Celebrity Sightings on DL Flights

Old Oct 2, 2018, 8:00 pm

Kinda neat to see this thread in FT. Guess I've got 2 stories to add:

- Feb 2016: Cleveland to ATL flight back. Michael Rooker (Walking Dead, Guardians of the Galaxy). He was attending a comic con that I went to. I just said hey to him in by the waiting area before boarding, told him I hope he had a fun weekend. Nice guy. Wished me a safe trip after we landed and I saw him by luggage pickup.

- Jan 2017: Elizabeth Olsen (Avengers) LAX to ATL. I assume she was coming to film Infinity War at that time. My brother first went to her and asked if she was who we thought she is. She said yes. She didn't mind a request for selfie. I'm a nerd, so I showed her my pic of cosplay my wife and I did of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. She seemed genuinely interested, took my phone, zoomed in on the pic and such. I think she was glad we didn't cause a scene, esp being in LAX.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 8:01 pm

Programs: DL DM; UA Gold; SPG Titanium
I sat among the band "Journey" in F on SFO-LAX today. They took up about eight seats in the cabin and the entire entourage boarded before anyone else.
estedman, KenTarmac and Howste like this.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 12:29 pm
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Television journalist Ali Velshi was on my LGA-FLL flight this morning sitting in front of me in C+. He was one spot in front of me on the upgrade list so he must be a PM like me.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 1:19 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

As just phoned in by my husband: Mel Gibson in the T2 lounge at LAX.
KenTarmac likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2018, 1:44 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by david55
As just phoned in by my husband: Mel Gibson in the T2 lounge at LAX.
That's a bit of a surprise, considering his $400M+ net worth, I would've figured him for a Charter Man. Perhaps he's DPJ, but I thought LAX had a special room for them?
Old Oct 11, 2018, 12:10 pm

Right now, DL1212 LAX>DTW, Peter Weller is seated in 1A. Barely recognized him. Forgot his name, but my Google-Fu found it.

Remembered him from a recent Star Trek movie — of course.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by TheHorta
Right now, DL1212 LAX>DTW, Peter Weller is seated in 1A. Barely recognized him. Forgot his name, but my Google-Fu found it.

Remembered him from a recent Star Trek movie — of course.
Robocop flying to Detroit...hmmmmmm
Old Oct 11, 2018, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Robocop flying to Detroit...hmmmmmm
Nice!
Old Oct 13, 2018, 8:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
On Monday, PBI-ATL Edward H. Bastian. He was in first. Thankfully I did not miss the upgrade by one or I might have been annoyed.
Evidently, according to my seatmate he lives in the Palm Beach area and commutes to work. I would not have noticed but the seatmate asked the FA is he was on board. She didn't even know he was on board.
We did get thanked for flying Delta more often than normal.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 9:07 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Originally Posted by pbiflyer
On Monday, PBI-ATL Edward H. Bastian. He was in first. … I would not have noticed but the seatmate asked the FA is he was on board. She didn't even know he was on board.

Maybe he uses a Pseudonym so his employees won't know he is coming aboard, and can observe them. The ones who know him will recognize him immediately, and hopefully everyone is doing their job correctly so nothing happens to them.

We did get thanked for flying Delta more often than normal.
Now that the FA knew he was there
Old Oct 14, 2018, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by teddybear99
Maybe he uses a Pseudonym so his employees won't know he is coming aboard, and can observe them. The ones who know him will recognize him immediately, and hopefully everyone is doing their job correctly so nothing happens to them.

[color=#333333] Now that the FA knew he was there
Might work in a number of industries. However security rules and FAA/DOT manifest rules would preclude using a fake name.
Old Oct 14, 2018, 6:53 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
On Monday, PBI-ATL Edward H. Bastian. He was in first. Thankfully I did not miss the upgrade by one or I might have been annoyed.
You think he's flying NRSA?
Old Oct 14, 2018, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Might work in a number of industries. However security rules and FAA/DOT manifest rules would preclude using a fake name.
really then tell that to Celebrities who fly under different names not to be noticed.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 6:09 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by teddybear99
I would hope the FAs would recognize him considering he's in the safety video...

Interesting that he was in F; I thought when the WSJ put him and Parker in coach on the 777s for their article, Bastian remarked that senior management gets coach for flights less than three hours.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Caesars Diamond, K Fund
Seat mate yesterday LAS-JFK was Randy Couture(3 time heavyweight champ UFC). Super cool guy and hunkered down in 1A. Don't think many people recognized him.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.