Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrity Sightings on DL Flights

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2004, 7:40 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

If we are counting codeshares-- flew in the FC cabin on AF with Johnny Depp and his family a couple of months ago from CDG/LAX. J. Depp, Vanessa Paradis, 2 little kids, nanny and personal asst. J. Depp was very pleasant but, of interest, is when a FA asked me if Mr. Depp was "famous in America." I replied that he is extremely famous. She said that the AF crew were so excited because of Mr. Depp's companion, Vanessa Paradis who is a great celebrity in France.
BTW, I watched "Pirates of the Caribbean" while Mr. Depp was across the aisle. A surreal experience.
Old Feb 14, 2004, 9:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: NW Plat, UA 2P, DL FO, HH Silver, Starwood Gold
Sat across from Ronde Barber this morning on flight 395 TPAATL. Didn't see if he was wearing his Super Bowl ring though. Very classy guy, and quite friendly to boot!!
Old Feb 14, 2004, 9:26 pm

Hmmm, let's see, I haven't seen anybody really famous in the last couple of years (I think they all ride Gulfstreams now) but in the past 14 years I've been in first class with:

Huey Lewis
Jimmy Carter
Don Shula
Newt Gingrich (he loves his Budweiser)
Coretta Scott King
Jerry Springer (is he famous?)
Dominique Wilkins
Peyton Manning
Johnnie Cochran
"Steve" the security guy from Jerry Springer
the Cleveland Cavaliers (before they started riding their own equipment)
A. J. Foyt
Stan Smith (tennis)
Fran Tarkenton
Dick Butkus
Pete Rose (CVG CRC, complaining about not being able to upgrade, lol)
C. Edward Koop
Hillary Rodham Clinton (before Bill was elected, on a flight out to LAX on the day of the California primary)
Jim McMahon (dippin Skoal all the way)
several ESPN announcers in and out of TYS
Hugh Downs
Johnny Bench
Andre the Giant (lol)

I guess that's it.

Regards

Jerry

------------------
"Burnin' out his fuse up here alone"
Old Feb 14, 2004, 10:08 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by hazmo:
Andre the Giant (lol)</font>
I forgot until I read this that he was on a US flight I took many years before my DL days.
At 7’4” and 500 lbs., he was the biggest human being I have ever seen.
Except, perhaps, for the dude next to me on a RJ the other day....but that’s a subject for another thread....

Old Feb 14, 2004, 10:19 pm
RCC

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by atl runner:
Was that Jon Voigt the ACTOR or John Voigt the DENTIST you saw? (this will only mean something to Seinfeld fans--sorry)
</font>
I was thinking the same thing....

I ran in to Judge Ito (OJ Case) in Orlando in July of 03....SUPER nice person to chat with.

I saw Diana Ross in Las Vegas airport back in 98 or 99, I dont remember to be exact.

I saw Michael Jordan, but he had about 1 million people around him in Atlanta airport....it was really as good as not seeing him...

I saw Brandi, R&B singer....

I seen some others but really dont recall.....for the most part people are pretty cool if you just approach them in a calm manner...I feel they are people & just leave them alone, they like their privacy....

Ric
Old Feb 15, 2004, 10:31 pm

Too cool. I'd love to run into her as we have some mutual friends.

RMX

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GoCanes:
I sat next to Missy Elliot on flight from SEA-JFK back in November.</font>
Old Feb 15, 2004, 10:37 pm

Me and George Harrison. A great story and a great flight.
Old Feb 15, 2004, 10:48 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by obscure2k:
Me and George Harrison. A great story and a great flight. </font>
Now that’s someone I would have LOVED to meet!! Little late now....
You’ve got to tell us this story, O2K....

Old Feb 15, 2004, 11:01 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Cholula:
Now that’s someone I would have LOVED to meet!! Little late now....
You’ve got to tell us this story, O2K....

</font>
Next time the O2K's and the Cholula's dine, I will tell you the very wonderful story of my head in George Harrison's lap. Randy, if you are listening-- this is G-rated. (well, maybe PG rated, if you factor in my fantasies).
Old Feb 16, 2004, 1:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
[quote]<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by obscure2k:

Next time the O2K's and the Cholula's dine, I will tell you the very wonderful story of my head in George Harrison's lap. Randy, if you are listening-- this is G-rated. (well, maybe PG rated, if you factor in my fantasies).
</font>
By, that, I presume, you mean that George only "whipped out his Cholula" in your dreams.

Good thing you are not a Canadian hooker!

(For those who do not understand this, go to page 10 of the infamous Cholula Spam thread.)

Old Feb 16, 2004, 4:06 am

Location: Mesa, AZ., USA, DL Gold,CRC,WN whatever,AA nobody,HHonors Diamond,Starwood Gold, could careless about Rental Car Co's.
My fabulous encounters:

1. Tom Jones (disguised terribly)
2. Oscar de la Jolla (spelling) the boxer
3...the actress (name?) who played with Kevin Costner in "Dances With Wolves"
Old Feb 16, 2004, 4:41 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Crown Room Club Member, United Mileage Plus, HiltonHonors
Mark McGrath (lead singer of the group Sugaray) on a JFK-LAX flight last month.
Old Feb 16, 2004, 6:43 am

Programs: DL 2MM DM & My Wife is a DL 3MM DM
I just remembered that I was once on a flight with THE Colonel Sanders. This was around 1970 from SRQ to ATL, and, if truth be told, it was probably Eastern and not Delta. Of course he was in FC and I wasn't, but he was dressed and looked EXACTLY as if he had stepped off of one of the signs at his restaurants (he must have been about 80 at the time).
Old Feb 16, 2004, 6:59 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

In the mid-80's...I was once on a DCA to NYC shuttle and the door closed on the plane... I marvelled that I had one of the only empty seats between me and another passenger. Suddenly I heard very heavy footsteps. Each step rocked the plane and I looked up and I thought..."Oh, God... not here please don't sit here...." There was the biggest man I have ever seen filling the aisle as he walked covered in leather and chains... of course the Gods were not with me and he squeezed in and took the middle seat. I was trapped against the window and gasping for air...the man reeked of alcohol and before we had finished taxing he had fallen alseep....snoring very loudly....it wasn't until the middle of the flight I had the nerve to take a good look at this sleeping giant...it was Hercules Hernandez... the hottest WWF wrestling star of his time.

[This message has been edited by david4455 (edited Feb 16, 2004).]
Old Feb 17, 2004, 2:34 pm

Micheal Vick (Atlanta Falcon quarterback) ATL-ORF December 2002 the day following their loss in the playoffs. Much smaller than I expected, and moving slow due to the pounding he took the day before. Signed a couple of autographs for Delta crew and gate agents, then put on his headphones and hunkered down in his seat...not interested in talking...can't say I blame him.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.