest looking for an itinerary which incorporates those two aspects.

EDIT: In fact, you can find fares on DL to SEA for around USD 2.1k roundtrip in Premium Economy, and then you can just pick up a separate flight up to YVR. The one-way is around 8000 flown miles, so with x1.5 for PY and x1.75 for Accelerator, you will easily clear 12,500.

Last edited by stargold; Jul 4, 2021 at 8:04 am
Old Jul 4, 2021, 3:38 pm

Programs: Avios, TrueBlue, FlyingBlue, Mileage Plan, Bonvoy, World of Hyatt, AAdvantage
Is there a way to check the progress of the Delta status match? When I did the status match with AA, it told me exactly how far along I was with the match with a deadline to complete the match. With Delta, I don't see anything and nobody picks up the phone when I try to call.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 8:04 am

Think you'll need to track it manually; here's a spreadsheet I used a couple years ago:
Attached Images  
ussvalor likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2021, 3:58 pm

Do MQMs/MQDs from award travel count toward the challenge given that these count toward Medallion status this year?
Old Jul 5, 2021, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by brosnan6
Apologies if this has been asked/answered but I was unable to find anything after a few different searches and I wanted to be crystal clear on an answer. With the regular public status challenge I'm aware of the language that award tickets don't count towards the challenge qualifications ("Travel on Award Tickets does not qualify for this offer" per the T&Cs). However, what happens now with the accelerators for 2021 where award tickets DO receive MQMs/MQDs -- do those indeed count towards challenge qualification? I see in the FAQs on the accelerator page that "Will the bonuses count towards Challenges or other promotions to earn Status? Yes, all MQMs, MQSs and MQDs earned will count towards promotions and Challenges"

While the language between the two pages is conflicting, it does indeed seem like award tickets should count for challenge qualification at least for 2021. So it does seem like I should be in the clear, I'm still concerned about the language conflict and which page/T&C takes precedence.

Anybody have evidence to support that award MQMs/MQDs are indeed counting for challenges in 2021? Both my wife and I want to do challenges starting 7/1 (in order to get status for full year 2022, assuming same rules as in the past hold true about starting the challenge in 2nd half of a year) but we have a mix of paid and award travel
Was there any update to this IF award travel will count toward the challenge? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.