Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Many new and returning routes for summer '24

Many new and returning routes for summer '24

Old Sep 16, 2023, 9:48 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Looks like flights have been loaded:

ATL-SBA: 223
SLC-SBA: 223
ATL-BUR: 223
ATL-RNO: 757
ATL-OAK: 739
ATL-FAT: 738
DTW-ANC: 321NEO
DTW-SMF: 739
SLC-CMH: 738
SEA-DFW: 223
Old Sep 16, 2023, 9:53 am
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
OAK returning could be nice for this ATL hub captive (the airport location is usually more convenient for my travels than SFO or SJC), but I suspect it'll be a daytime westbound and redeye eastbound like it was last time they tried it. (It makes the eastbound flight less appealing to me). Though I wonder how much of this route is also a warning shot to Southwest in case they want to restart the route.
Old Sep 16, 2023, 9:56 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by ryw
OAK returning could be nice for this ATL hub captive (the airport location is usually more convenient for my travels than SFO or SJC), but I suspect it'll be a daytime westbound and redeye eastbound like it was last time they tried it. (It makes the eastbound flight less appealing to me). Though I wonder how much of this route is also a warning shot to Southwest in case they want to restart the route.
ATL-OAK is an evening departure around 730pm; eastbound is indeed a red-eye at 1045pm
Old Sep 16, 2023, 11:36 am

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
Originally Posted by pfreet
I agree! Delta has ignored the central coast for too long! American, United and Alaska all fly to SBP.
Not only that, but SBP service has grown a ton in the last decade! You've got AA running twice daily A319s to DFW and UA running the occasional mainline to DEN. Gone are the days of guaranteed CRJ-200 through SFO to get anywhere.

Fares are high too; I would love to see the same treatment that SBA gets - once or twice daily from SLC and a daily to ATL on a 220 for eastbound connections to compete with DEN/DFW/PHX
Old Sep 16, 2023, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by steveholt
DL trying OAK again makes me laugh.
Flying in to Oakland is so much easier than SFO, especially is your going to the East bay side.
Old Sep 16, 2023, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by msglsmo
Flying in to Oakland is so much easier than SFO, especially is your going to the East bay side.
Not disputing that at all. But DL has started service to OAK only to stop ... twice? Three times? Four? Over the last 15 years.
Old Sep 16, 2023, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Hooray! New sad box stations.
Old Sep 16, 2023, 3:44 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Verily, the 220 is the Dreamliner of regional-ish jets.
DenverBrian likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by steveholt
Not disputing that at all. But DL has started service to OAK only to stop ... twice? Three times? Four? Over the last 15 years.
DL has remained on other routes (always SLC, usually LAX) but ATL has come and gone on a seemingly annual basis for the past decade

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.