Celebrity Sightings on DL Flights

Old Nov 4, 13, 10:22 am

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 Million Miler; Marriott Titanium Lifetime
In F or Y?
Old Nov 4, 13, 3:08 pm

Programs: DL-PM, 1MM; HH-Gold; Avis First
Originally Posted by A4K View Post
Very surprised the former President would fly commercial. Was there a secret service member onboard? I think former Presdients now have lifetime protection.
President Carter had two Secret Service agents with him a couple years back when he was on my flight to ZRH from ATL. President Carter walked through the entire plane and shook a lot of hands before push-back, then got comfortable in BE section for the remainder of the flight.
Old Nov 4, 13, 7:00 pm

Programs: DL DM & 1 MM, Hilton Silver, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by A4K View Post
Very surprised the former President would fly commercial. Was there a secret service member onboard? I think former Presdients now have lifetime protection.
Yes, there were at least two secret service agents on board, although they weren't up front with the Carters. I believe they were pretty close to the front of EC.
Old Nov 21, 13, 1:04 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, SPG Platinum, AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Plat, Avis PC, National Exec
LGA - BOS - LGA

Sting and his wife both ways on my day trip on Tuesday to Boston.
Old Nov 21, 13, 1:07 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, SPG Platinum, AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Plat, Avis PC, National Exec
JFK - LAX

A few weeks ago sat next to Nick Offerman (a.k.a. Ron Swanson from Parks and Rec) in BE to LAX. Really nice guy and very much like his character!
Old Nov 21, 13, 2:42 pm

Programs: DL PM 1.53MM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM.
Kurt Russell, ATL-LAX on Friday 11/15. Had a limo driver waiting for him at baggage claim.

David
Old Nov 21, 13, 6:32 pm

Programs: DL PM as of 12/8/2016
Originally Posted by squashgw View Post
LGA - BOS - LGA

Sting and his wife both ways on my day trip on Tuesday to Boston.
A friend and I saw Sting and his wife at Waiting for Godot (Broadway) last week. He was about 5 people in front of us in the queue. Didn't notice where he was sitting in the theater..
Old Nov 24, 13, 10:21 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Platinum
I flew from Amsterdam to Kiev on Thursday on KLM and Dutch Footballer Jeremain Lens (plays for FC Kiev) was on my flight.. I was in Europe Business Class and he and his girlfriend / wife were as well. The FA asked me if I would move seats so they could sit together and I did. I had no clue who he was but the FAs were all over them and the Captain came out to speak to them before take off as well so I asked around and got the scoop on who he was. As we were taxiing out, one of the Flight Attendants comes up to them and says something, then his girlfriend / wife gets up and they pulled the curtain in the front of the cabin closed. The girlfriend / wife sat in the cockpit for takeoff and about the 1st 1.5 hours of the flight.. Then she finally came out and sat back in her seat and he went and sat in the cockpit for the remainder of the flight and landing.. Pretty amazed they allowed that, don't think that would go over too well in the States..
Old Nov 26, 13, 8:23 pm

Programs: DL - DM, AA, UA, HH, Hertz
Not sure if this counts, but he's a celebrity in my book: Ronald Allen, former Delta CEO and current president and CEO of Aaron's, SFO-ATL this evening.
Old Nov 26, 13, 8:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Platinum New Name: KeepClimbingEd
Originally Posted by cbc812 View Post
Not sure if this counts, but he's a celebrity in my book: Ronald Allen, former Delta CEO and current president and CEO of Aaron's, SFO-ATL this evening.
Did you tell him the current livery is better than the boring one he approved?

What is Aaron??
Old Nov 26, 13, 8:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Platinum New Name: KeepClimbingEd
Originally Posted by cbc812 View Post
OMG... rent to own furniture?? How awful. I think I'd just retire before being CEO of a company in that dog industry.
Old Nov 26, 13, 11:46 pm
Original Member

Got downgraded out of FC

UVF->ATL, to let St Lucia’s Prime Minister Kenny Anthony and some members of his cabinets sit in FC..I ended up with in first row of EC, no one sitting either side of me...He was gracious though, and let me take a pic with him, even if no-one else beside me knew who he was.. they were on their way Taiwan to have talks with the Chinese...

Last edited by UKbritt; Nov 26, 13 at 11:58 pm
Old Nov 27, 13, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by KeepClimbingDick View Post
Did you tell him the current livery is better than the boring one he approved?

What is Aaron??
You rent furniture and electronics, that Aaron's.
Old Dec 6, 13, 8:29 am

Programs: AA GLD Skymiles FO, a+ rewards lifetime elite, AS, Marriott gold, PC plat, spg gold, HH gold
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/nationa...ernet-d/ncDDF/

Claire Holt 3 December in 1D. Captain did not know who she was.
Old Dec 6, 13, 8:34 am

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by turkeyRIOO View Post
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/nationa...ernet-d/ncDDF/

Claire Holt 3 December in 1D. Captain did not know who she was.
Funny, I've never received a handwritten note from the Captain -- then I followed the link and saw her picture...now I get it...

Search this Thread
Search Engine: