Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Master A330-200 (A332) Best Seats Thread [Merged Threads]

Master A330-200 (A332) Best Seats Thread [Merged Threads]

Old Aug 3, 2017, 3:27 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Zorak
people often say things like this but I don't get it.

I mean, yes, I get that J is nice and feels exclusive, and I try to avoid flying Y whenever I can But I'd be curious to see a scientific comparison of the average lux and decibel level by cabin. It's not as if F/J have nice subdued lighting but Y is filled with prison yard spotlights. Similarly I can't say I've noticed much of a difference in sound levels, pretty much just the same dull background white noise everywhere.
Hello

I will be flying JFK-CDG in J over Christmas, with my wife.

I have taken 3C and 3G but right now it's wide open, also in the mini cabin with 3 rows.

What's best for a relaxing flight?

Also 4C/4G are blocked, I saw for a northwest flight 10 years ago that there was a reason for it... Still valid?

Mini cabin with more FA's or large J cabin with less service? Or I am wrong?

Thanks a lot !!
Old Aug 6, 2017, 2:09 am

I'm going to be flying from SEA-HKG in a few weeks on C+. I was really hoping to nag a Delta One seat, but it seems that class has been fully occupied on both the out and inbound legs.

What can I expect in seat 12A as far as services and views out of the window?
Old Aug 30, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: DL
Which seats on the A330-200 do still have the AVOD boxes in Y or EC, and do they still take away half of the under seat width? Traveling with spouse, so we would like to go with A/B or H/J, but would consider B/C if A had the box.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 2:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by brillantesg
I'm going to be flying from SEA-HKG in a few weeks on C+. I was really hoping to nag a Delta One seat, but it seems that class has been fully occupied on both the out and inbound legs.

What can I expect in seat 12A as far as services and views out of the window?
Service: hot meal after departure; hot meal prior to arrival; snack service midflight; "free" booze; "free" VOD; mini amenity kit with earplugs, eyemask, toothbrush, toothpaste; "free" earphones.
View: mainly wing and engine.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
A332 SEA-HKG. My wife and I have a choice between 10 FG, 22 AB or 22 HJ. Which is the best pair? My goal is 10 AB or 10 HJ, but they are currently occupied.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 10:03 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
A332 SEA-HKG. My wife and I have a choice between 10 FG, 22 AB or 22 HJ. Which is the best pair? My goal is 10 AB or 10 HJ, but they are currently occupied.
I don't like middle section seats, but 10FG will have far, far less foot traffic than row 22.

Personally I don't mind any of the pair seats in C+, they have enough legroom for me that I don't find a bulkhead necessary.
Old Nov 4, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by C W
Personally I don't mind any of the pair seats in C+, they have enough legroom for me that I don't find a bulkhead necessary.
At present, there are no AB or HJ C+ pairs available so we're in 10 FG.
Attached Images  

Last edited by CO-PLAT; Nov 4, 2017 at 11:10 am
Old Nov 4, 2017, 12:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Global Entry
Were on DL83 an A332 4 Dec CDG>ATL and had picked 4A/5A. Having coffee this morning on the patio and I decided to check our flights and discovered theyd moved us to 8J/9J. Not seats we would have picked ourselves and of course no explanation or reason for the change. I moved us to 5C/5G. When we booked flight was also a A332 so basic plane the same unless there was internal configuration/upgrade change Im not aware of.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 10:25 am

After checking 14 times per day, the pair 12A/B finally opened up and I took them.

Old Nov 15, 2017, 10:34 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by CO-PLAT
After checking 14 times per day, the pair 12A/B finally opened up and I took them.

Great seats! Glad it worked out
CO-PLAT likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 6:13 am

Best seats with a lap infant

We've got a booking LON-DTW and then ATL-LON coming up, both legs are listed as a a330-200. I'm new to all things delta but it looks like we're onto a winner in terms of seats.

Our son (who will be on lap) will be 16 months at the time of the flights and i'm wondering where best to sit us. Is there any difference between the seats in terms of space/leg room or does it purely come down to position on the plane?

I've currently parked us in the middle pair of row one on both legs (1C and 1G) as i'm thinking having easy access to the front galley to walk him up and down if he's being trouble but would be very glad of any advice.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 2, 2018, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by londonsmiler
We've got a booking LON-DTW and then ATL-LON coming up, both legs are listed as a a330-200. I'm new to all things delta but it looks like we're onto a winner in terms of seats.

Our son (who will be on lap) will be 16 months at the time of the flights and i'm wondering where best to sit us. Is there any difference between the seats in terms of space/leg room or does it purely come down to position on the plane?

I've currently parked us in the middle pair of row one on both legs (1C and 1G) as i'm thinking having easy access to the front galley to walk him up and down if he's being trouble but would be very glad of any advice.

Thanks in advance!
There's no front galley on A330. It's behind the J cabin. Lavs are up front All seats are same.
londonsmiler likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 7:33 am

Programs: Free agent
I'm booked onto this for a LHR->JFK in August. I'm in 23B at the moment (No status, not paying for C+ on a daytime flight). Seems like 22AB/HJ are the best for legroom. Will rows 14-21 open up for non-status flyers at T-24? I'd love to move up a bit if possible.

I appreciate any help.
Old Feb 24, 2020, 7:31 pm

Programs: Independent
On some planes, the business class bulkhead has more legroom because it doesn't have to make room for the seat in front of it (they give you a bigger foot box). Is that the case on the DL A330-200?
Old May 25, 2021, 10:23 pm

Programs: DL, AS, UA, AA
22A best main cabin seat

Was very happy with a DTW-SLC daytime flight today in 22A.

Infinite legroom. Left arm rest not solid like right side so you get extra spillover room for your leg to increase width. Door bump was small and few inches beyond any encroachment on knees/legs. (510)

22B faces the crew jump seat and you may end up playing footsie if sat there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.