Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Reserve Card 2024 Upgrade Priority Declines 1 Position

Reserve Card 2024 Upgrade Priority Declines 1 Position

Old Sep 15, 2023, 9:17 pm

Programs: Delta DM, United Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Not that I ever buy Y fares, but you'd think anyone who has to (chooses to?) should at least get rewarded for it.
Old Sep 15, 2023, 9:18 pm

Programs: DL 2MM/DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by FlyBitcoin
Yes.
But what PM or DM is going to purchase C+?
So #2 on the priority list really only matters if #1 has to sort through multiple Golds and lower.
When corporate booking or client policy mandates purchasing Y cabin, the PM/DM to generate higher MQD earnings will purchase the upgrade.

Originally Posted by hhdl
A PM/DM who wants to jump to the top of the list for an F upgrade.

This also sets up nicely for transcon PS, though I'm a little surprised that they're not putting FO in PS ahead of DM in Y.

FCM counting for upgrade priority is noteworthy.
Agree.
UnderEst likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2023, 9:21 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by rylan
If intentional that would be a shock, meaning that a somebody in the same medallion group on a full Y gets no priority over a V fare. Would likely work out well for me as a 2MM, but I doubt that is the intent and does nothing to incentivize more expensive tickets.
It incentivizes taking a C+M or PSM offer though. DMs who pay for C+ instead of taking it free at booking are first in line for F. Buying something you get for free is the behavior DL wants to incentivize.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 2:38 pm

Programs: DL PM, WN A-List
Originally Posted by matchbox20_is
Not that I ever buy Y fares, but you'd think anyone who has to (chooses to?) should at least get rewarded for it.
back in the day (a few years ago I guess, I'm not that old) I remember partner Premium Economy bookings with domestic segments booking into Y. And then instant after ticketing upgrade to F.
Then they made premium economy ticket domestic connections first class. Then they made them C+. Oh well
Old Sep 20, 2023, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA- 1K, DL-DM, AA-G, BON-T
Originally Posted by hhdl
A PM/DM who wants to jump to the top of the list for an F upgrade.

This also sets up nicely for transcon PS, though I'm a little surprised that they're not putting FO in PS ahead of DM in Y.

FCM counting for upgrade priority is noteworthy.
I dont read the chart like that. It is saying all diamonds go first - then among diamonds: PS then C+ then Y purchased cabins then Diamonds in PS, million milers go first etc etc. So FO is still way behind.
Old Sep 20, 2023, 8:23 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by CaliguyNYC
I dont read the chart like that. It is saying all diamonds go first - then among diamonds: PS then C+ then Y purchased cabins then Diamonds in PS, million milers go first etc etc. So FO is still way behind.
Right, that's what the upgrade order will be.

I was *surprised* that it's not going to be:

DM in PS
PM in PS
GM in PS
FO in PS
Reserve no-status, corporate flyer, SkyTeam Elite in PS
DM in paid C+
PM in paid C+
Etc etc
Old Sep 21, 2023, 6:18 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
For certain corporate travelers, booking C+ will be in-policy for Economy fares, so it's possible PM/DM members start doing that since it's not their money.
hhdl likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.