Celebrity Sightings on DL Flights

Old Sep 5, 2002, 4:19 pm

Walter Kronkite MCO-LGA
various sports stars
Micky Dolenz ATL-BNA
Steve Forbes (very nice man)RDU-ATL
Old Sep 5, 2002, 10:09 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, IHG Ambassador
John McCain, ATL-PHX. He was dressed real nice and sat in coach.
Old Sep 8, 2002, 8:06 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Delta DM & 1MM, Hertz and Avis President's Circle
RE: Max Cleland
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bareflanks:

But the most memorable was the Senator from Georgia who is a Vietnam Vet/triple amputee. He pulled himself into the bulkhead seat next to me, wiggled his stumps and said "Lots of leg room". I'll never forget it!!
</font>
The nickname the production crew at the public TV network in Georgia where I used to work gave him was "Max Leg-room"

My grandfather (nickname of "Bird Dog") who used to fly ATL-LAX back in the 1960's always had autographed photos of Irene Ryan (Granny from the Beverly Hillbillies) and Andy Griffith on display in his living room. They flew his route regularly.

My personal experiences have been nil onboard but I've seen lots of folks in the concourses at ATL.

[This message has been edited by GeorgeBurdell (edited 09-08-2002).]
Old Sep 8, 2002, 8:46 pm
Original Member

I sat next to Patti LaBelle in first class from Ft. Lauderdale to Atlanta. She was very nice to everyone and signed autographs and pictures.
On another occasion, in the Atlanta airport, I was waiting for my flight to Ft. Lauderdale to board when a familiar voice asked me if they were boarding the JFK flight yet. (flights were running late..imagine that) It was James Earl Jones.

------------------
Off the beaten path I reign
Old Sep 9, 2002, 12:57 am

John F. Kennedy Jr. about 8 or so years ago. From somewhere (ATL?) to LGA. Coach. He was totally unassuming and blended right in. But he was clearly the most commanding presence at that gate, IMHO.

Senator Ted Kennedy in June on a shuttle flight from DC to LGA. He worked the whole flight. I was right behind him.

I'm keeping my eyes peeled for Caroline.
Old Sep 9, 2002, 9:00 am

Either checked them in at the ATL ticket counter or helped board their flight working OT at the gates:

-Hulk Hogan and Eric Bishoff (Hulk is totally awesome with the kids.
-James Earl Jones
-Diamond Dallas Page (DDP) He checked in with me all the time. Super Nice guy
-Greg Maddux...big tipper to his usual skycap
-Ryan Klesko
-Andruw Jones
-Tom Glavine
-Retired MLB umpire-can't remember his name right now...his son is a current ump)
-Chipper Jones
Old Sep 9, 2002, 11:50 am
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Kurt Mazur (artistic director of New York Philharmonic I think?) on a Shuttle flight from DCA to LGA.
Old Sep 9, 2002, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by diesel33:
-Retired MLB umpire-can't remember his name right now...his son is a current ump)</font>
Harry Wendelstadt? (son Hunter?)
Old Sep 9, 2002, 1:01 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by andymo99:
Harry Wendelstadt? (son Hunter?)</font>
That's it! I remember that his fligth to ORD was delayed and I got him a seat on the later scheduled flight that was somehow departing before his. It was a mechanical I think. He gave me his business card for his Ump school and signed it! A nice momento!

Old Sep 9, 2002, 1:02 pm

Also Nate Newton from the Dallas Cowboys
Old Sep 9, 2002, 1:05 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by diesel33:
I remember that his fligth to ORD was delayed and I got him a seat on the later scheduled flight that was somehow departing before his.
</font>
Did you charge him $100? (sorry, couldn't resist . . .)

Old Sep 9, 2002, 1:07 pm

The Columbus Crew Soccer Team CMH-TPA.

Nice gentlemen. I wish all professional atheletes were so polite. Especially Brian McBride who starred in the World Cup this year scoring many goals.
Old Sep 9, 2002, 1:09 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by warmsnickers:
Did you charge him $100? (sorry, couldn't resist . . .)

</font>
I knew that was coming. He was actually traveling on a full fare ticket.

Old Sep 9, 2002, 4:23 pm

BWI - ATL June 2002.

Sat behind Travis Tritt.

When I saw him i couldnt figure out who it was so I asked the FA's (as I was the first person aboard when they called pre-board and he was already on) but they played dumb and then later came up and asked for his autograph.

He was v nice and carried his own bags. I rode the train with him to the terminal.
Old Sep 9, 2002, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Nice handle, exit row. How long have you been lurking?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.