Celebrity Sightings on DL Flights

Old Oct 26, 2010, 10:14 am

Programs: Delta DM, SP Plat, Hilton Gold
Carson Kressley (from Queer Eye) in LAX SC last Monday, then Akon in LAX SC yesterday, and Leslie Mann (Cable Guy, Knocked Up, Judd Apatow's wife) on 1754 LAX-ATL. She took the seat I had just occupied for 13.5 hours from SYD. I was in the back (dammit).
Old Oct 26, 2010, 10:50 am

Programs: DL Plat, IC Diamond Amb, Hertz PC
2 months ago or so I was on a flight from ATL-FLL with Dikembe Mutombo. I was in 1B, he was in 2C. He politely asked me to change seats with him so that he would have more legroom. I happily obliged, and after some small talk with him he spent the rest of the flight chatting with an "obsessed" female fan sitting in 1A.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 11:40 am

Programs: Delta GM, Continental Gold, Hilton Gold, Starwood Gold, National Emerald, Hertz Gold
Talking

Originally Posted by krp453
I sat in front of Mike McCarthy (head coach, Green Bay Packers) this spring in first class from GRB to MSP. He was last to board the plane... is that a standard occurrence?
Not a Delta procedure, for big Mike it's a clock management problem

Sorry couldn't resist as I am a GB Packer fan (frustrated at times)
Old Oct 28, 2010, 7:06 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Former President Jimmy Carter at the SLC Skyclub around 2:15 PM on 10/28. With three Secret Service officers and one SLC cop.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 8:30 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hhonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Former President Jimmy Carter SEA to SLC today. He came on board and shook hands with everyone on the plane. He was kind and gracious.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 5:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by chica
Former President Jimmy Carter SEA to SLC today. He came on board and shook hands with everyone on the plane. He was kind and gracious.
He continued on to AUS on a Delta Connection CRJ. A friend was on the flight and said he came to the back of the plane and shook hands with everyone on his way to his seat in the front.

The Austin paper on Saturday said he was in town for a book signing at a local bookstore.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 11:28 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
This was an interesting one. Antonio Villaraigosa, tonight on DL 17 (ATL-LAX segment). He was traveling with his girlfriend-anchorperson (a hottie). It was interesting because they were in coach. I suppose if it's the city's dime this is normal for politicians, but still it was a surprise. He even had to give up his carry-one roller for baggage check because he got on so late and there was no room.
Old Nov 1, 2010, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Oakshadow
This was an interesting one. Antonio Villaraigosa, tonight on DL 17 (ATL-LAX segment). He was traveling with his girlfriend-anchorperson (a hottie). It was interesting because they were in coach. I suppose if it's the city's dime this is normal for politicians, but still it was a surprise. He even had to give up his carry-one roller for baggage check because he got on so late and there was no room.
Given what has been going on with the Bell City Council out here, Mr Villar (his real name) was wise to pass up even a free upgrade to FC just on appearances.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 9:00 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold
I am hesitant to call him a celebrity, and more hesitant to admit I recognized him, but Stephen Baldwin (Alec's brother; co-star of "Bio-Dome" and other fine cinema) was on my ATL-TLH flight this past Sunday evening.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 9:09 pm

Programs: Delta-DM, OP-Plat, WN-CP A-List Rapid Rewards, HH Diamond, Starwood SPG.....
Sat next to Margaret Cho 2 days after she got kicked off dancing with the stars. Flight was coming back from JFK to LAX after doing a couple of morning show spots where she talked about her dancing gig.
Old Nov 13, 2010, 3:53 pm

Reggie Miller

Sat 2 rows behind Reggie Miller from ATL > LAX this morning ^
Old Nov 14, 2010, 12:55 am

Programs: DL Plat/SC 1MM, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Sam's Club
Almost sat on Fred Willard today. . . . . ATL to LAX. He was sitting in my seat 3D and I asked him to move. His seat was 2A. The guy next to me asked if I knew who he was, and then I recognized him. Went to his correct seat and complimented him on his work and asked if I could have a pic together at the end of the flight. He was gracious and agreed. Oh, he also left his Kindle in my seatback. I don't think anyone else recognized him. He read a book almost the entire flight.

Turns out we deplaned 1L so to take a pic would have held up the deplaning. We chatted briefly in the concourse. Nice guy!
Old Nov 14, 2010, 4:55 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond, DL DM & 2MM
Was on an ATL-LAX-HNL trip a few weeks back and sat in front of (ATL-LAX) and across (LAX-HNL) from Dwayne Johnson (aka The Rock). My wife's nephew is a huge fan so I asked as we were boarding the LAX-HNL segment in F if I could get a quick picture with him. He was pretty cool and accepting my request. Afterwards I realized the irony of the picture since I was wearing my Florida Gators hat (Dwayne Johnson was a Miami Hurricane for those that don't know).
Old Nov 14, 2010, 6:02 am

Programs: DL (Silver), UA, BA
American Idol winner Taylor Hicks was on DL1276 from MSP -> ATL on November 7. He had a stocking cap over his grey hair and waited until the last possible minute to board for his seat in 1A. I think his attempts to avoid being recognized kind of backfired at that moment, as there was no room left in First for his guitar, so he had to haul it to the back to find some room in the overhead compartment.

Was a pretty crappy flight for all of us on board, had to return to the gate for a mechanical issue with a thruster, which maintenance promptly fixed, but the ramp crew left us waiting at the gate for 25 minutes after that, and the pilot urged us all to write letters complaining...

I missed my connection in ATL to STT, and wound up getting sent through Miami on American instead, lots of other people on board headed to the Carribean, who only had one flight per day, and the ramp crew just made them all miss it...
Old Nov 14, 2010, 6:08 am

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by SethBo
American Idol winner Taylor Hicks was on DL1276 from MSP -> ATL on November 7. He had a stocking cap over his grey hair and waited until the last possible minute to board for his seat in 1A. I think his attempts to avoid being recognized kind of backfired at that moment, as there was no room left in First for his guitar, so he had to haul it to the back to find some room in the overhead compartment.
That's funny, this is the first time I've ever checked this thread, and the most recent post is the same "celebrity" I saw on a DL flight back in October 2009. I was on a red eye LAX-ATL, and Taylor Hicks (who smokes Camels, I might add, I saw them in his carryon.) was 2 rows ahead of me in first class.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.