Why doesnít DL offer night PJs?

Old Mar 30, 2024, 7:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM & 2MM; Marriott Titanium
Why doesnít DL offer night PJs?

Iím cheating on DLÖflying QSuites to DOH ex-JFK.

FAs asked my size and offered a set of night PJs. Why doesnít DL (and for that matter, KL/AF/VS) do the same? It is a nice touch.

Old Mar 30, 2024, 10:50 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
VS offers pajamas in Upper Class.
dw, Intl359Widget, AJNEDC and 1 others like this.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 11:23 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Marriott Gold Elite
Delta used to on the super long routes, I know LAX-SYD was one of them. I think JFK to Tel Aviv was another and maybe Atlanta to Seoul or Tokyo? But it was too expensive apparently so they just have slippers that don't fit any male over 5'8".

Qantas also offers free pajamas for business class folks flying to or from the US.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 11:29 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
JAL offers PJ tops, but keeps the cabin so warm that they go unused.
dw likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 12:27 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Where are you going to change into them in a 767, A330 or A350 that delta has to offer?
hikouki, dtwtransport and Kerrirdh like this.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 1:33 am

Letís just call it what it is. About $2 Million annual savings.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 4:49 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles

Programs: DL (duh), AA 1MM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Diamond
TBH, I like my own shorts and t-shirt.
indufan and Kerrirdh like this.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by SecurityTheaterFanClubPresident
Delta used to on the super long routes, I know LAX-SYD was one of them. I think JFK to Tel Aviv was another and maybe Atlanta to Seoul or Tokyo? But it was too expensive apparently so they just have slippers that don't fit any male over 5'8".

Qantas also offers free pajamas for business class folks flying to or from the US.
75% time they failed to load them. Crew would have to call and hope they got to plane in time, Otherwise PJs.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 6:26 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Very few airlines offer pajamas in business class. If they were part of the standard offering, maybe the cost would be part of being competitive. But they're not.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 7:17 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (DM), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium, LTP)
I'm being forced to cheat on DL next week flying to PVG. The United Polaris SFO-PVG flight (and its return mate) is a "pajamas" flight. I'll try it out as a novelty. I typically travel long distance in a hoodie, mainly so I can sleep in the t-shirt underneath. So, we'll see. I expect still to view pajamas as a novelty/luxury rather than a necessity.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by chipbennett
I'm being forced to cheat on DL next week flying to PVG. The United Polaris SFO-PVG flight (and its return mate) is a "pajamas" flight. I'll try it out as a novelty. I typically travel long distance in a hoodie, mainly so I can sleep in the t-shirt underneath. So, we'll see. I expect still to view pajamas as a novelty/luxury rather than a necessity.
United doesnít stock enough PJs (or mattress pads) for every seat, so be sure to ask a FA early. I really like the Polaris PJ pants, but I donít like that the shirt has long sleeves.
chipbennett likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 8:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by chipbennett
just like doors on a business class seat.
TheHorta, AJNEDC and chipbennett like this.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 8:23 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles (DM), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium, LTP)
Originally Posted by zeke3
United doesnít stock enough PJs (or mattress pads) for every seat, so be sure to ask a FA early. I really like the Polaris PJ pants, but I donít like that the shirt has long sleeves.
So the folks in the United forum told me, as well. At just over a week from departure, the business class still shows not even half-full. Hopefully it won't be a problem, but I'll be sure to ask early.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 9:16 am

Programs: DL, UA
Originally Posted by metalblaze
Iím cheating on DLÖflying QSuites to DOH ex-JFK.

FAs asked my size and offered a set of night PJs. Why doesnít DL (and for that matter, KL/AF/VS) do the same? It is a nice touch.

money.
jerrychuang likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 10:37 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Plat, Lifetime Skyclub
Originally Posted by Frozenguy
Where are you going to change into them in a 767, A330 or A350 that delta has to offer?
I can never figure out the Jenga contortions required to change in the bathrooms to avoid contaminating my clothes and socks on the perpetually wet bathroom floors.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.