Delta ONE catering -- Need help

Old Oct 6, 2023, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion& 2 Million Miler; Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Delta ONE catering -- Need help

Hi - i'm on a flight next week to Lima. Need help with menu selection.

I've had the Fox Bros. beef rib many times so trying to do something different.

For those who have tried these items, would you go with the crab cake w/ artichoke risotto or the duck leg confit with polenta and red wine tomato sauce?

Thanks!!
Old Oct 6, 2023, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ATLConsultant

For those who have tried these items, would you go with the crab cake w/ artichoke risotto or the duck leg confit with polenta and red wine tomato sauce?

Thanks!!
Always go crab cakes. One of few consistently good meals.
ACCDraw and ATLConsultant like this.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Always go crab cakes. One of few consistently good meals.

Went with the crab cakes and they were very good. Ditto the artichoke risotto. Would definitely order again. Service was good but not great.

Service on way back from Peru was great by FA but horrid by purser. She was lazy, didn't come around and announce herself as the purser or call us by our first or last name. I wanted a bloody mary and a mimosa for my breakfast (bloody with eggs and sausage and mimosa with fruit) and the FA had no issue giving me this but when the purser saw it she went ballistic and made the FA go back to me and tell me to rescind one of the drinks. I was completely humiliated. Everyone was watching. I said: "Well today is full of firsts. I've never had a Delta FA in Delta ONE tell me I couldn't have a cocktail and a wine at same time and i've also never had a purser who didn't introduce herself as purser or call me by name when coming around to validate meal orders." The purser was surrounded by her FAs at this point and when i said this they just sort of looked up in the air but not at her. She also just looked up in the air and said aloud to the FAs "let's get going back on service now." She never responded to my comment and most certainly never apologized. Was disgusting.
lc412000 and Synapseturquoise like this.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 6:40 pm

Thanks!!

before you board the plane go to One Flew South. Skip the reheated tv dinner

and file a complaint with Delta on the purser
lc412000 likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2023, 9:08 am
Original Poster

One Flew South is fantastic. They just opened another restaurant (same name) in Reynoldstown, at the end of the Atlanta Beltline (walkway).
Old Oct 20, 2023, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.3MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Went with the crab cakes and they were very good. Ditto the artichoke risotto. Would definitely order again. Service was good but not great.

Service on way back from Peru was great by FA but horrid by purser. She was lazy, didn't come around and announce herself as the purser or call us by our first or last name. I wanted a bloody mary and a mimosa for my breakfast (bloody with eggs and sausage and mimosa with fruit) and the FA had no issue giving me this but when the purser saw it she went ballistic and made the FA go back to me and tell me to rescind one of the drinks. I was completely humiliated. Everyone was watching. I said: "Well today is full of firsts. I've never had a Delta FA in Delta ONE tell me I couldn't have a cocktail and a wine at same time and i've also never had a purser who didn't introduce herself as purser or call me by name when coming around to validate meal orders." The purser was surrounded by her FAs at this point and when i said this they just sort of looked up in the air but not at her. She also just looked up in the air and said aloud to the FAs "let's get going back on service now." She never responded to my comment and most certainly never apologized. Was disgusting.
Id just be happy you got service instead of the new routine of "turbulence was forecasted so we didnt do anything".

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.