Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Original Routing Credit, or ORC: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Original Routing Credit, or ORC: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2010, 8:50 pm

Seems like a lot of frustration, anger, and effort to gain a measly 135 MQM's.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by Brick
Seems like a lot of frustration, anger, and effort to gain a measly 135 MQM's.
It's the FlyerTalk creed.

It is incumbent upon us. Don't you recall the contract you had to sign when you joined FT, saying you would strive for every single RDM and MQM available, no matter what the cost?
Old Mar 31, 2010, 9:22 pm
Suspended

Location: Tucson, AZ, USA. UA 1K, reluctant but * best in class * DL FO/MM. Former BA jumpseat rider and scourge of Dilbertian management and apologists. As LX might - and do - say: "....an experienced frequent flyer of international airlines"
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
They not only didn't fix that, but they switched my return routing to the original routing (which I specifically did not request; in fact, my original request was submitted before I flew the return). On the return I also took a VDB resulting in one segment being rebooked in Y. They put me back in U on the original, shorter route.

So, instead of giving me the missing 135 MQM's, the Delta Medallion Desk deducted 400 MQM's from my account.
Niii-ice.

I wonder why savvy travelers make excuses for this when it doesn't seem to comply with DL's own policy - although DL reserves the right to be very arbitrary with many aspects of CS and SMS service.

That's why I reserve the right to be arbitrary with my paid DL bookings

And factually this service doesn't compete well with CO's original routing credit process that I've been using. I emailed OPSC for original routing credit after my SQ rebooking. The SQ flight posted - in full Y, in fact, earning almost 15,000 MQM which was far more EQMs than the original routing, but of course far fewer RDMs. That's an enormous number for a single flight #, perhaps one of the biggest available anywhere. But I don't need EQs, prefer RDMs which were maximized by CO to GUM.

It took about ten days, but it was worth it - all posted correctly including Extra Mile and CO PPMC 25% bonuses.

Maybe you've been ID'd as an FT troublemaker and all DL buckets (Z class for ug, original routing credit, whatever) are permanently closed.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 9:56 pm

Programs: DL-PM, TK-Elite, AA-lifetime gold, SPG-Plat
Follow up- it's getting worse.
I e-mailed DL again on Mar. 1, and never received a reply. I spoke with SMS mid month, and they said they couldn't see back that far, but they'd put in a request. I sent my e-mail again a couple days ago, mentioning that no one bothered to respond. I received a prompt reply saying they'd fix it.

They did.

My request was for the Original Routing Credit for the outbound, where I took a VDB to a route with 135 less miles. So, I'm only asking for 135 MQM's.

They not only didn't fix that, but they switched my return routing to the original routing (which I specifically did not request; in fact, my original request was submitted before I flew the return). On the return I also took a VDB resulting in one segment being rebooked in Y. They put me back in U on the original, shorter route.

So, instead of giving me the missing 135 MQM's, the Delta Medallion Desk deducted 400 MQM's from my account.
If you had one segment rebooked in Y instead of U and because of this received 400 bonus MQM's that you were technically not entitled to, then why would you contact DL about the ORC for the 135 MQM's that you lost? You were already ahead of the game. By contacting DL about the ORC you were calling their attention to your ticket and they were inevitably going to catch the rebooking class error and take back those 400 MQM's. You should have just left well enough alone.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by acf1270
If you had one segment rebooked in Y instead of U and because of this received 400 bonus MQM's that you were technically not entitled to, then why would you contact DL about the ORC for the 135 MQM's that you lost?
I originally contacted them before the return flights, so before that second VDB occurred. My followups were specifically in reference to that initial contact.

As RTS points out, DL can play games, so when we are completely within the rules we should also be able to play the game. All I'm asking for is full compliance with their game under their rules.

Originally Posted by redtailshark
Maybe you've been ID'd as an FT troublemaker
They know who I am. I've personally given my card to Jeff, Ed Bastian and Deltalina.
(and I've explained to Jeff that I'm an extremely low revenue PM, but that is due to their system. I've told him that I'd gladly give them more money if they gave me a real reason to buy higher than LUT on TATL. Real SWU's, or phantom upgrades, or affordable M fares, or a way to u/g one or two HKQ int'l itin's a year).
Old Apr 1, 2010, 10:01 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
I've SDC'ed to different routes in the past and gotten original routing credit.
I don't understand getting ORC for SDC.

You decided to change flights on your own, why should you get credit for the flights you chose not to fly?

David
Old Apr 1, 2010, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DiverDave
I don't understand getting ORC for SDC.
Sorry if I wasn't clear. This was all VDB, not SDC.

I did VDB's on both the outbound and return.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 11:47 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Sorry if I wasn't clear. This was all VDB, not SDC.

I did VDB's on both the outbound and return.
Understood, but you did also say this:

I've SDC'ed to different routes in the past and gotten original routing credit.
Just curious,
David
Old May 25, 2010, 12:55 pm

Programs: Delta - Silver
Original routing mileage request

i was scheduled on delta this morning, but due to a mechanical issue have been rerouted on american. Can I request my original flight miles from delta, or am I sol? Thanks
Old May 25, 2010, 12:58 pm
Used to be " vincentppetty "

Programs: DL Platinum/1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium; Loews Platinum; GHA/Omni Platinum; Hilton Gold
good luck...

good luck with this ...

technically, you should be able to get the mileage -- but, it's usually a fight to do so.

and, technically, they SHOULD give you the MQMs, too -- but, for that, you'll likely have to go through someone a little higher up ...

try searching on here for kevin pinto's e-mail address ...

good luck ...
Old May 25, 2010, 1:08 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I had a similar situation a month ago. I wasnt able to get the miles by calling the elite desk. However I sent an email on the missing miles form and got credit within 24 hours.^
Old May 25, 2010, 1:40 pm

I had the same situation arise in March. I wrote a quick email from the contact us screen and a medallion rep returned the email in 2 business days granting the original routing credit.
Old May 25, 2010, 5:27 pm

Programs: Delta - Silver
Did any if you receive mqms for the original mileage credit?
Old May 25, 2010, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by publicmsu
Did any if you receive mqms for the original mileage credit?
the flight will credit normally incl. MQMs. Just send a fax or an Email, they usually retro-credit it within a week or two max.
Old Jun 7, 2010, 3:58 am
c_d

Programs: Feels like FO (AA EXP)
Question [Question] Original Routing Credit

Hello fellow FT'lers,

I originally booked and paid a trip going from JFK to SAT via SLC. Unfortunately, DL canceled the inbound SLC segment and rebooked me via ATL. The outbound is still routed via SLC.

Based on my calculations, this will leave me 293 miles short of keeping Gold. Am I entiled to request the credit for my original itiniary? Or will I be forced to add another flight on DL this year?

Thx!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.