Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 10, 2014, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bakrgby
All,

A wikipost seemed to be useful for this thread to help FTers find the most current infomation regarding DL's Status Match Challenge.

SKYMILES MEDALLION® STATUS MATCH CHALLENGE

Official Delta Site and Sign-Up

Status Match Period:
90 Days

MQM/MQS Qualifying Flights must be flown on Delta, Delta Connection or Partner Flights:
In order to extend your Medallion status after the 90 days, you'll need to earn a specific number of Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) within the 90 days of enrolling by flying Delta or Delta Connection®, and partner airlines.

Comparable Status:
  • DL Silver Medallion (FO) - AA Gold; UA Premier Silver; AS MVP
  • DL Gold Medallion (GM) - AA Platinum; UA Premier Gold; AS MVP Gold
  • DL Platinum Medallion (PM) - AA Executive Platinum; UA 1K; AS MVP Gold 75K
  • DL Diamond Medallion (DM) - DL does not typically match to DM.
    From dl.com: If you have status with another airline not listed above, you may still be eligible for this challenge. Please submit your information below to confirm eligibility.

MQM / MQS Requirement:
  • FO: 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs and $750MQD or MQD waiver
  • GM: 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs and $1500MQD or MQD waiver
  • PM: 18,750 MQMs or 25 MQSs and $2250MQD or MQD waiver
"MQMs/MQSs/MQDs earned through other sources, including but not limited to SkyMiles Credit Cards, do not count towards the challenge."

Criteria for Participation:
  • Member has not received a status match or complimentary Medallion status in the past three years
  • Is currently a non-Medallion member
  • Must present valid and current elite credential or statement showing elite status from another airline
  • Status being matched must be earned and not complementary.

Other Notes from dl.com:
  • A physical Medallion membership card will not be issued for the 90-day qualification period. You may enjoy Medallion benefits on Delta or Delta Connection by providing your SkyMiles number when making reservations or at check-in. You can also access your Membership Card through the Fly Delta app. During the 90-day period, you will not have access to all reciprocal Medallion benefits with Delta's partner airlines, including access to SkyTeam® lounges.
  • Members who are matched to Platinum Medallion status will not be eligible for Choice Benefits until the flight requirement to maintain Platinum Medallion status is met.
  • Through this offer, you may maintain the same or lower Medallion status level as your matched status. If you are matched to Silver Medallion status, you will not be able to earn Gold Medallion status through this offer, even if you will fly more than 12,500 MQMs or 15 MQSs during the offer period. But if you have been matched to Gold Medallion status and you only fly 6,250 MQMs or 8 MQSs, you will earn Silver Medallion status. Your Medallion status will be returned to non-Medallion status if you are unable to complete the minimum flight requirement before the end of the 90-day period.
  • Medallion status match is only offered for Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion levels.

When to request:
  • Requests from 1/1 - 6/30 will receive status through 1/31 of the following year.
  • Requests from 7/1 - 12/31 will receive status through 1/31 of the second year.

Corporate accounts:
Depending on your company's agreement with Delta, you may have different qualification requirements and/or an alternate method of requesting a status match or challenge. Check your company's intranet or travel manager.

Current Processing Time:
4-5 days as of July 31st 2022
Print Wikipost

Delta Air Lines Elite Status Match Challenge : The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2016, 11:56 pm

Currently the web form for challenge is down (temporarily?) with description:

Thank you for your interest in the SkyMiles Medallion Status Match Challenge. The "Submit Your Information" form is currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please check back soon, as the site will be functioning normally starting early September. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your loyalty.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 7:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, IHG ambassador spire elite, AA platinum
I spoke to delta CS, they said if I do app 17,500 they will match me to a higher delta tier then gold . I was told to call back when 17,500 miles post within 90 days on my account. Im just going to book all first class through work as they pay for travel. I just completed app 9k miles between the time of request which they are counting.

You are now enrolled in the SkyMiles Elite Match Challenge. Your temporary Medallion status will be effective on August 26, 2016. Please look for the terms of your 90 day offer to be sent to the e-mail address in your SkyMiles account. If you have any questions, please reply to this e-mail only
Old Aug 28, 2016, 8:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
So you are statusmatched without using the webform?
Old Aug 28, 2016, 10:43 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
FYI, I can confirm mqms received from DL Amex count toward the challenge.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 3:24 pm

Programs: WN A+, AS MVP75K, Marriott Platinum, National EE
Originally Posted by nbirnbaum2
I spoke to delta CS, they said if I do app 17,500 they will match me to a higher delta tier then gold . I was told to call back when 17,500 miles post within 90 days on my account. Im just going to book all first class through work as they pay for travel. I just completed app 9k miles between the time of request which they are counting.

You are now enrolled in the SkyMiles Elite Match Challenge. Your temporary Medallion status will be effective on August 26, 2016. Please look for the terms of your 90 day offer to be sent to the e-mail address in your SkyMiles account. If you have any questions, please reply to this e-mail only
Wait, they told you that if you meet the MQM requirements that they will match you to a higher tier than you had at the previous airline?
Old Aug 30, 2016, 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by LuoboTiX
Currently the web form for challenge is down (temporarily?) with description:

Thank you for your interest in the SkyMiles Medallion Status Match Challenge. The "Submit Your Information" form is currently experiencing technical difficulties. Please check back soon, as the site will be functioning normally starting early September. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your loyalty.
I tweeted DL last week about my status match. They said they are backlogged to about two weeks processing time. I suspect that is why the form is "having technical difficulties."

Hopefully I will see mine come through this week.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 10:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Just as an FYI, contacted support (status matching from BA Gold) regarding the form.
It should now work, I used it and will need to wait and see if the match me (have my first TATL with Delta)
Old Aug 31, 2016, 2:41 am

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
We are aware that the Status Match page is currently having technical difficulties and our IT team is working to fix this problem. The problem will be rectified by 02 September 2016, if you can please submit your request on that date again and we will be glad to assist you further.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 10:37 am

Status challenge with DL from UA

Hi,

First post here. I applied for status match (Premier Platinum) with DL based on my UA status. Any idea how long it typically takes? It's been a week and I haven't heard anything back. Not sure if I should try calling. Any tips would be great.

-Pat

Last edited by patj00; Sep 12, 2016 at 2:30 pm
Old Sep 12, 2016, 11:12 am
fadynaime

Programs: TK Elite Miles&Smlies, Jet Blue, Platinum medallion, Marriott Gold
did you submit online with all the information requested?
I recall it took me a couple of weeks.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 11:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
AFAIK you're likely to get a status challenge and not an outright match.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by patj00
...I applied for status match (Premier Platinum) with DL based on my UA status. Any idea how long it typically takes? It's been a week and I haven't heard anything back....
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
AFAIK you're likely to get a status challenge and not an outright match.
probably true, but basically irrelevant to the question of how long OP should expect to wait to hear back from DL
Old Sep 12, 2016, 12:18 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jrl767
probably true, but basically irrelevant to the question of how long OP should expect to wait to hear back from DL
The thread title is more general, with the topic being status matches from UA to DL. To me, its perfectly appropriate and helpful to indicate to the OP that the result is likely to be a challenge rather than a match.

Moreover, the OP asks for any tips.

I don't see how/why you want make the content of this thread much more narrow than the OP seems to have intended and to focus only on one question in the OP.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by patj00
Hi,

First post here. I applied for status match (Premier Platinum) with DL based on my UA status. Any idea how long it typically takes? It's been a week and I haven't heard anything back. Not sure if I should try calling. Any tips would be great.

-Pat
BTW, this is the OP. The thread title seems currently be unchanged, as proposed by the OP:

Status match with DL from UA
Old Sep 12, 2016, 2:29 pm

Sorry - should have been more clearer. Yes, I meant the challenge not the match. I submitted the relevant information through DL's site. Been more than a week. No response so far.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.