Celebrity Sightings on DL Flights

Old May 29, 2022, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by bsagator
Former Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien PDX-LAX last month.
I wonder how many people recognized him.
Old May 30, 2022, 4:17 am

Programs: Blinged Out
Originally Posted by Aloha1
Sat across the aisle from John DeLancie ( Q), back when Star Trek Next Gen was extant on a ATL-LAX flight. He was reading a script and silently pantomiming how he would deliver the lines. Really interesting.

Love me some Q! DeLancie is the consummate professional actor- he owns every scene he is in, and he and Stewart played so well off each other in TNG
Old May 30, 2022, 11:58 am

Programs: AS, UA, AA, Hyatt Globalist, and Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by SeaHawg
Love me some Q! DeLancie is the consummate professional actor- he owns every scene he is in, and he and Stewart played so well off each other in TNG
He was great in Season 2 of Picard!
Old May 31, 2022, 4:59 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Jed33d
He was great in Season 2 of Picard!
The ONLY thing good about that season....smh
Old Jun 2, 2022, 3:41 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Former MLB pitcher Ron Darling was on my JFK-LAX flight last night/this morning to be part of the TV broadcast team for the Mets vs. Dodgers. I didn’t see Gary Cohen (play by play announcer).
levilevi likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 12:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis President's Club
...so I guess there were at least two FlyinHawaiians on that flight
FlyinHawaiian likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 7:58 am

Lindsey Vonn tried to poach my seat last night on a flight to BNA.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by drjeffrock
Lindsey Vonn tried to poach my seat last night on a flight to BNA.
Is there more to this story? Did it seem like a honest mistake and did she get up and move with little to no fuss or did she pushback? Did it seem like she was trying to sit next to someone or just was trying to poach a seat which she deemed better than her assigned seat?
Old Jun 8, 2022, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Is there more to this story? Did it seem like a honest mistake and did she get up and move with little to no fuss or did she pushback? Did it seem like she was trying to sit next to someone or just was trying to poach a seat which she deemed better than her assigned seat?
She was trying to sit next to someone. Definitely not a mistake lol.

I pointed out she was is the wrong seat, she said “Well, that’s stupid!” and moved across the aisle to her assigned seat.

I was tempted to reply with “Yes, sitting in other peoples seats is pretty stupid” but I let it go as we have some mutual connections and could
conceivably cross paths in the near future.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 7:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by drjeffrock
<snip>
I was tempted to reply with “Yes, sitting in other peoples seats is pretty stupid” but I let it go as we have some mutual connections and could
conceivably cross paths in the near future.
Actually... that would be a pretty unnecessarily rude thing to say to anyone in this case (she clearly didn't push back when you pointed this out), celebrity or otherwise and irrespective of whether you "could conceivably cross paths in the near future."

Regards
Old Jun 10, 2022, 7:25 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador - Delta Diamond - United Silver - Frontier 100k - Sixt Plat
Is a hot meal considered a celebrity sighting?
Old Jun 11, 2022, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by scubadu
Actually... that would be a pretty unnecessarily rude thing to say to anyone in this case (she clearly didn't push back when you pointed this out), celebrity or otherwise and irrespective of whether you "could conceivably cross paths in the near future."

Regards
This isn't ok, but her response was? She was clearly rude with her reply.
susanc, DiverDave and PanAmSam like this.

Last edited by flyerCO; Jun 11, 2022 at 12:44 pm
Old Jun 13, 2022, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by scubadu

Regards
You don't consider that pushback? Locking eyes with someone, then glaring and saying that something is stupid? Just because the pushback is passive-aggressive and she ultimately moved, doesn't mean it wasn't there.

Thanks for your illuminating opinion though!
PanAmSam likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 12:51 pm

I think that my biggest takeaway from this thread is that I clearly don't know what the word "celebrity" means. I have never heard of most of the people mentioned here, and would need to do some massive mental contortions to think of some random politician as one.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 1:28 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Hall of Famer John Smoltz and baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian were on DL 1734 LAX-DTW this morning. Obviously leaving after the All Star Game in LA last night.
levilevi, bloc0102 and xjoedx like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.