Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Silver Medallion...what does it get you?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Silver Medallion...what does it get you?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2011, 6:31 am

Programs: DL DM (PMNW), occasional AMTK, National Exec Elite and IHG Spire
Originally Posted by hopke85
Has anyone ever had luck politely asking a GA to add oneself to the Upgrade Standby list for the actual flight you cross over the 25k mark? Do they even have the ability to do that?
Originally Posted by thepointsguy
They have the ability. Whether they'd do it or not is another story. I've asked when traveling on companion certs and award tix and have been put on upgrade list..so anything is possible.
No such luck in ATL boarding a flight to SAT with 1D empty. That was my 30th EQS for this calendar year, after a few years largely grounded due to the economy and a job change. I figured it'd be my luck to see a rare - for a Silver - potential UG come and go.

Oh, well... at least my bags will go home free on my return to FNT. Hello, Zone 2.

OT, anyone know how long it'll take Delta.com to show my new "tin" status? My history is showing 30 EQS, but it's still showing base member on the site. Also wondering if I'll have to call Delta to do the old "delete, and reenter" FF number routine for my newly-earned status to show on this PNR.

Thanks! Good to be back on the forum after a few years.

[Update... got my "Welcome to Silver Medallion" email from Jeff today. Guess I'm in.]

Last edited by dmitzel; Aug 10, 2011 at 10:02 pm Reason: Answered my own question
Old Dec 12, 2011, 7:37 pm

Partner question

Has anyone had Delta status matched on Alaska? I've just recently reached FO but Alaska has the only non-stop and saves me ~$200/trip.

Alternatively, it won't take long to reach GM next year, flying either one. So maybe I'll probably wait to switch back if I can't get status match.

I'd think it would only be possible if they were partners and I've got conflicting information on that front. So, if any responders know, I'd like that verified as well. Thanks.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 4:51 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by naocken
Has anyone had Delta status matched on Alaska? I've just recently reached FO but Alaska has the only non-stop and saves me ~$200/trip.

Alternatively, it won't take long to reach GM next year, flying either one. So maybe I'll probably wait to switch back if I can't get status match.

I'd think it would only be possible if they were partners and I've got conflicting information on that front. So, if any responders know, I'd like that verified as well. Thanks.
Welcome to FT! A long delay after my last welcome.
Why not fly AS and credit to AS (and get status benefits and ability to use miles on DL and AA?) As also has much more partners from both OW and ST.
I thought both DL and AS had reciprocal benefits as well, so as FO you should be OK.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
If I get a bag for free courtesy of FO, is my second bag $30 or $40?
And is FO still a 50lb bag when flying economy, or is it 70lb (I can't remember where I saw that latter weight mentioned).
Old Mar 14, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Gig103
And is FO still a 50lb bag when flying economy, or is it 70lb (I can't remember where I saw that latter weight mentioned).
My understanding is that the second bag would come in at $40. I don’t know about the weight, though.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 8:10 pm

Programs: DL GM, MR Gold, Hilton Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by Gig103
I believe it's 70 lbs for your first bag CONUS, 50 lb elsewhere. If you have a DL Amex, you do get a second free bag (I believe that limit is 50 lb everywhere).
Old Mar 14, 2019, 8:21 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
In economy, I think it's always 50 lbs, but you may have seen the 70 lbs when it comes to bags in first/business/Delta One.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by aquamarinesteph
In economy, I think it's always 50 lbs, but you may have seen the 70 lbs when it comes to bags in first/business/Delta One.
Made me question, so I looked it up. One free 70 lb bag as an FO within US/Canada; scroll down to Medallion members:

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/traveling-with-us/baggage/before-your-trip/checked.html
aquamarinesteph likes this.
Old Mar 16, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
[sung to the tune of Edwin Starr's "War"]

Silver! Medallion!
What is it good for?
Absolutely nothin'!
ORDPSC and cre95 like this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:53 am

I think that's why Delta sent me a pair of socks: I hit Silver medallion. I wasn't really paying attention - I think they started waiving checked baggage charges as well. Then I used some of my miles and got bumped back to the lowest tier. But I still have the socks!
Old Mar 25, 2019, 9:21 pm

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by ConnieDee
I think that's why Delta sent me a pair of socks: I hit Silver medallion. I wasn't really paying attention - I think they started waiving checked baggage charges as well. Then I used some of my miles and got bumped back to the lowest tier. But I still have the socks!
Were the socks silver ?
Old Apr 8, 2019, 9:53 am

They were purple & red. (New uniform colors, maybe.)
Old Aug 12, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Originally Posted by bloc0102
I believe it's 70 lbs for your first bag CONUS, 50 lb elsewhere. If you have a DL Amex, you do get a second free bag (I believe that limit is 50 lb everywhere).
Wife is FO flying solo with two bags - I do see the first bag is 70#. She has the "additional card member" AMEX - is the second (50#) bag free, $30, or $40? Traveling on an award ticket where the $5 fee was put on my AMEX if that matters.

Last edited by orca15; Aug 12, 2019 at 10:53 am
Old Aug 13, 2019, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by orca15
Wife is FO flying solo with two bags - I do see the first bag is 70#. She has the "additional card member" AMEX - is the second (50#) bag free, $30, or $40? Traveling on an award ticket where the $5 fee was put on my AMEX if that matters.
Since she is an additional card member and does not have her own Amex, there will be no additional baggage allowance. I believe she will pay $30 each way for the 2nd bag.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 3:00 pm

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Originally Posted by bloc0102
Since she is an additional card member and does not have her own Amex, there will be no additional baggage allowance. I believe she will pay $30 each way for the 2nd bag.
The official answer, at least according to online check in, was first 70# bag free (FO benefit) and $40 for the second 50# bag. YMMV at the check-in counter with a human.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.