Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 10, 2014, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bakrgby
All,

A wikipost seemed to be useful for this thread to help FTers find the most current infomation regarding DL's Status Match Challenge.

SKYMILES MEDALLION® STATUS MATCH CHALLENGE

Official Delta Site and Sign-Up

Status Match Period:
90 Days

MQM/MQS Qualifying Flights must be flown on Delta, Delta Connection or Partner Flights:
In order to extend your Medallion status after the 90 days, you'll need to earn a specific number of Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) within the 90 days of enrolling by flying Delta or Delta Connection®, and partner airlines.

Comparable Status:
  • DL Silver Medallion (FO) - AA Gold; UA Premier Silver; AS MVP
  • DL Gold Medallion (GM) - AA Platinum; UA Premier Gold; AS MVP Gold
  • DL Platinum Medallion (PM) - AA Executive Platinum; UA 1K; AS MVP Gold 75K
  • DL Diamond Medallion (DM) - DL does not typically match to DM.
    From dl.com: If you have status with another airline not listed above, you may still be eligible for this challenge. Please submit your information below to confirm eligibility.

MQM / MQS Requirement:
  • FO: 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs and $750MQD or MQD waiver
  • GM: 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs and $1500MQD or MQD waiver
  • PM: 18,750 MQMs or 25 MQSs and $2250MQD or MQD waiver
"MQMs/MQSs/MQDs earned through other sources, including but not limited to SkyMiles Credit Cards, do not count towards the challenge."

Criteria for Participation:
  • Member has not received a status match or complimentary Medallion status in the past three years
  • Is currently a non-Medallion member
  • Must present valid and current elite credential or statement showing elite status from another airline
  • Status being matched must be earned and not complementary.

Other Notes from dl.com:
  • A physical Medallion membership card will not be issued for the 90-day qualification period. You may enjoy Medallion benefits on Delta or Delta Connection by providing your SkyMiles number when making reservations or at check-in. You can also access your Membership Card through the Fly Delta app. During the 90-day period, you will not have access to all reciprocal Medallion benefits with Delta's partner airlines, including access to SkyTeam® lounges.
  • Members who are matched to Platinum Medallion status will not be eligible for Choice Benefits until the flight requirement to maintain Platinum Medallion status is met.
  • Through this offer, you may maintain the same or lower Medallion status level as your matched status. If you are matched to Silver Medallion status, you will not be able to earn Gold Medallion status through this offer, even if you will fly more than 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs during the offer period. But if you have been matched to Gold Medallion status and you only fly 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs, you will earn Silver Medallion status. Your Medallion status will be returned to non-Medallion status if you are unable to complete the minimum flight requirement before the end of the 90-day period.
  • Medallion status match is only offered for Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion levels.

When to request:
  • Requests from 1/1 - 6/30 will receive status through 1/31 of the following year.
  • Requests from 7/1 - 12/31 will receive status through 1/31 of the second year.

Corporate accounts:
Depending on your company's agreement with Delta, you may have different qualification requirements and/or an alternate method of requesting a status match or challenge. Check your company's intranet or travel manager.

Current Processing Time:
4-5 days as of July 31st 2022
Print Wikipost

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2019, 12:55 am

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
Originally Posted by BradFlight
Looks like I'm in the same boat as you @steve64, did you have any success?
I just sent back 6 screenshots/photos of membership cards, mobile screenshots, web screenshots etc that listed my 2019 status as Gold 75K including an email of my Alaska Airlines "eStatement", which is really nothing more than a newsletter, but it does show my name and 2019 status and is the only "Statement" Alaska sends.
If that doesn't work, I'll send multi page PDF of all my flight activity from 2018 that was used to earn 2019 status.
I'll update what I hear back from DL.
I only this week sent in my 2nd request.
I repeated the copy of 3 years worth of AS cards showing Elite status as well as the "flight status" page that everyone says is all I need to show
Said "flight status" shows I'm currently AS 75K, and so far this year have 40K+ EQMS, on track to requalify this year.
But despite everyone saying that's all I need, it wasn't.

So this time I also sent in the last 4 webpages of specific flights. This would be all of 2019, 2018 and cutoff the end of 2017 flying.
The problem I see with this is that I qualified by mostly flying paid (discount) First Class which earns EQM at a 175% rate. There is nothing on the "detail" from the AS web that shows "paid F" or the EQM bonus. It only shows the RDM and bonus RDM.
So if DL decides to add all the 2018 flights, they still aren't going to get to 75K.

I'm hoping I just got a strict agent on my 1st review (or they misread the data I sent, etc) and that my denial was incorrect.
It's sad that the on-line request has no place to mention any notes to explain your case. Nor does the denial letter ask (or allow) for any additional info.
The denial letter as written essentially says: We think you're lying, get lost, we don't want your business. End of discussion.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 5:40 am
Suspended

So I've been accepted for the PM challenge. Looking at a few bookings, it doesn't seem to have any impact on seat reservations or upgrades yet.

E.g., I am on DL164 (booked as codeshare KL6060, booking class R). I can't assign myself a good seat. Comfort+ is completely blacked out in the app, so are almost all decent seats in main cabin.

I don't understand what going on. The flight's not busy and according to Expertflyer, at least a bunch of decent seats in main cabin should be available. The flight in question is in about two weeks.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 7:01 am

Have you only received the first e-mail, stating Delta has received your request, or the second e-mail, stating you've been approved?
Old Aug 18, 2019, 7:10 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by speed.skater
So I've been accepted for the PM challenge. Looking at a few bookings, it doesn't seem to have any impact on seat reservations or upgrades yet.

E.g., I am on DL164 (booked as codeshare KL6060, booking class R). I can't assign myself a good seat. Comfort+ is completely blacked out in the app, so are almost all decent seats in main cabin.

I don't understand what going on. The flight's not busy and according to Expertflyer, at least a bunch of decent seats in main cabin should be available. The flight in question is in about two weeks.
If it's booked as a codeshare you aren't eligible for upgrades until day of departure.
speed.skater likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 8:38 am

Programs: AA EP
Originally Posted by Artmasterx
I just did the equivalent of HUCA on Twitter DM (delete old DM thread and start a new one) and got an amazing CSR this time around (identifier "TST").
[...]
So don't give up on Twitter yet! I am not sure what the odds of getting someone what will be willing to email the Status Match Challenge Department, but if you do and have a good reason for expedited consideration, it seems possible.
Just an FYI, this does not erase it on their end, they still have full view of previous conversational history:
"When you delete a Direct Message or leave a conversation (sent or received), it is deleted from your account only. Others in the conversation will still be able to see Direct Messages or conversations that you have deleted."

(Twitter help docs)
They use Lithium/Khoros, which also retains full history of communication.
You'd need to start a new Twitter account to achieve what you suggested : (
Zorak likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 5:33 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat
Originally Posted by Artmasterx
I am matching from United Platinum. I gave them a scan of the front and back of my physical membership card, and then a screen shot of my 2018 earning summary. I think the problem probably was than the earning summary gives your FF# as something like XXXX123 instead of showing the full number, so that was probably grounds for denial, even though it had my name and the name and last digits of the screenshot matched my membership card. (though they did not specifically say why it was denied).

I resubmitted with just about everything relevant I could print off the website. United doesn't seem to provide proper monthly or yearly statements anymore, so there is not a simple document that seems to hit what they ask for. But hopefully my resubmission will get reviewed and approved this week...
Well, wish I had read this before submitting because I'm matching from United Gold and submitted the exact same documentation. Seems like we submitted everything they wanted - valid current credential and evidence that the status was earned, not complimentary.

Think it's worth trying to contact them to add documentation? I would really prefer not to wait 2 weeks just to have it denied and have to resubmit again.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 6:19 pm

Programs: Delta
Status Match Progress

So I'm in the middle of a Delta Platinum Status Challenge that runs 7/13 - 10/13

I know how many MQM and MQD I have to get in order to keep Platinum Status, my question is, how do I track my progress?

Or even better, how would Delta track it?

I can see my overall progress on the website chart, but that also includes in the flights I took before the challenge.

Say I'm calculating to get over 18,750 miles, but maybe I missed a flight and will only end up getting 18,500 before the deadline? how would I know?

I was in the middle of a round trip flight when the status started, so I'm concerned my flight back won't count. Or will it? I don't want to mis-calculate my MQD and MQM off that.

Especially is keeping Platinum hangs in the balance.

I would love to know!

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 18, 2019, 6:22 pm

1) Assume worst case, the return you mention doesn't count; account for that
2) You'll get an e-mail from Delta when you've completed the challenge; keep flying until then
Old Aug 18, 2019, 7:38 pm

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by dmbolp
1) Assume worst case, the return you mention doesn't count; account for that
2) You'll get an e-mail from Delta when you've completed the challenge; keep flying until then
When do I get the email from Delta?

24 hours after my last qualifying flight?
Old Aug 18, 2019, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Delta GM, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz President's Circle
Wanted to report a quicker (than recently reported) turnaround.

AA ExPlat. Requested 8/8, approved 8/17. PM status shows in app and online on 8/18.

Supplied a screenshot of my Apple Wallet status card and a the on-demand online generated statement from AA showing ~$13k spend, 48 segments and 44k miles YTD.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 1:50 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Well this was different than I expected. I’m guessing something might have to do with the very large company I work for (there is a field in the submission process asking for company) who has a corporate contract with DL but.. I was accepted into the challenge within 24 hours of my request. No need to submit any additional info. Looking forward to my first trip (a steal at $2K YVR-SEA-LHR; NUE-CDG-YVR in business) as a Plat on DL!

Last edited by noah; Aug 21, 2019 at 7:15 pm Reason: Updated
Old Aug 20, 2019, 2:10 pm

Programs: UA platinum
Originally Posted by jm0933
Well, wish I had read this before submitting because I'm matching from United Gold and submitted the exact same documentation. Seems like we submitted everything they wanted - valid current credential and evidence that the status was earned, not complimentary.

Think it's worth trying to contact them to add documentation? I would really prefer not to wait 2 weeks just to have it denied and have to resubmit again.
I suppose you could try to reply with additional docs to status match auto-reply email that had the subject "Auto Reply - Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge Request Received (KMM93657....." and the case number in the email. All of my emails with them had those same identifiers, so I am sure that is how they track the submissions.

Maybe the email management system is smart enough to group them together so that the evaluator can see both submissions when they get around to looking at it. I can't imagine it would hurt anything, but I guess it could send you to the back of the line or do something funky.

Anyone else have any insights?
Old Aug 20, 2019, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Anyone here that's OZ Diamond that applied for a Delta status challenge? If so, which documents did you sent to DL? My problem is that I'll become OZ Diamond only after I complete all of my scheduled flights by the end of September. I probably won't have much of a detailed summary of my history of OZ. I'm not sure if this will complicate things or not.

If DL approves and grant me a status challenge, do I have to accrue the MQMs by flying DL metal? I'm getting conflicting information on this. One site said I have to earn the MQM by flying DL metal and another said I just need to earn the MQM from any ST member. I would prefer the latter as I have a MU flight for November that I hope would count towards meeting the requirement. My MU flights are T and B-fares if that help. I have a MQD waiver in my account.

Assuming I meet the requirement to extend DL Gold from the 3 months that's granted, how much more MQMs would I need to earn before the end of the calendar year to become DL Platinum? I'm assuming 25,000 MQM since that's the difference between DL Gold and DL Platinum?
gooselee likes this.

Last edited by lsquare; Aug 20, 2019 at 2:31 pm
Old Aug 20, 2019, 4:57 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by lsquare
Anyone here that's OZ Diamond that applied for a Delta status challenge? If so, which documents did you sent to DL? My problem is that I'll become OZ Diamond only after I complete all of my scheduled flights by the end of September. I probably won't have much of a detailed summary of my history of OZ. I'm not sure if this will complicate things or not.
can't answer this, but...

If DL approves and grant me a status challenge, do I have to accrue the MQMs by flying DL metal?
Didn't we already discuss this upthread in posts 2508-2510? The DL site is pretty clear. The email you receive upon successfully being registered should be pretty clear too.

Assuming I meet the requirement to extend DL Gold from the 3 months that's granted, how much more MQMs would I need to earn before the end of the calendar year to become DL Platinum? I'm assuming 25,000 MQM since that's the difference between DL Gold and DL Platinum?
Completing a challenge is a fast track to the level you were challenging for; it does NOT grant you a head start on the next level. If you fly 12,500 MQMs to complete a Gold challenge you will still need to earn 62,500 more MQMs in the same year for a total of 75k+ to earn Platinum. (and satisfy the MQD requirement but if you have the foreign waiver that won't apply to you)
lsquare and gooselee like this.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Zorak
can't answer this, but...

Didn't we already discuss this upthread in posts 2508-2510? The DL site is pretty clear. The email you receive upon successfully being registered should be pretty clear too.

Completing a challenge is a fast track to the level you were challenging for; it does NOT grant you a head start on the next level. If you fly 12,500 MQMs to complete a Gold challenge you will still need to earn 62,500 more MQMs in the same year for a total of 75k+ to earn Platinum. (and satisfy the MQD requirement but if you have the foreign waiver that won't apply to you)
Aw man, I don't know what I was on. I thought my questions weren't addressed before. Thanks for answering them again. I feel relived knowing that my fall flight with MU should count. I have roughly two months to get DL to offer me a status challenge. If I qualify by then, just that t-pac flight will satisfy DL's requirement for Gold.

Given how little time we have until the end of the year and since DL offers MQM rollover, let's say I fly exactly 12,500 miles to qualify for DL Gold until January 2021. Then I fly another 25,000 miles before the end of the calendar year for a grand total of 37,500 MQM, how much MQM will rollover into next year for status qualifications? Obviously 37,500 MQMs won't qualify me for DL Platinum so I'll end the year as DL Gold.

Yes, I'm very fortunate to have a MQD waiver. Let's hope DL allows me to keep that for life!
gooselee likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.