Celebrity Sightings on DL Flights

Old Dec 17, 07, 11:10 am

Programs: Delta DM, 3M; AA, FB, UA some lower status
Originally Posted by Flyin'Mom View Post
Ask Canarsie about his Jared sighting. I did a search but couldn't find the post to link it here. It is a funny story and I've never eaten a Subway sandwich since that I didn't think about it.

I found the link. Here's the story.
The link didn't work for me. It says I am not authorized to view the page.
Old Dec 17, 07, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Tom Williams View Post
The link didn't work for me. It says I am not authorized to view the page.
Tom Williams, the post is in the OMNI forum which is not yet available to you.

So for the benefit of those who aren't yet OMNI-enabled, here's Canarsie's now infamous post:

(Warning.....do not read this while eating a Subway™ sandwich)

Originally Posted by Canarsie View Post
Actually, he is going places.

I passed a Subway franchise in Albany, Georgia on my way to a customer. The sign announced that Jared would be there at a specified time to make an appearance.

The next day, while waiting for my flight from Albany to Atlanta, he showed up in the gate area in a rather smug manner — toting his briefcase, talking on his cellular phone, as if he were some big celebrity. Nobody (to my knowledge) recognized him or approached him at any time.

We boarded the flight, which was a regional jet. He sat in an aisle seat in the first row. I sat a few rows back in an aisle seat on the other side of the aisle.

While observing him reading, his finger embarked on a journey towards its apparent final destination: his nose. The finger must have had an intense and insatiable curiosity as to what was hidden inside of his nose because he started digging up there as if it were the Big Dig in Boston. All the while Jared was conspicuous and unashamed during his spontaneous treasure hunt. At least he could have tried to do it either privately or with a tissue or handkerchief!

I do not know if he ever struck gold that day as I could no longer watch, but I can say that every time I see a Subway commercial, I feel queasy because it always reminds me of him picking his nose.

If anyone ever does meet him, I would advise against shaking his hand for sanitary reasons.

This is some impression to give by someone who is supposed to be a compensated public spokesperson commercially endorsing a company whose primary business is to sell appetizing food.
Old Dec 17, 07, 12:09 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Tit Forever, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN CP, CLEAR
Yeah, you gotta love posts like this:

he showed up in the gate area in a rather smug manner — toting his briefcase, talking on his cellular phone, as if he were some big celebrity. Nobody (to my knowledge) recognized him or approached him at any time.
... so, IOW, he was indistinguishable from thousands of other travelers in the airports worldwide.
Old Dec 17, 07, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by dpce View Post
Rev Al Sharpton past TSA check at LGA 12/15 1:20 pm
Man, the Rev gets around!
Old Dec 17, 07, 3:14 pm

Programs: Skymiles
Checked in Pete Rose the other day. He was handing out autographs to
everyone.
Old Dec 17, 07, 3:22 pm

Programs: DL DM (where is my Diamond Tiara?)
Originally Posted by Cholula View Post
Tom Williams, the post is in the OMNI forum which is not yet available to you.

So for the benefit of those who aren't yet OMNI-enabled, here's Canarsie's now infamous post:

(Warning.....do not read this while eating a Subway™ sandwich)
Thanks for cleaning up my mess, Cholula. In the flush of victory I felt after finding the post I didn't notice it was in OMNI.

Canarsie's post is four years old now, I must have read it around three years ago, and it still cracks me up. Poor Jared, he has no idea what some of us think about when we see him in his TV ads....
Old Dec 23, 07, 5:27 am

Programs: Delta DM, 3M; AA, FB, UA some lower status
Apologies for continuing off-topic, but what is the OMNI forum?
Old Dec 23, 07, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Tom Williams View Post
Apologies for continuing off-topic, but what is the OMNI forum?

It's a general topic forum that stays invisible until a member has both 180 posts and 180 days as a FlyerTalker.

Kind of a long story behind this but, briefly, consider it a reward for both longevity and verbosity.
Old Dec 26, 07, 5:46 pm

Programs: Used to have a bunch of shiny metallic cards. That was one life ago.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

Former NBA star and ESPN analyst Len Elmore in 2B ATL-MIA. He's headed to RDU to call a college game for ESPN. In fact, he's still there chatting it up with a couple of college students across the aisle as we taxi from the 5th runway. Arrrgh.
Old Jan 19, 08, 2:17 pm

TPA-ATL. Jack Hannah the animal guy. He was a jerk.
Old Feb 13, 08, 7:34 pm

Programs: Delta GM, SC, NFL Owner (GB Packers!)
Trisha Yearwood seated behind me in FC on BNA-ATL Jan 31.
Nashville Tennessean reported last week that TSA recognised her and passed her to the front of the line...........a 2 minute wait!
Old Feb 13, 08, 11:05 pm

Hulk Hogan on flight 1853 down to TPA.
Old Feb 14, 08, 6:15 am

Programs: DELTA PM, CO Platinum, PLAT AMEX
Back in the late 90's i was flying home from LAX - ATL on a MD11 after surfing San Diego for a month around March,
, remember the huge coach center rows, I got sat next to Destiny's Child in coach, they just signed their first record deal in LA and I remember saying holy chit before i sat down because i actually got a seat assigned next to 3 hot girls.

They are now huge and have solo careers, and sing about flying FC and private planes, I remember talking to them the whole flight and they were super nice, and humble.
Old Feb 14, 08, 6:44 am

Location: RDU, Delta PM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by El Boocho View Post
Man, the Rev gets around!
He was probably chasing the media for another 5 minutes of fame butting his nose in something he shouldn't be!
Old Feb 14, 08, 6:48 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
Had Ludacris, Big Boi (Outkast) and Andruw Jones (former Braves center fielder) all on flights in the past couple of months from ATL-LAX.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: