Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on DL Flights

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2014, 5:16 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Jet Blue Mosiac, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum, National Executive Elite
Am BOS-LAX. Rob Schneider up front with me in 2A. You wouldn't recognize him at all the way he was dressed.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Now that this thread has deviated in about 6 different directions, there is only one thing to say... IBTL.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 1:08 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier, AA Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by SCEflyer
What makes you privy to such intelligence? And if it is the case, and they are from the US Secret Service, what is your point?
There's a documentary on Netflix made by National Geographic on the US Secret Service. Anyway, it actually documented preparations of security for a UNGA and from what I recall, the USSS did provide protection for heads of state/government that attend the UNGA.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 2:52 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K, AA EXP, US G, SPG P, HH D, MR G, NEXUS/GE, DL AMEX Reserve
Pic for all of those who didn't go to the Twitter link:
Old Sep 29, 2014, 3:58 pm

Programs: AS, US, Hilton, BA, DL, SPG, AA, VS
Originally Posted by Pathfinder813
There's a documentary on Netflix made by National Geographic on the US Secret Service. Anyway, it actually documented preparations of security for a UNGA and from what I recall, the USSS did provide protection for heads of state/government that attend the UNGA.
According to the USSS's webpage (http://www.secretservice.gov/protection.shtml), they protect "visiting heads of foreign states or governments," ie presidents/monarchs/PMs. The State Department's Diplomatic Security (http://www.state.gov/m/ds/protection/c8756.htm) protects, among others, cabinet level foreign dignitaries.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by fischi
You might be thinking of President Poroshenko - the good cop to Yatsenyuk's bad cop in international relations.

Good point.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 1:47 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
On DCA-ATL this morning, I was on an upgrade which cleared at the window. I was in a window seat next to Mitt Romney. He was quite polite, although he pretty much kept to himself. At the end of the flight he was standing in the jetway by the door to the stairs leading to the tarmac, presumably waiting for a Porsche to take him somewhere.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by ND76
On DCA-ATL this morning, I was on an upgrade which cleared at the window. I was in a window seat next to Mitt Romney. He was quite polite, although he pretty much kept to himself. At the end of the flight he was standing in the jetway by the door to the stairs leading to the tarmac, presumably waiting for a Porsche to take him somewhere.
last year sometime i was flying MCO-LGA and i was #1 for 1 seat on the upgrade list. 2C had been showing empty on the delta app. seconds before boarding mitt romney shows up at the gate, chats with the GA and boards with F. my upgrade does not clear and i board with the Sky zone. as i walk through F, who is sitting in 2C? MITT ROMNEY.

mitt romney stole my seat!
Old Oct 2, 2014, 8:25 am

Programs: DL, AA, UA
Mitt Romney

Maybe Romney paid for his seat.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 2:47 pm

Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM
Once I was heading up to DC for work, and was almost through security in ATL. My coworker tapped my shoulder and told me to look back at the the security line. And there was Ciara and Future getting in line. I had no idea how small and petite she was, especially standing next to him.
Old Oct 5, 2014, 11:47 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG GOLD, UA DIRT, AA PLAT, US (RIP), Hilton HHonors
flew with shaq last week

Last Thursday afternoon I was flying on a CRJ from ATL to HPN and Shaqiulle O'neal was seated in 1B... how he fit on a CRJ I do not have a clue
Old Oct 6, 2014, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by Nathan11
Maybe Romney paid for his seat.
but that ruins my story!
Old Oct 6, 2014, 9:24 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Wait. Are we saying that Mitt Romney is now a Federal Air Marshal?
Old Oct 6, 2014, 9:44 am

Hermain Cain was in the D LGA Sky Club yesterday. You couldn't miss him in his cowboy hat. He was friendly and a gentlemen. It was an honor to talk with him even though it was brief.^
Old Oct 6, 2014, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Stevie Wonder

Currently flying on board DL995 LAX-JFK. Stevie Wonder sitting in 4B, relative/friend/hired help in 4C, and me in 4D.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.