Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What will happen if I say Yes to this unprofessional Delta Rep

Old Sep 18, 2023, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, China Eastern Platinum, United Gold, Hainan Airlines Gold, China Southern Gold, AC25K

Currently Delta should only allow you to use one GUC. But this rep insisted on using to to clear to Delta One. Should I just accept the “offer”?

Old Sep 18, 2023, 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by zhangjingwei07
Currently Delta should only allow you to use one GUC. But this rep insisted on using to to clear to Delta One. Should I just accept the “offer”?

if you have GUC to burn why not?
Old Sep 18, 2023, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, China Eastern Platinum, United Gold, Hainan Airlines Gold, China Southern Gold, AC25K
Originally Posted by shoodawg
if you have GUC to burn why not?
I am not sure this is OK because it’s against Delta policy. And I doubt if the ticketing department will actually use 2 certs.
ACCDraw and Goodoldflyer like this.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 5:54 pm

I assume people only use chat for the entertainment. You don’t actually trust them do things to your tickets do you? If you do, the new skymiles program should be the least of your problem

you have given control of your ticket to a poorly trained agent who’s working five or six different chats at the same time and probably confused or just does the wrong thing for entertainment. So when you get to the airport, you won’t even have a ticket
Old Sep 18, 2023, 7:53 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
So what was their response to your answer?
Old Sep 18, 2023, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by birdiedouble
So what was their response to your answer?
They re-issued the ticket to Delta one and deducted only 1 GUC
Old Sep 18, 2023, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
I assume people only use chat for the entertainment. You don’t actually trust them do things to your tickets do you? If you do, the new skymiles program should be the least of your problem

you have given control of your ticket to a poorly trained agent who’s working five or six different chats at the same time and probably confused or just does the wrong thing for entertainment. So when you get to the airport, you won’t even have a ticket
Thanks for the advice and I will take it in the future😀. But looks like this time they already reissued the ticket into DeltaOne(OK) and closed only one GUC.
cjglick and SoroSuub1 like this.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 10:13 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM, UA Silver (thanks Marriott!), Marriott Ambassador
Thanks for the advice and I will take it in the future😀. But looks like this time they already reissued the ticket into DeltaOne(OK) and closed only one GUC.
well played!!! Not your place to educate them..
LowValueCustomer and hi55us like this.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 2:35 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA

Congrats!

That could have just as easily gone the other way.

Let us know if your ticket malfunctions and puts you into "extra security" on the day of your flight. At some point, service always regresses to the mean.
emma dog likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 7:44 am

Programs: DL 1MM Platinum, UA 1k, HH Silver, BonVoy Platinum
Similar thing one time for me when (on the phone to DM line) one rep was insisting I could upgrade from Y to Premium Select to D1 with 2 coupons, but other agents have told me only 1 allowed per flight. Anyway, it didn’t work out and I think I just held onto the GUCs for a later date.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 11:41 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I hate the chat, and I hate how they pipe the Twitter/X DMs to the same outsourced outfit that handles this chat.

I cancelled a flight a few months ago, and received a credit. Last week, when I went to go use the credit, something was wrong. The first sign of trouble was that the credit didn't show up in my Delta Credits and Vouchers section. No worry, I just pulled up the original ticket numbers and looked up the credits that way. Then, after booking, the PNR didn't show up on My Trips. But, I received an email so I looked up the PNR and something was off. The PNR did not recognize me as a Platinum Medallion, and was ineligible for upgrades. So, I cancelled it and received another credit, and tried to rebook, and that's when I sawwhat happened. When adding the credit, it squished my first name and middlle name into the First Name field, and then it added my middle name again into the middle name field. Since it squished my middle name into my first name into the first name field, it was too long so it cut it off after a few letters. Both fields were grayed out so I couldn't fix it.

I was in the middle of somerhing, so I thought, well, Delta has been great over Twitter in the past, so I thought I'd tweet them and ask if they can help. The first warning sign was that they responded right away, as if it were automated. Delta never responded that quickly before.

So, off to the DMs, I went. I explained the problem, gave them the eCredit number, and the agent couldn't be more rude. Not only did the agent talk down to me, I couldn't get the agent to understand that the ticket was cancelled and that I wanted to use the credit to make a new booking. They kept saying that there's nothing wrong with the reservation, and that they can't change the name on it.

So, after I finished what I was doing, I called the Platinum Medallion line where a friendly agent was able to apply the credit, and override the name field to match my SkyMiles profile, and get the ticket booked.

I'm still contemplating whether I should take screenshots and send them to Ed Bastian('s office) to let him/them know that the rude outsourced support is unacceptable.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter

The text message agents are from the same pool of people as those who answer the phone, I would think the same is true for chat?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.