Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mco to Boston to Amsterdam to Mme

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2019, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Mco to Boston to Amsterdam to Mme

I have a through ticket on the above route with a 30 min layover in Boston.Delta sourced the flight.
Is this doable? handl luggage only. I am not a super fit runner...
thx
Old Nov 7, 2019, 5:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you're concerned, start by checking whether you have a legal connection and what MCT is for your combination of flights.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 5:54 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
MCT at BOS for a domestic to international connection is 30 minutes; you are exactly at that number. BOS isn't that big, and you'll make it with a little time to spare if your inbound from MCO is on-time. But that's a big if--any delay and you'll be waiting for the next BOS-AMS flight. Did you book this short of a connection or is it the result of a schedule change? If the latter, you should be able to get it changed.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 6:02 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
There is an existing thread on MCTs at Boston. Basically, 30 min is the minimum connection time for DL domestic to DL international, but little chance for error, especially if you have to walk through the tunnel (all widebodies depart from the satellite concourse).

Should you misconnect, there is a KLM flight that operates later on certain days that they may be able to rebook you on, but it seems to arrive too late to connect to the morning MME flight. Your rebooking options will likely be to wait for the next flight to AMS and then the next flight to MME. Since your flights are through-ticketed, Delta will get you there, but it may involve some waiting and possibly an overnight stay in Boston or several hours in the Amsterdam airport.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Don't get many mentions of MME on here so enjoy your flights to Teesside Airport!
gwensvilla and tigertanaka like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.