Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on DL Flights

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2015, 7:49 pm

Location: Cary, NC, USA - AA Plt 3mm/DL Dia 2mm, Hil/Dia Life, Bonvoy/Titanium Life, Spire
Do we have to limit this to DL or any airline? I don't remember the particular airline sometimes, but I know a lot of A listers I saw flew USAIR. Next to Jesse Jackson in F, BJ Thomas in F (had to ask who he was when the FA asked for his autograph), Jerry Lewis (booked the entire F section), Dan Quayle (gave my seat up to him so he could sit next to his wife), my state congressman David Price (going through RDU security), Terry Bradshaw, at ORD, Katie Kouric & husband (sitting next to my wife at BGI, waiting for her JetBlue flight to NYC), Rick Flair, too many athletes to name (not a big sports fan), Renee Zellwegger at AA counter at BNA, when she was dating Kenny Chesney. Proud to say I have never asked for any autographs or bothered any of them. I'm hoping to run into the guy wearing the DYKWIA cap! LOL

-outoftown, posting from HI Express, Dublin, Ireland

Last edited by outoftown; Nov 23, 2015 at 7:57 pm
Old Nov 24, 2015, 6:42 am

Programs: DL Diamond and MM, UA 1K, Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by sethb
I'm going to guess that B25 was ATL; next year it might be SEA (or some similar number could be).
Correct. Sorry. After 250k miles on Delta so far this year everything is a blur.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 11:01 am

Many in the last six months: John Luke Robertson and his wife seated in Delta One from ATL - LAX on their way to their honeymoon; sat next to Brooke Burke in F from DTW - LAX (was the most hated person on the plane that day LOL); Robert Herjavec and Kym Johnson from JFK - LAX; Meek Mill in Delta One from LAX - ATL.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 2:28 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by sunnyjl
Many in the last six months: John Luke Robertson and his wife seated in Delta One from ATL - LAX on their way to their honeymoon; sat next to Brooke Burke in F from DTW - LAX (was the most hated person on the plane that day LOL); Robert Herjavec and Kym Johnson from JFK - LAX; Meek Mill in Delta One from LAX - ATL.
Sorry to say this (and probably reflects on my cluelessness), but I had absolutely NO IDEA who any of these people are and had to google every one of them!

And I still do not recognize any of them!!
Old Nov 27, 2015, 4:38 pm

Programs: Platinum, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
Sorry to say this (and probably reflects on my cluelessness), but I had absolutely NO IDEA who any of these people are and had to google every one of them!

I agree!

A while ago a FA was very excited because, "We have Chris Judd flying with us today".

Hubby to me: Who?
Me: Wasn't he married to Jennifer Lopez? Some dancer before the Marco guy she married and had kids with?
Hubby: Who?

Found out later that the guy is some local football player/captain. *snore*
Old Nov 28, 2015, 12:29 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Perhaps we need a rule that anyone who posts a celebrity name also has to describe how they're a celebrity or post a link to somewhere explaining who they are. I've long since given up Googling for all "celebrities" posted here.

Example (true): A couple of weeks ago I was in FC with former Utah Governor, US EPA Administrator, and US Secretary of Health and Human Services Michael Leavitt and his wife.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 6:03 pm

Programs: skymiles, 1 MM-DM
Originally Posted by lbcnu
Chef Robert Irvine from Food Network in the SFO SC now.
I would love to hear his comments on the food served. Especially coach on the long hauls. And his face just about tells you what He thinks
Old Nov 28, 2015, 7:59 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Howste
Perhaps we need a rule that anyone who posts a celebrity name also has to describe how they're a celebrity or post a link to somewhere explaining who they are.

Example (true): A couple of weeks ago I was in FC with former Utah Governor, US EPA Administrator, and US Secretary of Health and Human Services Michael Leavitt and his wife.

+1 - I think that all of those I've posted over the years on this thread are instantly recognized- though maybe not after watching Jay Walking or Water's World..... So many people are clueless about things that really matter.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Tomphot
+1 - I think that all of those I've posted over the years on this thread are instantly recognized- though maybe not after watching Jay Walking or Water's World..... So many people are clueless about things that really matter.
Except Jay Walking always proved the electorate knows who the celebrities are but not who the VP and Speaker of the House are.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 4:23 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by notdomestic
I would love to hear his comments on the food served. Especially coach on the long hauls. And his face just about tells you what He thinks
Lol I love Restaurant Impossible
Old Dec 1, 2015, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by ClipperDelta

Seriously? What rock have you been living under? John Luke Robertson of Duck Dynasty; Brooke Burke of Baywatch among many other things (Dancing with the Stars co-host
most recently); Robert Herjavec, mogul from Shark Tank; Kym Johnson, dance pro on Dancing with the Stars; and Meek Mill, major worldwide rap star...?
Old Dec 1, 2015, 2:02 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Seriously? What rock have you been living under? John Luke Robertson of Duck Dynasty; Brooke Burke of Baywatch among many other things (Dancing with the Stars co-host
most recently); Robert Herjavec, mogul from Shark Tank; Kym Johnson, dance pro on Dancing with the Stars; and Meek Mill, major worldwide rap star...?
I wouldn't have known who any of those people were. I don't watch any of those shows. I can't remember the last time I watched live television. Everything I want to watch is setup on the DVR. Watching tv is much better when you can skip through the commercials.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 10:04 am

Programs: UA MM, DL DM
Originally Posted by AirTheory
Larry King and his wife in 4B&C on DL 427 tonight. He looks like he's aged 20 years in about 6 months. They boarded him first which has resulted in him being bombarded by every coach pax boarding
King was one of my first sightings - late 90's or early 00's I was waiting in line at a UA gate at IAD. He came blowing up, ignored the people waiting in line and the person who the GA was speaking to, and demanded to know where the Red Carpet Club was. When told that it was many gates away, he cursed (it was apparent that he had been given bad information) and stormed off. Didn't win any new fans at that gate.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 10:18 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Sky Club
Only the Shark Tank guy rings a bell with me. Haven't heard of any other of these "celebs".
Old Dec 1, 2015, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by nogophers
Only the Shark Tank guy rings a bell with me. Haven't heard of any other of these "celebs".
Meek Mill is a name I know, but I certainly wouldn't know him if he sat next to me. The rest, I'm clueless about. I don't want crappy tv. Duck Dynasty? If that is ever on my tv, all of you have my permission to slap me.

I've never, that I know of, seen anyone famous on a flight. I once had a local newscaster on a CAE > ATL flight about 15 years ago. She was friendly, very short, and ate Lemon Drop candies like they were going out of style.

Last edited by MissJ; Dec 1, 2015 at 12:09 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.