Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 22, 19, 8:27 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Zorak
Wiki Link
All,

A wikipost seemed to be useful for this thread to help FTers find the most current infomation regarding DL's Status Match Challenge.

SKYMILES MEDALLION® STATUS MATCH CHALLENGE

Official Delta Site and Sign-Up

Status Match Period:
90 Days

MQM/MQS Qualifying Flights must be flown on Delta, Delta Connection or Partner Flights:
In order to extend your Medallion status after the 90 days, you'll need to earn a specific number of Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) within the 90 days of enrolling by flying Delta or Delta Connection®, and partner airlines.

Comparable Status:
  • DL Silver Medallion (FO) - AA Gold; UA Premier Silver; AS MVP
  • DL Gold Medallion (GM) - AA Platinum; UA Premier Gold; AS MVP Gold
  • DL Platinum Medallion (PM) - AA Executive Platinum; UA 1K; AS MVP Gold 75K
  • DL Diamond Medallion (DM) - DL does not typically match to DM.
    From dl.com: If you have status with another airline not listed above, you may still be eligible for this challenge. Please submit your information below to confirm eligibility.

MQM / MQS Requirement:
  • FO: 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs and $750MQD or MQD waiver
  • GM: 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs and $1500MQD or MQD waiver
  • PM: 18,750 MQMs or 25 MQSs and $2250MQD or MQD waiver
"MQMs/MQSs/MQDs earned through other sources, including but not limited to SkyMiles Credit Cards, do not count towards the challenge."

Criteria for Participation:
  • Member has not received a status match or complimentary Medallion status in the past three years
  • Is currently a non-Medallion member
  • Must present valid and current elite credential or statement showing elite status from another airline
  • Status being matched must be earned and not complementary.

Other Notes from dl.com:
  • A physical Medallion membership card will not be issued for the 90-day qualification period. You may enjoy Medallion benefits on Delta or Delta Connection by providing your SkyMiles number when making reservations or at check-in. You can also access your Membership Card through the Fly Delta app. During the 90-day period, you will not have access to all reciprocal Medallion benefits with Delta's partner airlines, including access to SkyTeam® lounges.
  • Members who are matched to Platinum Medallion status will not be eligible for Choice Benefits until the flight requirement to maintain Platinum Medallion status is met.
  • Through this offer, you may maintain the same or lower Medallion status level as your matched status. If you are matched to Silver Medallion status, you will not be able to earn Gold Medallion status through this offer, even if you will fly more than 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs during the offer period. But if you have been matched to Gold Medallion status and you only fly 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs, you will earn Silver Medallion status. Your Medallion status will be returned to non-Medallion status if you are unable to complete the minimum flight requirement before the end of the 90-day period.
  • Medallion status match is only offered for Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion levels.

When to request:
  • Requests from 1/1 - 6/30 will receive status through 1/31 of the following year.
  • Requests from 7/1 - 12/31 will receive status through 1/31 of the second year.

Corporate accounts:
Depending on your company's agreement with Delta, you may have different qualification requirements and/or an alternate method of requesting a status match or challenge. Check your company's intranet or travel manager.

Current Processing Time:
13+ days as of July 18th 2019
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 8, 19, 4:33 am

Programs: UA Gold, IHG Platinum
Delta Status Challenge - How long will it take to get a response?

Bit of a dilemma here:

I usually fly United for work and pleasure as it's typically the cheapest of the legacy carriers out of MCI to the destinations I'm flying. However, I just got pulled into a trip for work where Delta is actually the cheapest, by quite alot, enough that I can't book any other airline.

Combined with the fact that Delta is my company's preferred airline for travel from our corporate HQ, where I'll likely be moving this year, it seems logical to start a status challenge and apply this trip towards it. It's an expensive ticket and gets me most of the way to the MQD requirement for Gold, and I can make up the rest of the MQMs via personal travel.

However, the trip is tomorrow. Anybody who's done a status challenge with Delta, how long did it take to get approved after you submitted your credentials? Would it help to call? Also, if I were to apply and not get approved prior to my trip, could I call and cancel the challenge without losing my eligibility to match within the next 3 years?

If I can't get it in time for this trip, I won't start it now, since I don't have enough personal travel on Delta planned to support both the MQD and MQM match requirements in the next 3 months. Worst case scenario I would match after I move, probably in the fall.

Thanks for your help.
Old Jan 8, 19, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Within the last three month's post I see just one to give you a sliver of hope for same-day response. Thread merged.

3Cforme - Delta Forum Moderator
Old Jan 9, 19, 3:13 pm

Just as a data point, submitted for Plat challenge 1/4/19, approved (?) 1/9/19.

Curiously, my status says, 2019 Status: PLATINUM MEDALLION FEB 01 2019 — APR 10 2019

Is status not granted the same day? I have some award tix in late Jan that I want to re-deposit (for free hopefully) and change to revenue tickets for the challenge.
Thanks for any input!
Old Jan 9, 19, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by scheister View Post
Just as a data point, submitted for Plat challenge 1/4/19, approved (?) 1/9/19.

Curiously, my status says, 2019 Status: PLATINUM MEDALLION FEB 01 2019 — APR 10 2019

Is status not granted the same day? I have some award tix in late Jan that I want to re-deposit (for free hopefully) and change to revenue tickets for the challenge.
Thanks for any input!
You should've been given status from 1/9/19-1/31/19 for the 2018 qualifying year and then 02/01/19-04/10/19 for the 2019 qualifying year. You should see this status reflected soon, at most by tomorrow.
Old Jan 13, 19, 9:21 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, 6C AMB, HH Silver
Delta status match using partner airlines

Hi all,

So I’m a UA 1K, but just got transferred to a decidedly unfriendly StarAlliance country (MEXICO). Looks like I’ll be on AeroMexico quite a bit.

I was thinking of doing the Delta status match, but am wondering if the miles/segments on AeroMexico will count toward the match requirements.

Thoughts? Thanks!
Old Jan 13, 19, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, TR 7*, SPG/MR Plat, UA 1K
Originally Posted by model_un View Post
Hi all,

So I’m a UA 1K, but just got transferred to a decidedly unfriendly StarAlliance country (MEXICO). Looks like I’ll be on AeroMexico quite a bit.

I was thinking of doing the Delta status match, but am wondering if the miles/segments on AeroMexico will count toward the match requirements.

Thoughts? Thanks!
https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...challenge.html

"What flights can I earn MQMs, MQSs or MQDs on for this challenge?

MQMs, MQSs and MQDs earned on Delta- and Delta Connection-operated flights will count towards this challenge. MQMs, MQSs and MQDs may also be earned on partner airline flights that are eligible to earn MQMs, MQSs and MQDs. Visit Airline Partners to learn more about what flights qualify."

Note the MQD requirement as well.
Old Jan 13, 19, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat, 6C AMB, HH Silver
Thank you Zorak.

I'm stationed overseas, so my plan is to request the MQD waiver.

Thanks!

FF
Old Jan 17, 19, 3:29 pm
nrr

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; 2MM AA Delta Platinum
Platinum challenge question

I just started my plat. Challenge., the email I initially received noted that for the 3 month period I would need 18,750 mqm and $2250 mqd. For my acct on www.delta.com the progress chart shows that I need 25,000 mqm and $3,000 mqd for my targets, I would like to sort out the discrepancy now, is there a special dept. I should contact?
Old Jan 17, 19, 3:37 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by nrr View Post
I just started my plat. Challenge., the email I initially received noted that for the 3 month period I would need 18,750 mqm and $2250 mqd. For my acct on www.delta.com the progress chart shows that I need 25,000 mqm and $3,000 mqd for my targets, I would like to sort out the discrepancy now, is there a special dept. I should contact?
The 25K MQM / 3K MQD is the standard threshold for Silver Medallion qualification. I've never tried a challenge myself, but I would assume tracking your progress against the terms of your challenge is up to you.
FlightNurse and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Jan 18, 19, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, OW Emerald, IHG Gold Ambassador, National Emerald Executive, Fairmont PC Premier
DL granted my Platinum challenge, and it expires in 2 weeks. I still need the full ~18K (stupid Xmas break killing all my travel). I have the MQD exemption, being in Canada. Home airport is YVR, so easy for me to get to SEA.

Anyone have any suggestions? Willing to do a multi-day run anywhere in the world to meet the challenge. Obviously would prefer J, but will deal with whatever I can get to make it happen.
Old Jan 18, 19, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT, Bonvoy PLT +, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RichVan View Post
DL granted my Platinum challenge, and it expires in 2 weeks. I still need the full ~18K (stupid Xmas break killing all my travel). I have the MQD exemption, being in Canada. Home airport is YVR, so easy for me to get to SEA.

Anyone have any suggestions? Willing to do a multi-day run anywhere in the world to meet the challenge. Obviously would prefer J, but will deal with whatever I can get to make it happen.
What are you asking? You want someone to put a trip together for you???
Old Jan 18, 19, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA PLT, Amex Plat

Did you not have a plan for how you were going to obtain the miles at the time you requested the challenge? Why not execute that? You've waited until the final two weeks of a 90 day challenge? Seriously?

Regards
Old Jan 18, 19, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, TR 7*, SPG/MR Plat, UA 1K
Originally Posted by FlightNurse View Post
If so: DL/Sky Team: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed
TravelLawyer likes this.
Old Jan 18, 19, 6:31 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, OW Emerald, IHG Gold Ambassador, National Emerald Executive, Fairmont PC Premier
Originally Posted by scubadu View Post
Did you not have a plan for how you were going to obtain the miles at the time you requested the challenge? Why not execute that? You've waited until the final two weeks of a 90 day challenge? Seriously?

Regards
No need to be rude. Why did I do it? Because my AA status expires at the end of this month so it was put in for a challenge now or never. I was hoping my schedule would allow me to get it done earlier... but it didn't.

Originally Posted by FlightNurse View Post
I was asking for tips. "Take a look at multi-segment runs through X. There are always good deals on carrier Y through Z." For example, for a couple of years on American you could do a huge multi-segment multi-day run through Panama City in J for a lot of status miles for cheap (I did 7 segments over 2.5 days for under 1K USD). Just wondered if there was anything like that kicking around (since dollars don't matter in my case).

I didn't realize the DL subforum was so hostile.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Jan 19, 19, 8:12 am

Programs: AA PLT, Amex Plat
No need to be rude. Why did I do it? Because my AA status expires at the end of this month so it was put in for a challenge now or never. I was hoping my schedule would allow me to get it done earlier... but it didn't.
Nobody is trying to be rude or hostile, but at the same time what research have you done? As you might imagine, in a forum as large as FT, this same type of thread happens frequently (constantly, actually). Some of us have grown weary of being asked to be someone's personal Google, when it appears they haven't made even the most basic attempt to "learn to fish." I understand you were busy; we're all busy believe it or not, but 90 days is still a good long time to have crafted a plan and strategy. And you could have asked the question (with hopefully at least some basic research) a long time ago, where there was actually still some runway to be helpful. So, I'm not trying to be rude, but I also just don't have much sympathy for people that procrastinate a well known in advance deadline until the very last moment. This wasn't a "surprise;" the end date was known at the moment you received the challenge.

So before you ask other posters to do the work for you, what have you done? Have you reviewed the Premium Fare/Mileage run forum for DL (and partner) opportunities? Have you fired up ITA matrix and at least played around with some options from your nearest airport to see what might be possible, given your constraints? And again, I'll ask the question, did you not at least have some cursory idea/plan for how you would acheive the challenge when you made the request? If yes, why can't you execute on that plan? 18K MQM in 90 days is still a pretty big lift, surely you at least had something in mind when you requested the challenge?!

I didn't realize the DL subforum was so hostile.
Well, then you must not spend much time on FT. This forum is certainly no more or less hostile than any other high volume posting forum on FT.

Good luck on the challenge, clock it ticking...

Regards
sapguy, FlightNurse and BenA like this.

Search this Thread