Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 10, 2014, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bakrgby
All,

A wikipost seemed to be useful for this thread to help FTers find the most current infomation regarding DL's Status Match Challenge.

SKYMILES MEDALLION® STATUS MATCH CHALLENGE

Official Delta Site and Sign-Up

Status Match Period:
90 Days

MQM/MQS Qualifying Flights must be flown on Delta, Delta Connection or Partner Flights:
In order to extend your Medallion status after the 90 days, you'll need to earn a specific number of Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) within the 90 days of enrolling by flying Delta or Delta Connection®, and partner airlines.

Comparable Status:
  • DL Silver Medallion (FO) - AA Gold; UA Premier Silver; AS MVP
  • DL Gold Medallion (GM) - AA Platinum; UA Premier Gold; AS MVP Gold
  • DL Platinum Medallion (PM) - AA Executive Platinum; UA 1K; AS MVP Gold 75K
  • DL Diamond Medallion (DM) - DL does not typically match to DM.
    From dl.com: If you have status with another airline not listed above, you may still be eligible for this challenge. Please submit your information below to confirm eligibility.

MQM / MQS Requirement:
  • FO: 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs and $750MQD or MQD waiver
  • GM: 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs and $1500MQD or MQD waiver
  • PM: 18,750 MQMs or 25 MQSs and $2250MQD or MQD waiver
"MQMs/MQSs/MQDs earned through other sources, including but not limited to SkyMiles Credit Cards, do not count towards the challenge."

Criteria for Participation:
  • Member has not received a status match or complimentary Medallion status in the past three years
  • Is currently a non-Medallion member
  • Must present valid and current elite credential or statement showing elite status from another airline
  • Status being matched must be earned and not complementary.

Other Notes from dl.com:
  • A physical Medallion membership card will not be issued for the 90-day qualification period. You may enjoy Medallion benefits on Delta or Delta Connection by providing your SkyMiles number when making reservations or at check-in. You can also access your Membership Card through the Fly Delta app. During the 90-day period, you will not have access to all reciprocal Medallion benefits with Delta's partner airlines, including access to SkyTeam® lounges.
  • Members who are matched to Platinum Medallion status will not be eligible for Choice Benefits until the flight requirement to maintain Platinum Medallion status is met.
  • Through this offer, you may maintain the same or lower Medallion status level as your matched status. If you are matched to Silver Medallion status, you will not be able to earn Gold Medallion status through this offer, even if you will fly more than 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs during the offer period. But if you have been matched to Gold Medallion status and you only fly 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs, you will earn Silver Medallion status. Your Medallion status will be returned to non-Medallion status if you are unable to complete the minimum flight requirement before the end of the 90-day period.
  • Medallion status match is only offered for Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion levels.

When to request:
  • Requests from 1/1 - 6/30 will receive status through 1/31 of the following year.
  • Requests from 7/1 - 12/31 will receive status through 1/31 of the second year.

Corporate accounts:
Depending on your company's agreement with Delta, you may have different qualification requirements and/or an alternate method of requesting a status match or challenge. Check your company's intranet or travel manager.

Current Processing Time:
4-5 days as of July 31st 2022
Print Wikipost

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by Gig103
Not that it plays into my decision to match, but I'm curious - since it says I'd have complimentary FO during my 90 day period, does that mean I'll get bonus MQM miles? I'm flying ~12000mi on an exception fare in business class which is worth 18500 SM with the 1.5x class of service. Will I also get the 40% bonus?
I thought I'd follow up to my own question. For my AF ticketed exception fare, which was the one that qualified me for the challenge, I did get the 40% silver medallion bonus on my flights. I wouldn't have counted on them but it was nice to receive!
Old Sep 3, 2018, 9:33 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott platinum.
A little desperate

Hello!!

I uploaded my united documentation 10 days ago and at the moment i dont have a resolution, i called and i sent tweets to follow up the process without success. The next week i will take 6 segments thats the reason why i need to conclude the process.

Recomendations?? Thanks!!
Old Sep 3, 2018, 11:22 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Manolo RM
Hello!!

I uploaded my united documentation 10 days ago and at the moment i dont have a resolution, i called and i sent tweets to follow up the process without success. The next week i will take 6 segments thats the reason why i need to conclude the process.

Recomendations?? Thanks!!

It looks like they are rather busy now as processing is talong longer.

Hope it works put for you, I am in a similar situation and fly on Friday with no word from Delta
Old Sep 4, 2018, 12:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium + LT Gold
Does Delta allow status challenges like AA? I’m moving to SLC later this month and will be flying back to LAX every weekend until the end of the year. Will they allow me to earn status through a status challenge?

I was AA Plat 2 years ago, but did not travel at all last year so won’t quality for a match. 2019 will be very busy for me, and I’d really like to get an early start on the status if possible.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 2:37 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by festriaqua
Does Delta allow status challenges like AA? I’m moving to SLC later this month and will be flying back to LAX every weekend until the end of the year. Will they allow me to earn status through a status challenge?

I was AA Plat 2 years ago, but did not travel at all last year so won’t quality for a match. 2019 will be very busy for me, and I’d really like to get an early start on the status if possible.

Do you have ANY status on ANY airline currently?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 4:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium + LT Gold
Originally Posted by kauppias
Do you have ANY status on ANY airline currently?
No
Old Sep 4, 2018, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by festriaqua
No
Then as far as I understand it the DL match wont work for you.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 9:13 am

Too much time

It looks like they are rather busy now as processing is talong longer.

Hope it works put for you, I am in a similar situation and fly on Friday with no word from Delta
when you sent your documentation?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 11:00 am

when you sent your documentation?

I sent my documentation in Aug 25. This morning I sent them a DM via Twitter asking if they had a long processing order, after some verification the twitter rep said she/he would check with the departmwnt when they opened. To Be ight I received a response that my challenge starts today.

So a little reminder could have helped
Old Sep 4, 2018, 11:34 am

Good!

I sent my documentation in Aug 25. This morning I sent them a DM via Twitter asking if they had a long processing order, after some verification the twitter rep said she/he would check with the departmwnt when they opened. To Be ight I received a response that my challenge starts today.

So a little reminder could have helped
so you received the confirmation today??? i sent my documentation the same day but i didn´t received the confirmation yet.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 11:36 am

so you received the confirmation today??? i sent my documentation the same day but i didn´t received the confirmation yet.

Yes, a few hours ago. Perhaps send the DL twitter team a gentle reminder
Old Sep 13, 2018, 12:19 pm

Curious as to when people received the email with terms of their match.

I submitted a match challenge 9 days ago, and having heard nothing took the suggestion from here and DM’d the @Delta Twitter account. The good news is that they were able to trigger a response for me, and I got an email yesterday saying that my match had been approved and that my status would be active and that I’d get an email about the terms today.

Logged in today, and sure enough I’m Silver (coming from JetBlue Mosaic), but no sign of the actual terms for my challenge. Before I send another DM, has anyone experience a delay between their match and getting the actual terms of it via email?
Old Sep 13, 2018, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by sogrady
Curious as to when people received the email with terms of their match.

I submitted a match challenge 9 days ago, and having heard nothing took the suggestion from here and DM’d the @Delta Twitter account. The good news is that they were able to trigger a response for me, and I got an email yesterday saying that my match had been approved and that my status would be active and that I’d get an email about the terms today.

Logged in today, and sure enough I’m Silver (coming from JetBlue Mosaic), but no sign of the actual terms for my challenge. Before I send another DM, has anyone experience a delay between their match and getting the actual terms of it via email?
The email with terms came to me about 48hrs after my status changed
Old Sep 13, 2018, 12:25 pm

Great to know, thanks! Will give it another few days.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 2:15 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Status Match helped?

We status matched to Gold based on UA documentation, which may have come into play this weekend. We were in Tokyo with with Delta One reservations. Knowing the inevitability of Typhoon Trami affecting our flight, if not our well-being, I called in before the official travel waiver was issued. After being on hold with a foreign call center for 40 minutes, I was transferred to a SLC supervisor. When I explained the situation, he said he would take care of us, and changed our ticket without charge fee. Not sure whether status played a role, or just really good customer service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.