Celebrity Sightings on DL Flights

Old Sep 9, 2002, 9:14 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH DMD, MAR PLT
Danny Glover - SLC to SFO
Brent Mussburger - SFO to SLC (not very nice to the flight attendant)
Merlin Olson - SLC Crown Room
Tom Brokaw - SLC Crown Room
John Lithgow - SLC Crown Room

I've been flying to SLC every week for four years so I've pretty much seen everyone from "Touched by an Angel" since they film here/there. It was a little wierd the first time the guy who plays the Angel of Death sitting in front of me drinking vodka and cranberry juice.
Old Sep 10, 2002, 12:10 pm

Shaq on the train in ATL July '99. Yappin' on his cell phone, he was accompanied by a groupie with a Lakers 34 jersey. Otherwise I think he would not have been recognized (by so many people)...
Old Sep 10, 2002, 3:11 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by andymo99:
Nice handle, exit row. How long have you been lurking?</font>
**Sorry its not thread related, but a response is owed** (think this ones a bout dead anyway)

Thanks andy,

lurking for a few years, when time permits though. slow at the mo, so i been brushing up my skills.
Old Sep 10, 2002, 6:41 pm

Bo Diddley
Mr "..." WWE Wrestler
Old Sep 10, 2002, 7:06 pm

Programs: Hertz Gold Member ,Avis Preferred, DL SKYCLUB
keith sweat, atl to miami.
Old Sep 10, 2002, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Harry Anderson (Night Court/Dave's World) ATL-PHX. My first ever F/C seat 4 years ago. Several hundred later...he is still the only one on DL.

[This message has been edited by indufan (edited 09-10-2002).]
Old Sep 10, 2002, 8:07 pm

Sat next to Chris Collingsworth-WR Cincinnati Bengals-ATL-CVG. Announcer for NFL on Fox. Nice guy and I was amazed at all the rude comments from other boarding passengers who were making fun of the Bengals football team and him. Was also reading Terry Bradshaw's book and prepping for his FOX pregame show.

Sat next to Soloman Wilcots-Played for the Bengals also.CVG-SEA. Was on his way to announce the Bengals/Seahawks Game trhat weeekend.

Some teenage boy band and I can't remember their name. Flying from PHX to LAS. They were nice, but really obnoxious and all over the First cabin like they owned it.
Old Sep 11, 2002, 11:19 am

Programs: HH Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by CMH-traveler:
The Columbus Crew Soccer Team CMH-TPA.

Nice gentlemen. I wish all professional atheletes were so polite. Especially Brian McBride who starred in the World Cup this year scoring many goals.
</font>
I thought America West was the official airline of the Crew. I used to live in CMH, and I have one of their promo notepads proclaiing them as such on my desk at home.

Guess they didn't want to connect in Phoenix

Old Sep 11, 2002, 11:23 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
With the way he's been playing, you should have pushed back. You might have knocked him down!

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SRQ Guy:
I also once flew with Warren Sapp (Tampa Bay Buccaneers player) in F on an ATL-TPA flight. He actually pushed me out of the way to board ahead of me. </font>
Old Sep 11, 2002, 12:22 pm

Programs: Nada!
I sat next to george Wallace the comedian two different times from Atl. to LAX. he evidently used to commute. I also sat next to Leo Mullin from ATL-ORD but was nice enough not to ask him why he was screwing up Skymiles.
Old Sep 11, 2002, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Former President Jimmy Carter, RDU-ATL in 1998.

He was sitting in F and got on last, but walked back and shook everyone's hand on the plane. I thought that was a classy move.
Old Sep 12, 2002, 9:43 am

Programs: DL Gold Medallion
Isaac Hayes (ATL-MEM)
Jared from Subway (LAS-CVG)
Old Sep 12, 2002, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No status no more, no where, no how.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Rigmutt:
Former President Jimmy Carter, RDU-ATL in 1998. He was sitting in F and got on last, but walked back and shook everyone's hand on the plane. I thought that was a classy move.</font>
Ah. This corroborates what I said earlier in the thread.
Old Sep 12, 2002, 10:56 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Rigmutt:
Former President Jimmy Carter, RDU-ATL in 1998.

He was sitting in F and got on last, but walked back and shook everyone's hand on the plane. I thought that was a classy move.
</font>
Not trying to start a political war, but you have to wonder "What might have been?" about him if he had been respected as much during his presidental years as he was (and is) later on.

Jeff
Old Sep 12, 2002, 11:54 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jwhite4:
Not trying to start a political war, but you have to wonder "What might have been?" about him if he had been respected as much during his presidental years as he was (and is) later on.

Jeff
</font>

I think it's a chicken and egg thing. Could he have gained the level of respect he has now without having been president? Could he have created the Carter Center if he wasn't Ex-President Jimmy Carter?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.