Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on DL Flights

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2014, 9:48 am

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Originally Posted by phenobarbital
As far as I know- he always flies commercial.

I'd like to see your sources for the "not that often"..
+1. I used to work for an ex-Governor. He flew in private jets when a donor/supporter offered, at zero expense to himself.

Last edited by Canarsie; May 5, 2014 at 3:27 pm Reason: Removed potential political discussion.
Old May 5, 2014, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by FlyDeltaJets87
Fair enough, but you feel that way about ALL politicians and celebrities who use private jets too, right?
Not too sure I get your point.... When Sec of state travels in the 757 that is his office. But when I see an Ex governor getting into a PVT, I'm not assuming that is his office, he might conduct business while on the jet. The same can be said with Tom Cruise..
Old May 5, 2014, 7:16 pm

Programs: DL PM, HY-PL, National-Executive Elite, Hilton - Gold, Marriot-Gold, IGH-Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
Some Compass aircraft have registrations ending in CZ
Yup, It was a Compass flight with CZ on the tail. E175.

Funny enough, he was on my flight back Thursday morning as well!
Old May 15, 2014, 6:39 am

Programs: DL DM; UA Gold; SPG Titanium
Just got off DL2902 (JFK-BOS) with Nobel Peace Prize winner and former Liberian President Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf. She does not travel light! Had at least eight staffers, several bodyguards, and was met gateside by a Massachusetts State Police caravan.
Old May 15, 2014, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Elder Neil L. Andersen of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles (LDS Church) was pointed out to me today at SLC T1. Didn't catch which airline he was on though, since he and his wife zipped down the PreCheck lane.

-J.
Old May 16, 2014, 8:49 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA PLT, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GW McLintock
Elder Neil L. Andersen of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles (LDS Church) was pointed out to me today at SLC T1. Didn't catch which airline he was on though, since he and his wife zipped down the PreCheck lane.

-J.
Originally Posted by beefman003
Just got off DL2902 (JFK-BOS) with Nobel Peace Prize winner and former Liberian President Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf. She does not travel light! Had at least eight staffers, several bodyguards, and was met gateside by a Massachusetts State Police caravan.
Interesting examples of 'celebrities.' Not sure if it's because of my young(er) age, but I have no clue whom either of these people are.
Old May 16, 2014, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by clr4t8koff
Interesting examples of 'celebrities.' Not sure if it's because of my young(er) age, but I have no clue whom either of these people are.
I didn't either, by name, but presumably that's why their titles were included. I at least know what those are/mean.
Old May 16, 2014, 12:11 pm

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
I see a lot of names on here that I don't recognize. Probably because I'm 23 years old. But every once in a while someone will include a title (member os such and such band, former congressman, talk show host, or whatever), so it sheds a little light.

I know who Neil L. Andersen is (and GW McLintock even spelled his surname properly with an 'e', good job), and I've heard of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, after living in Ghana for a couple years and having Liberian friends.
Old May 16, 2014, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Here in SLC, he is pretty well-known.

Originally Posted by brocklee9000
I know who Neil L. Andersen is (and GW McLintock even spelled his surname properly with an 'e', good job), and I've heard of Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, after living in Ghana for a couple years and having Liberian friends.

-J.
Old May 17, 2014, 3:04 pm

Andre 3000

I was recently in TPA waiting for my flight to ATL and Andre 3000 walked out of the gate door. He stood at the gate for a few minutes with his driver (not sure how the driver got to meet him at the gate). He was noticed by a few other people and very congenial. Had a few people with him but no big entourage.
Old May 18, 2014, 1:55 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, DL plat, UA Silver, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, National Executive
I must preface that I am not a wrestling fan. But I flew yesterday JAN-ATL and "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DeBiase was on the flight.

Sitting next to him in the terminal, some 10 year old kid come over and said hello and asked for a picture. Very nice guy.
I think he was surprised to be recognized by someone so young.
Old May 29, 2014, 4:02 pm

Programs: Club interjet; Airbnb
5/29 DL476 LAX-JFK:
Harry Hamlin (LA Law) and wife Lisa Rinna (Days of Our Lives) were in BE. My wife and I were in the two center seats row 2 and they were in singles starboard side, 2 and 3.
Nice looking couple, and he was very gracious when approached by a fan while deboarding.
Old May 29, 2014, 4:10 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by hiyo
Harry Hamlin (LA Law Mad Men)
... keeping you current
Old May 29, 2014, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

There was an olympic gold medalist from snowboarding on my SLC-ATL flight DL2218 this morning. I didn't see him (since I don't know who he is) but the FA was telling me about him. He was sitting in F.

-J.
Old May 29, 2014, 8:56 pm

Programs: Club interjet; Airbnb
I can't believe I didn't list "Shameless," another current series of his!
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
... keeping you current

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.