Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Original Routing Credit, or ORC: The Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Original Routing Credit, or ORC: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2007, 1:47 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott G, Hilton G
Award Waitlist Confirmed 1 of 2 Legs & Keeps Original Routing Too

I have confirmed RT SS award tickets next summer to Europe. I also have us waitlisted on a preferred outbound LGA-ATL-CPH. While DL has yet to load a single seat on the ATL-CPH flight (and may never do so), the LGA-ATL leg is now CONFIRMED. I didn't think they would confirm a partial leg when we are confirmed on a completely different route JFK-CDG-CPH the same day.

FWIW, I am happy that DL is holding the LGA-ATL leg. When I saw that it was available, I figured great, I can now get to ATL and by the time DL loads the ATL-CPH portion, I won't be able to get a NY-ATL flight. I guess that it's not completely screwed up after all.

Last edited by avflyer; Nov 7, 2007 at 1:50 pm Reason: Title was misleading
Old Dec 24, 2007, 7:39 am

Programs: DL PM, .6MM; AA Plat; Marriott Platinum Premier
Original Routing Credit on partner... Can I email instead of fax / paper?

I need original routing credit form an involuntary re-route from CO last week. DL replied to my email asking me to fax or send paper copy of my original ticket / receipt and BPs. I have PDF copies of both, and would prefer to just email them. Is there an email address (which accepts PDF attachments) to which I can email the docs? Many thanks in advance.
Old Dec 24, 2007, 8:07 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by nd_eric_77
I need original routing credit form an involuntary re-route from CO last week. DL replied to my email asking me to fax or send paper copy of my original ticket / receipt and BPs. I have PDF copies of both, and would prefer to just email them. Is there an email address (which accepts PDF attachments) to which I can email the docs? Many thanks in advance.
Try calling SMS. I've done this numerous times and have never had to mail or fax anything.
Old Dec 24, 2007, 12:55 pm

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
But if you must fax you can be pretty sure they'll post by year's end. Even with the holidays upon us I don't see this being a big issue. 404 715 9220 is the number and they normally are posted for me the next morning. Never done the call in route but if that works I might need to rethink my faxing habit.

Let us know how this turns out.
Old Dec 25, 2007, 12:08 am

Programs: DL DM, AA Lifetime Plat, IHG SE
I have been told before that they are not set up to receive e-mails, something about security (virus, etc). I've been frustrated in exactly the same situation, why can't I just send the scanned PDF? but each time have been told e-mail just isn't an option.
Old Dec 26, 2007, 9:26 pm

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond
Stupid question did you get credit for the flight you ended up taking?
Old Dec 27, 2007, 7:23 am

Programs: DL PM, .6MM; AA Plat; Marriott Platinum Premier
Update:
I am out of town with wife & daughter - not really within convenient reach of a printer & fax. So have not been able to fax yet. SMS says they need either paper copy or fax - which I will send either late Saturday or early Sunday (cutting it close for 07).

Originally Posted by WesNSpace
Stupid question did you get credit for the flight you ended up taking?
No credit from DL; I technically could have requested credit from AA, but I elected not to b/c I just want to get right by DL - not looking to get greedy.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 8:34 am

I've just used the fax modem on my computer. I pasted all the documents into a Word doc, and then did File->Send To->Fax.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 7:32 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, PC, AA, UA
Question re: credit for original routing

My wife an I were scheduled to fly BTV-ATL-SFO. We arrived at the airport and were told the flight from BTV to ATL would be over two hours late due to mechanical reasons. We would miss our connection in ATL and there were no other flights from ATL-SFO that night. The Delta counter agent said we could fly to ATL, stay at a hotel on Delta's dime, and then get on a DL flight from ATL-SFO the next morning.

I asked about other options and they offered to get us from BTV-JFK via Delta and then on a United flight from JFK-SFO that same night.

We chose the later option through JFK on the United flight on to SFO. My question is, are we entitled to the Delta miles from our original Delta routing? If so, what's the best strategy for getting the credit?

Thanks
Old Aug 22, 2008, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by bobgold
My wife an I were scheduled to fly BTV-ATL-SFO. We arrived at the airport and were told the flight from BTV to ATL would be over two hours late due to mechanical reasons. We would miss our connection in ATL and there were no other flights from ATL-SFO that night. The Delta counter agent said we could fly to ATL, stay at a hotel on Delta's dime, and then get on a DL flight from ATL-SFO the next morning.

I asked about other options and they offered to get us from BTV-JFK via Delta and then on a United flight from JFK-SFO that same night.

We chose the later option through JFK on the United flight on to SFO. My question is, are we entitled to the Delta miles from our original Delta routing? If so, what's the best strategy for getting the credit?

Thanks
Yes,

Send a message via Delta.com requesting Original Routing Credit.
Old Aug 22, 2008, 7:55 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Etihad Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
As WBurcham wrote, you are entitled and this is actually pretty easy to do. When it happens to me, I call SMS, give them a short synposis of what happened and ask them for "original routing credit". If you do it while the ticket is still in their computer (about a week, I think), they can usually post it while you're on the phone.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 3:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Original Routing Credit for invol reouted delayed NW flight?

Does DL do original routing credit of Delta miles on a domestic involuntary reroute to UA due to a delayed NW incoming flight?

I flew on NW ticket stock,
my DL Skymiles-Platinum number in the record,
originally ticketed as SEA-ATL-MSY on Delta metal, Delta coded,
and MSY-MSP-SEA on NW metal, NW coded.

The MSY-MSP inbound was 45+ minutes late, forcing a misconnect for the MSP connection.

NW ticket counter in MSY involuntary re-routed me to United MSY-DEN-SEA (in F!).

I really want the DELTA miles, as this was a mileage run solely to accumulate status and miles. Which airline and department do I call to receive original routing credit? What are my chances of getting the miles credited to DL?
Old Jan 13, 2009, 4:04 pm

Send the email via delta.com, they will give you the fax # and fax over your BP's.
Old Jan 15, 2009, 7:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
That solved it, miles posted, case closed.

I faxed all my info to the Delta.com "contact us" SkyMiles fax #, and poof... all solved!

Thanks!
Old Jan 31, 2009, 12:03 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

if I voluntarily sdc to a different flight with better timing but shorter route do I have any grounds to ask for original routing credit?

a checkin agent told me I would get "orc" but he also said I was eligible for SDC for free based on my fare class - so clearly he could have been mistaken about the mileage question too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.