Upgrade to delta one

Old Oct 12, 2023, 11:10 am
Original Poster

Upgrade to delta one

I booked a flight from JFK to FCO in comfort+ with miles. Then did a cash upgrade to delta one. On my return trip it won't let me assign my seat, there's three available but X'ed out. I called and messaged delta and was told a gate agent would assign us a seat at airport. When I check online it does show delta one but no seat. Should I be worried?
Old Oct 12, 2023, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Probably not - they'll likely assign one of those x-ed out seats at the airport, or you may be able to pick it when online check-in opens.
You can also set up an ExpertFlyer.com alert in case any seat becomes available, I believe they allow one alert for free, otherwise it's a paid service.
busdriver11 likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 12:23 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles - Platinum; Hertz - President's Circle; Expedia - Gold
The inability to choose a seat might have to do with the need to verify your documents during check-in at the airport.

Always a problem with foreign destinations where one needs a visa or a return ticket - even free selection of Comfort+ seats by a Platinum medallion doesn't work without help from support line.

This problem might also cause a PM / DM miss their early upgrade window (5-7 days in advance). However, sometimes that window works even with unverified documents
Old Oct 12, 2023, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Firstboss
The inability to choose a seat might have to do with the need to verify your documents during check-in at the airport.

Always a problem with foreign destinations where one needs a visa or a return ticket - even free selection of Comfort+ seats by a Platinum medallion doesn't work without help from support line.

This problem might also cause a PM / DM miss their early upgrade window (5-7 days in advance). However, sometimes that window works even with unverified documents
Travel Documents have nothing to do with seat assignments.

All widebodies on international routes have certain seats blocked. They'll be assigned by gate agent. One seat on longer flights is kept for pilot rest, but if pilot doesnt wish to use, gate can assign. (2A on A330 and 5A on 767 are designated pilot rest seats. This is why those seats have curtains)
Mr. Tickets likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.