Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The Definitive “How To Earn Delta Air Lines SkyMiles” Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive “How To Earn Delta Air Lines SkyMiles” Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2011, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA1k, DL
Originally Posted by stephejo
Is this still available?

More important... are these purchased miles MQMs???
Yes, you still have the ability to purchase SkyMiles from DL, up to 60,000 per year. They are not MQM's, only redeemable miles.

https://dn.delta.com/skymiles/purcha...ng=en&part=BUY
Old May 19, 2012, 11:45 pm

Tried searching on this... but given that this is pretty specific, would like some help here:

I'm a GM and flies on a Y fare, which grants 1.5x MQM. So if I fly 1,000 miles, I will get 1,500 MQM; then in total, will I get 2,500 miles or 3,000 miles with the GM bonus?

*** Found the answer looking at an old statement containing an old Y fare they gave me from an IRROP. As a FO back then, I got 1,000 miles, 750 bonus miles for a total of 1,750 miles and 1,500 MQM. So the answer for GM would be 2,500.

Last edited by savekenny; May 19, 2012 at 11:54 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.