Contacts for Revenue Management

Old Nov 3, 2023, 10:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
Contacts for Revenue Management

Does anyone have email contacts for revenue management? DL just changed the routing rules on connection points on a route I fly around 25 times a year, literally cutting my flight options in half. I want to write and see if they’d consider restoring those.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 12:18 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, United Mileage Plus, Marriott Lifetime Silver, SPG Platinum
What route?
Old Nov 4, 2023, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
Does anyone have email contacts for revenue management? DL just changed the routing rules on connection points on a route I fly around 25 times a year, literally cutting my flight options in half. I want to write and see if they’d consider restoring those.
Are you sure routing options changed? Could it be system issue (some routes Ling have had issues with not being able to search for online. This despite being allowed routes. Ie JNB/CPT. Anything on East coast will force ATL connection despite Europeconnections being valid. Midwest/WEST Coast will search all valid options via Europe.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Marriot Gold
GRR-BOS

There are some days I can only get three or four options from GRR-BOS. EF says routing is now only GRR-DTW/NYC-BOS. Used to include MSP and ATL, which was super handy because of the late 7PM GRR-ATL connection that got ATL-BOS around 1 AM.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 11:38 am

Programs: AA,SPG, Delta, Amtrak, JB
Originally Posted by Pianoman109876
Are you being serious or just expressing your frustration? When I was in Revenue Management many years ago, no one would provide you with contact details to speak to us. We didn't speak to the public.
dw, TerryK, RobertS975 and 11 others like this.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 12:10 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by AJNEDC
Are you being serious or just expressing your frustration? When I was in Revenue Management many years ago, no one would provide you with contact details to speak to us. We didn't speak to the public.
And this explains the continued issues with Revenue Management policies and how they impact frequent DL fliers, such as OP. It’s being out of touch with the ones it impacts the most - DL is really showing they could care less about their customers.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by GagaPilot
And this explains the continued issues with Revenue Management policies and how they impact frequent DL fliers, such as OP. It’s being out of touch with the ones it impacts the most - DL is really showing they could care less about their customers.
You really expect non public facing departments of a company - any company to interact with the public? Really? Well alrighty then.

Airline revenue management systems are quite sophisticated and do not need input from fliers to carry out their programming.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I get airline RM is bit different. However, in what company do the people that price things deal directly with the public at large?
indufan, Adam1222, wrp96 and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 12:36 pm

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
You really expect non public facing departments of a company - any company to interact with the public? Really? Well alrighty then.

Airline revenue management systems are quite sophisticated and do not need input from fliers to carry out their programming.
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I get airline RM is bit different. However, in what company do the people that price things deal directly with the public at large?
This would be similar to someone at CapOne or AMEX data science (i.e. decision tree) speaking with customers about how they make credit decisions.
I would guess, absolutely not. (having worked at Capital One))
hhdl and FenwayTim like this.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 12:38 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
By this logic, Delta should make publicly accessible every corporate employee who works on something that people on this forum rant about, including:
- the in flight catering staff, especially staff in charge of wine
-skyclub catering staff
- every person who works on anything related to Skymiles
- the team that looks at corporate acquisitions
-staff that manage relationships with regional carriers
- staff that picks hotels for irrops....
​​​​​​
Old Nov 4, 2023, 12:42 pm

Programs: DL DM

Yes I do. Or, at least be available via some form of contact other than a frontline customer service rep who is clueless. As a customer, I contribute to their salary. Without customers, RM isn’t necessary.

Originally Posted by lindros2
This would be similar to someone at CapOne or AMEX data science (i.e. decision tree) speaking with customers about how they make credit decisions.

It’s entirely possible. You just have to escalate.

Originally Posted by Adam1222
By this logic, Delta should make publicly accessible every corporate employee who works on something that people on this forum rant about, including:
- the in flight catering staff, especially staff in charge of wine
-skyclub catering staff
- every person who works on anything related to Skymiles
- the team that looks at corporate acquisitions
-staff that manage relationships with regional carriers
- staff that picks hotels for irrops....
​​​​​​
Again, every department should be contactable if they interact with a customer in any way. I know you think DL does no wrong, but at some point they have to be held accountable.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 12:42 pm

Programs: former MD-88 jumpseat Medallion. DL GM, AA PLT. Marriott LT Plat.
RM is literally there to maximize revenue FOR DELTA and is under zero obligation to provide any of their trade secrets to consumers.

I get OP is talking about connecting points and not fares in general, but if restricting connection passengers from certain hubs frees up seats on THOSE flights for customers paying a higher fare, its certainly within their right to do so.
moondog, flygirl68, wrp96 and 8 others like this.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by lindros2
Sometimes I wonder if some of these posters have ever ever worked for a company. Given not only the litigious nature of humans, but the rise of SM and its distortions, more and more companies as a matter of fact take great care who speaks for them in order to protect their brands.
indufan, flyerCO, ATLCDG and 7 others like this.

Last edited by AJNEDC; Nov 4, 2023 at 12:51 pm
Old Nov 4, 2023, 12:58 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by flyerCO
However, in what company do the people that price things deal directly with the public at large?
I agree with you but they really should consider it. I work for a very large multi-national corporation and our pricing folks made a decision years ago to be willing to speak with customers directly.

It has built a tremendous amount of goodwill with customers over the years. And occasionally it resulted in changes based on unexpected feedback.

Then again, we rarely make pricing decisions that enrage customers, so............
GagaPilot likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 1:07 pm

Programs: Delta Death March, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Yes I do. Or, at least be available via some form of contact other than a frontline customer service rep who is clueless. As a customer, I contribute to their salary. Without customers, RM isn’t necessary.
It’s entirely possible. You just have to escalate.
Again, every department should be contactable if they interact with a customer in any way. I know you think DL does no wrong, but at some point they have to be held accountable.
I greatly respect you, but having worked on some at-the-time-trade-secret initiatives - and if you do a search on CapOne's means to offer more credit/new cards to people who maxed out their credit lines - I'm gonna have to respectfully disagree here.

(yes, RM is different, but... in my experience working with Delta, they are the most protected people - short of chief economist - I've interacted with. Professionally, not as a schmuck consumer)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.