Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Clarification on choosing upgrades as a choice benefit

Clarification on choosing upgrades as a choice benefit

Old Nov 27, 2023, 4:09 pm
  #1  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Posts: 12,737
Clarification on choosing upgrades as a choice benefit

Dear Delta, sages,

I just recently qualified for choice benefits as a platinum. If I understand correctly, if I choose the four regional upgrades, they will only be valid until the end of January 2024.

Even if I wait until January 2024 to choose them, they would only be valid to the end of the same month.

I know that there is recently a change and then they used to be valid for a year after issuing.

Is there a workaround to all this, or is it just better to choose a different benefit?
zrs70 is offline  
Old Nov 27, 2023, 4:11 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Posts: 832
They will be good until 1/31/25 regardless of when you select them.
DLHubber is offline  
Old Nov 27, 2023, 4:32 pm
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Posts: 12,737
Originally Posted by DLHubber
They will be good until 1/31/25 regardless of when you select them.
im still confused, per the screenshot below, which specifies they are valid through Jan 2024.
zrs70 is offline  
Old Nov 27, 2023, 4:36 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Programs: DL DM/2MM
Posts: 1,010
You couldn't have "just recently qualified" for 2023 benefits, because these benefits are based on your qualifying activities in 2022. If you just recently qualified, you would have qualified for 2024 benefits, which expire on Jan. 31, 2025.
safigan is offline  
Old Nov 27, 2023, 4:37 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Minneapolis
Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
Posts: 1,906
Originally Posted by zrs70
im still confused, per the screenshot below, which specifies they are valid through Jan 2024.
Those are for platinum earned during 2022 for the 2023 year.
indufan, hockeystl and DLHubber like this.
jetsfan92588 is offline  
Old Nov 27, 2023, 5:46 pm
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Posts: 12,737
Originally Posted by safigan
You couldn't have "just recently qualified" for 2023 benefits, because these benefits are based on your qualifying activities in 2022. If you just recently qualified, you would have qualified for 2024 benefits, which expire on Jan. 31, 2025.
hmmm. Things arent always this black and white. I think its because I have status via amex centurion. I have to fly I think 12 delta flights to actually get the choice benefits. This may be the issue at hand. The status is for last year, and the choice is a delayed choice.
zrs70 is offline  
Old Nov 27, 2023, 9:28 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Programs: DL PM
Posts: 744
Originally Posted by zrs70
hmmm. Things arent always this black and white. I think its because I have status via amex centurion. I have to fly I think 12 delta flights to actually get the choice benefits. This may be the issue at hand. The status is for last year, and the choice is a delayed choice.
Black and whitea pun about your black card?

Im jealous, but yes that is probably the issue. If you think you can use the four certs before Jan 31, have at it. Otherwise take a travel voucher or maybe gift a friend Silver status (for whatever that is worth these days).
zrs70 and cmn.jcs like this.
tardyturtle is offline  
Old Nov 28, 2023, 4:23 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NYC
Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Posts: 4,236
Originally Posted by tardyturtle
Black and whitea pun about your black card?

Im jealous, but yes that is probably the issue. If you think you can use the four certs before Jan 31, have at it. Otherwise take a travel voucher or maybe gift a friend Silver status (for whatever that is worth these days).
I think the gifting silver status to someone from your 2022 benefits will also expire 1/31/24, so probably not worth it either
Mr. Tickets likes this.
FlyAO2 is offline  
Old Nov 28, 2023, 6:21 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Programs: DL Diamond, UA Gold, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 198
Originally Posted by zrs70
hmmm. Things arent always this black and white. I think its because I have status via amex centurion. I have to fly I think 12 delta flights to actually get the choice benefits. This may be the issue at hand. The status is for last year, and the choice is a delayed choice.
You should call your Centurion concierge and get them to figure this out for you
atldiamond is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.