Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Clarification on choosing upgrades as a choice benefit

Old Nov 27, 2023, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP

Dear Delta, sages,

I just recently qualified for choice benefits as a platinum. If I understand correctly, if I choose the four regional upgrades, they will only be valid until the end of January 2024.

Even if I wait until January 2024 to choose them, they would only be valid to the end of the same month.

I know that there is recently a change and then they used to be valid for a year after issuing.

Is there a workaround to all this, or is it just better to choose a different benefit?
Old Nov 27, 2023, 4:11 pm

They will be good until 1/31/25 regardless of when you select them.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DLHubber
They will be good until 1/31/25 regardless of when you select them.
im still confused, per the screenshot below, which specifies they are valid through Jan 2024.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 4:36 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
You couldn't have "just recently qualified" for 2023 benefits, because these benefits are based on your qualifying activities in 2022. If you just recently qualified, you would have qualified for 2024 benefits, which expire on Jan. 31, 2025.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 4:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
Originally Posted by zrs70
im still confused, per the screenshot below, which specifies they are valid through Jan 2024.
Those are for platinum earned during 2022 for the 2023 year.
indufan, hockeystl and DLHubber like this.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by safigan
You couldn't have "just recently qualified" for 2023 benefits, because these benefits are based on your qualifying activities in 2022. If you just recently qualified, you would have qualified for 2024 benefits, which expire on Jan. 31, 2025.
hmmm. Things arent always this black and white. I think its because I have status via amex centurion. I have to fly I think 12 delta flights to actually get the choice benefits. This may be the issue at hand. The status is for last year, and the choice is a delayed choice.
Old Nov 27, 2023, 9:28 pm

Programs: DL PM
hmmm. Things arent always this black and white. I think its because I have status via amex centurion. I have to fly I think 12 delta flights to actually get the choice benefits. This may be the issue at hand. The status is for last year, and the choice is a delayed choice.
Black and whitea pun about your black card?

Im jealous, but yes that is probably the issue. If you think you can use the four certs before Jan 31, have at it. Otherwise take a travel voucher or maybe gift a friend Silver status (for whatever that is worth these days).
zrs70 and cmn.jcs like this.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 4:23 pm

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by tardyturtle
Black and whitea pun about your black card?

Im jealous, but yes that is probably the issue. If you think you can use the four certs before Jan 31, have at it. Otherwise take a travel voucher or maybe gift a friend Silver status (for whatever that is worth these days).
I think the gifting silver status to someone from your 2022 benefits will also expire 1/31/24, so probably not worth it either
Mr. Tickets likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 6:21 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Gold, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
You should call your Centurion concierge and get them to figure this out for you

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.